Who's down to be a part of an Artist Union??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
IM NOT TRYING TO TOUCH EVERYBODY BUT I WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH SOME POSITIVE MINDED PPL AND CREATE A UNION WHICH PROTECTS THE ARTISTS FROM THE "DONT ASK, DONT TELL" POLICIES THAT GO ON IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS. ALOT OF US SELL VERY WELL OVERSEAS AND OTHER PLACES BUT ARE NEVER NOTIFIED BY THE DISTRIBUTORS AND PPL WE DO BUSINESS WITH. IM JUST PLAYING MY PART AS A TRUTH VESSEL AND IM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS MOVEMENT.
#WCM

Feb 2, 2015
There's no "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" in the industry. There's just fuckin idiots that don't read or understand the contracts their signing. Or, even if they do understand the contracts, they sign them anyway because they're so desperate to get on in the industry. With today's technology, there's only yourself to blame if you get a raw deal in the industry.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
So you wanna start a union to protect you from who? Labels? Consumers? I dont get it... if you wanna organize and take on say west coast mafia records and demand more per unit shipped or youre striking, oh wait, thats your company.
You are on both sides of the bargaining table...

And before you say i dont know anything about unions, ive been a union worker for 8 years. OE3...

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
So you wanna start a union to protect you from who? Labels? Consumers? I dont get it... if you wanna organize and take on say west coast mafia records and demand more per unit shipped or youre striking, oh wait, thats your company.
You are on both sides of the bargaining table...

And before you say i dont know anything about unions, ive been a union worker for 8 years. OE3...
thats not what i was thinking....at all. Its a move to help artists who dont know the business and keep getting stiffed by the larger companies, My biz with West Coast Mafia Records is straight and i do ventures with them...have never released a KILLA TAY album thru that outlet becuz i think i do better as my own independent. I have 3 labels tho and i manage a few artists who are making good progress in the south and midwest where ppl actually still buy records.
I see this kinda stuff aint for everybody....especially ppl talkin clown shit and sidewinding instead of tryin 2 be helpful or interested cuz those are the only ppl i want 2 focus on....not the dont knows who think they know everything (which we have plenty of on the siccness)
Thx anyway

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
I was more or less leaning towards some Bay artists and others who sell records overseas and in unreported regions and never get payed for it.
And before u say i dont know what im talking about.....i know a certain rapper who is popular on the siccness who missed out on 1.4 mil becuz of what im speakin on.
Anyway, carry on with whatever u thinkin but just remember...we all have our own thoughts....i think. LOL
#WCM

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
Like some of the artists who ive seen release projects thru independent labels only 2 find out later that they are involved with a company like RAPBAY 4 instance who actually has a label called RAPBAY records and sells product without them knowing thru channels and accounts that are well established and would not do business with the average new rapper with some hot music and has a label named after himself but isnt really a functioning company

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
IM NOT TRYING TO TOUCH EVERYBODY BUT I WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH SOME POSITIVE MINDED PPL AND CREATE A UNION WHICH PROTECTS THE ARTISTS FROM THE "DONT ASK, DONT TELL" POLICIES THAT GO ON IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS. ALOT OF US SELL VERY WELL OVERSEAS AND OTHER PLACES BUT ARE NEVER NOTIFIED BY THE DISTRIBUTORS AND PPL WE DO BUSINESS WITH. IM JUST PLAYING MY PART AS A TRUTH VESSEL AND IM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS MOVEMENT.
#WCM
That's bullshit!! I know for a fact that Snakegang @Snakegang keeps you informed on how many units he's selling

Feb 2, 2015
NAH ITS DEEPER THAN THAT BUT IM NOT GONNA WASTE MY TIME EXPLAINING TO PPL ALREADY COMMITTED TO THINKIN THEY KNOE EVERYTHING. IM NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE INDUSTRY, IM WORRIED ABOUT HELPING AND PROTECTING ARTISTS WHO ARE INTERESTED OR CAN RELATE. MAYBE THIS AINT YOUR LANE AND THATS OK.

So you mean to tell me you're so educated about the industry yet you have unclaimed digital royalties through the biggest Digital Performing Rights Organization?

Thank me later for helpin get you some money. Maybe you need to realize you are actually the one who potrays himself as the "Know-It-All".

I will stay in my lane, which is this exact lane that you claim to know so much about. I graduate this Saturday with a Bachelor's Degree in Music Business. Maybe this really aint YOUR lane, and that's OK.