Why did the death of the Jacka help lift Pittsburg up like Mac Dre's did Vallejo?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 4, 2017
I'm into Bay Area Hip Hop, and what I find fascinating about the Bay is how certain cities remain relevant, while others never get their shot. Pittsburg has been bubbling under the Bay Area rap radar for a long time. I figured since the Jacka died, Pittsburg would blow up just like how Mac Dre's death reignited Vallejo. Why didn't this occur?

Blame Malki for making the Bay look bad with his stupid videos and mumbling rhymes. These days it's not good enough just to have Real Rap talent. Kids, the internet and social media decide who will be the next big thing and fan loyalty only lasts a Summer or two until the next round of Rappers get chosen. The Bay Area has always been a Hotbed of talent and trendsetting music. Right now the only ones getting much attention from the Bay Area are S.O.B-R.B.E, G-Eazy and all the O.G's that are still Rapping: E-40, B-Legit, Spice 1, Too Short, Richie Rich, Cellski, J-Diggs, Dubee ect.

Jan 9, 2012
Oakland,Ca
I'm into Bay Area Hip Hop, and what I find fascinating about the Bay is how certain cities remain relevant, while others never get their shot. Pittsburg has been bubbling under the Bay Area rap radar for a long time. I figured since the Jacka died, Pittsburg would blow up just like how Mac Dre's death reignited Vallejo. Why didn't this occur?

Vallejo had been on way before dre death.....

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
Pittsburg is being lifted because gentrification has forced people out of traditional Bay rap strongholds and to move into East Contra Costa.

Jul 18, 2014
Imo pittsburg had it's run and was a descent one. Mob figaz, ghetto starz, rob lo, awax, bill stacks album was hella hard but can't find that shit for nothing. Hella compilations.

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
Imo pittsburg had it's run and was a descent one. Mob figaz, ghetto starz, rob lo, awax, bill stacks album was hella hard but can't find that shit for nothing. Hella compilations.
Pittsburg had a sick scene........up until shit like this started popping up everywhere