Why is bay area rap so weak these days?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2003
Wtf happened? I used to slap nothing but bay shit when i was younger. Now i only listen to music coming outa ATL. What happened? Who in the bay is actualy coming correct these days?

Dec 19, 2008
North Sac
True. I dont know when it became cool to act like a little bitch all of the sudden. What the fuck is wrong with these kids? Im only 28 but in my younger days, i always wanted to be a solid guy. These new cats coming out are weak as fuck to me. I listened to rap at an early age and watched the 2pacs, Mac Dres, Luniz, Too Shorts and E-40s all either blow up or die. I purchased cds with hard earned money, and enjoyed those albums where every track.slapped hard, no skip. Nowadays, these kids pirate every fucking song and theres no quality anymore. Everyone follows a trend and copies each other. Shits hella faulty and thats why i don't really give a fuck anymore. All my favorites are dead or in prison. So ill just be a semi-old guy in a young mans game and just keep bumping my classic shit. Fuck the new generation rappers, except the ones who try to be as original as possible.

Aug 17, 2002
one reason is the lack of styles. there was so much diversity back in the day. Dudes from the same neighborhood sounded completely different from one another, and I'm not just talking about the tone of voice i'm talking to the style of flow and delivery. cougnut and c fresh both had rough voices but their deliveries were different. Black c, mr ceee and hitman all sounded different from each other. Tayda Tay, Mane-0, and hennessey, all sounded different... e40, blegit, suga t etc etc. even heiro and hobo junction from the more "hip hop" sounding stuff. Compare those styles to a more recent bay group, HBK. The first time I heard iamsu i thought i was hearing wiz khalifa. look at berner's and b-easy's mediocre style and flow

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
I WOULD SAY ITS DUE 2 THE LACC OF LEGITIMATE DEALS AND UNITY. I DONT SUPPORT ANY RAPPERS DISSING ARTISTS IN THEIR OWN REGION UNLESS THEY REALLY HAVE PERSONAL ISSUES CUZ IN NO WAY IS IT AN UPLIFTING GESTURE. IT JUST FUCCS SHIT UP. IF U DONT BELIEVE ME, GO TO OTHER AREAS AND ASK WHAT THEY FEEL ABOUT THE BAY. CANT MAKE IT TO THE TOP IF U ALWAYS TRYING TO BRING OTHERS DOWN CUZ KARMA DONT WORK THAT WAY. A SMART MAN WILL TAKE THAT AS WISDOM. AN IGNORANT MF WILL SAY IM HATIN. REGARDLESS, THE TRUTH IS ALL THAT STANDS THRU THE TEST OF TIME.
#WCM

Aug 17, 2002
IT JUST FUCCS SHIT UP. IF U DONT BELIEVE ME, GO TO OTHER AREAS AND ASK WHAT THEY FEEL ABOUT THE BAY. CANT MAKE IT TO THE TOP IF U ALWAYS TRYING TO BRING OTHERS DOWN CUZ KARMA DONT WORK THAT WAY. A SMART MAN WILL TAKE THAT AS WISDOM. AN IGNORANT MF WILL SAY IM HATIN. REGARDLESS, THE TRUTH IS ALL THAT STANDS THRU THE TEST OF TIME.
#WCM
ya i remember some dude from new york was dissing yuk and it wasn't a great song but he did say something that stuck out "that's the problem with the west coast, yall act like children"

Apr 5, 2015
Wtf happened? I used to slap nothing but bay shit when i was younger. Now i only listen to music coming outa ATL. What happened? Who in the bay is actualy coming correct these days?
FRISCO

Sunnydale

HP

Towers

Fillmoe
San quinn son

OAKLAND
of course philthy rich.

East Oakland

West Oakland

North Oakland of course HD

VALLEJO

SACRAMENTO

And many many more. The siccness is just outta touch sorry to stay. Most of the old school rappers in the bay want to stay in the light instead of finding these new rappers and invest in them so you can come up on some label shit.

The only rappers ive seen do that is E40, he got nef the Pharoah under his wing taking him to new york radios and big concerts.

I seen richie rich give j Stalin his first push, stalin put lil blood and philthy on. Then lil blood put lil goofy on.

Too short always show love.

and thats why those older cats stay on they shit because they stay on the times but dont jeopardize theyself.

Last edited:

SF TRAXX

Composer / Producer
Most of the old school rappers in the bay want to stay in the light instead of finding these new rappers and invest in them so you can come up on some label shit...
Exactly. And investing can come in other forms. ie: Have one of these bay OG's [that we grew up listening to] ghost write music for some of these younger cats who got flow and drive.

Or is not real enough?