A-Wax Slapping the shit outta Rob Lo (mob figaz producer)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
My perspective is this...

I listened to the album and throughout they included audio of the confrontation. After Bowlin was interesting where Rob said, I make music- got beat up and I could hear Rob struggling as if he was being choked out. There was someone there that let it go to a certain point but stopped it and said "hold up" and "rob get up". I don't know who that was but someone said enough was enough and felt it was appropriate to intervene.

I can't speak on Rob Lo and if there are other factors (alleged kidnapping statement) as to why he got beat up but lets say it was just because he defended Hus. In my opinion if that is the only reason its some punk shit. Rob is a producer, not a gangsta like the rest of the Mob and this is like picking on the weak person because you know its easy.

Again, just my perspective and there may be bits of information that I am not aware of.
Thanks for the heads up on that bowling track. I just listened to it on YouTube and that last minute with the clip from this incident was mainey it was like you're right there

Nov 27, 2014
I had a couple Rob Lo cd's I don't think I ever heard him rap but the cds were tight. That is kind of some punk shit to go after the weakest dude if that's what's happening. I've seen Hustla a few times out in Walnut Creek and Concord kicking it. I never heard of A Wax going out and kicking it like that. I'm way more of a fan of A Wax music then Hustla but you never hear of Wax ever out just kicking it. He probably just has too much funk for rapping shit about other rappers so maybe that's smart.

Aug 17, 2002
Dope album but I won't pay for those lame ass interludes. The last one is especially weird because it, for the hundredth time, shows that it's some real personal small town biz by people who were all friends at one point.

Props: Mr G and Mr G
Jan 18, 2015
True, but this whole thing started when rob supposedly accused wax of kidnapping in front of the police at a festival. Maybe the cops ignored him then but all it takes is one bored cop to stop, listen and take action.
That's not what started the whole thing but it was a factor.

My perspective is this...

I can't speak on Rob Lo and if there are other factors (alleged kidnapping statement) as to why he got beat up but lets say it was just because he defended Hus. In my opinion if that is the only reason its some punk shit. Rob is a producer, not a gangsta like the rest of the Mob and this is like picking on the weak person because you know its easy.

Again, just my perspective and there may be bits of information that I am not aware of.
Nobody on here really knows the whole story so we shouldn't pretend. But it's more than just Rob standing up for Hus. Rob admitted that Abel (Wax's boy) "always had my bro back" but then took Hus's side even though he snitched on Abel. Sometimes you got to pay the consequences when you pick your sides.

How do you just stand there and let someone slap the shit outta you? Didn't try to duck n dodge or bob n weave...nothin'. MAN CARD ROVKED! LuLz
You can't dodge a punch you don't see coming. That's just stupid.

Awax hits like a bitch..... jdiggs 's knockouts are fucking brutal
I don't know what you were looking at but that was a pretty good shot. Plus, it wasn't a punch, it was a slap and it knocked Rob backwards. Wax isn't a big guy. Not everybody is built and can hit like Tyson dude.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i dont wanan pick sides because musically, i think hus is dope. as far as the background situation, its been explained, and ive read paperwork enough times, and it is what it is. the people involved can have that. so i'm left with loyalty to my homies and music. I've always liked wax's music, and he puts stuff out more consistently than hus, but that wont stop me from checking this new dj fresh and hus tonite show... ive lived in the P a few years now and ive seen hus in the lo once, never seen wax but hs homies with some of my homies, ones that got rx tatted on them, and i can respect wax for being a dude that is down for his niggas and really rides for them and puts niggas in positions to eat. in the rap game believe it or not that sort of loyalty is important. and before all this shit, wax put rydah, hus and jack on albums of his (who got it vol. 1,2) so you cant knock him for sticking with the street codes.

Last edited:

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
DJ Fresh and Hus doing an album?
yep, i was looking at dj fresh's page on IG (i think it was dj fresh's page, if not it was either hus or bo strangles) they were in the studio together. and it said watch out for the upcoming Dj fresh and hus tonite show also bo strangles tonite show.
i was tellin fresh he should do one w hus cuz i think when hus got dope beats he comes hella tight, as seen by dope guns and religion.

now moving along, on some side notes about this shit..

a long ass time ago i had some homies that are some real gangsters that ran into jack and had a few things to say about him, none of which i will repeat out of respect, while he was alive, but i didnt let that change the way i listened to his music. i always liked his music and i thought almost every album he had was classic. even if the comments said to me were true i could give a shit. he was still dope as fuck and someones hearsay wasnt gonna change that opinion

now on another side note, beyond any story thats alleged about hus, i think dope music is dope music. i dont like hus because he says hes some dope dealer or even because he says hes 'real' hes talented at making music and thats why i like his shit.

now wax, i think his 'realness' plays a part in why i like his music. its sort of a different background and reason i like his shit. the shit wax talks about as a rapper is more background-story based, and because of that, his actual character and authenticness plays a part in his music and how you listen to it. it has alot to do with how and what you rap about that makes people have to take your life in account w the validity of your music. when its not as serious, you can listen to music and not worry about that. like most of hus's dope guns and religion isnt dope because of claims or comments of whom he is. its just a good album because of talent and ability to spit tight on the beats given. and thats not to say wax dosent have that same talent i just think hes more 'truth' based.

like yea i can kinda laugh at that shit about rob lo on that skit, but it dont make rob lo's brave new world any less than dope to me. yknow what i mean? who he is as a person only matters when im not listening to an album at home for it bieng musically entertaining. if it was in the streets or it was something that was affiliated w people i know well or it affected me or mines, id feel different and i may even look at the music different if he said some shit that contridicted the situation but thats not whats goin on.

whatever happened is between wax and whomever else involved. and until it involved me or its told to me first hand by people involved w it i cant look at any of this shit different and even if it was told to me, i dont know if it would effect my musical ear for slaps.

only thing ill change my opinion on someone for is like child molestation.
iv promoted for wax. my homies run with wax and pie-rx. ive listened to his music since he first put shit out and loved it. but it aint my job to pick sides and ima like whatever music i like and dont feel like i should inherit the persons opinion on the other rapper because i like it or not. thats honestly some bitch ass nigga/yes man shit. not authentic at all. i wouldnt fuck w someone who did that cuz they actin like a choosy suzie type ho.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2015
yep, i was looking at dj fresh's page on IG (i think it was dj fresh's page, if not it was either hus or bo strangles) they were in the studio together. and it said watch out for the upcoming Dj fresh and hus tonite show also bo strangles tonite show.
i was tellin fresh he should do one w hus cuz i think when hus got dope beats he comes hella tight, as seen by dope guns and religion.

now moving along, on some side notes about this shit..

a long ass time ago i had some homies that are some real gangsters that ran into jack and had a few things to say about him, none of which i will repeat out of respect, while he was alive, but i didnt let that change the way i listened to his music. i always liked his music and i thought almost every album he had was classic. even if the comments said to me were true i could give a shit. he was still dope as fuck and someones hearsay wasnt gonna change that opinion

now on another side note, beyond any story thats alleged about hus, i think dope music is dope music. i dont like hus because he says hes some dope dealer or even because he says hes 'real' hes talented at making music and thats why i like his shit.

now wax, i think his 'realness' plays a part in why i like his music. its sort of a different background and reason i like his shit. the shit wax talks about as a rapper is more background-story based, and because of that, his actual character and authenticness plays a part in his music and how you listen to it. it has alot to do with how and what you rap about that makes people have to take your life in account w the validity of your music. when its not as serious, you can listen to music and not worry about that. like most of hus's dope guns and religion isnt dope because of claims or comments of whom he is. its just a good album because of talent and ability to spit tight on the beats given. and thats not to say wax dosent have that same talent i just think hes more 'truth' based.

like yea i can kinda laugh at that shit about rob lo on that skit, but it dont make rob lo's brave new world any less than dope to me. yknow what i mean? who he is as a person only matters when im not listening to an album at home for it bieng musically entertaining. if it was in the streets or it was something that was affiliated w people i know well or it affected me or mines, id feel different and i may even look at the music different if he said some shit that contridicted the situation but thats not whats goin on.

whatever happened is between wax and whomever else involved. and until it involved me or its told to me first hand by people involved w it i cant look at any of this shit different and even if it was told to me, i dont know if it would effect my musical ear for slaps.

only thing ill change my opinion on someone for is like child molestation.
iv promoted for wax. my homies run with wax and pie-rx. ive listened to his music since he first put shit out and loved it. but it aint my job to pick sides and ima like whatever music i like and dont feel like i should inherit the persons opinion on the other rapper because i like it or not. thats honestly some bitch ass nigga/yes man shit. not authentic at all. i wouldnt fuck w someone who did that cuz they actin like a choosy suzie type ho.
I agree with most of what you said but if a rapper is coming across all "thug lord" on an album and then I hear about some situations where they actually aren't that person that will turn me off to their music. A' la Rick Ross. Btw, this is not directed at Roblo but just in general.

I think rap music should be reserved for people who really lived what they talk about, at least to some degree. Like Jack said on WHTTW, "I can't listen to rap unless you lived ya songs" (paraphrasing)