A-WAX - RX LORD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 4, 2017
Rancho Cordova
No I don't listen to any of that other shit from those artists you mentioned But I do not write off the album of my favorite artist just because he's trying something different and uses autotune. I actually like the artists that try different things instead of playing the same watered down crap album after album.The production on this album is awesome. Straight gas! To me, it's the best production of any of his albums. I just focus on the music and the music is great it opinion on this album. I don't stay stuck in the past and I don't really like artists who do either, in any music genre.

His last two projects were dope this one and Ova east . To me I like this album better than Pullin strings. I'd rate this as his #1 and Pullin strings #2.

Anyways, to each his own. I'm sort of surprised by all the negativity that's coming from this dope ass album.
You do realize how much of a fool you sound like ? Stuck in the past? Some of the best rap ever made is shit from the past. Timeless music. How many songs off rxlord are going to be timeless hits that you'll be able to revisit In 5 years ? 10 years ? And say damn this still slaps? Zero.
This gonna be one of them $0.99 cds in the bargain bin.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
my only gripe about the album is that theres some weird ass sound , that i think comes from the producer, thats almost on every song. that shit drives me fucking crazy. i kept hearing it, and i was like damn...am i tripping?

maybe its the spotify copy. but every time i heard that same sound on every song id be like wtf! i know i aint the only one who heard it. at first i was thinkin the beats was the same. both me and my homie kept hearin it

ima have to give it some extra listens. first listen i was trippin off that same sound. usually thats somethin u do on a promotional copy so someone dosent steal your beat/song. the songs towards the end of the album got better.

Last edited:
May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
Not gonna lie, i actually liked this shit. Only thing that bugged me was that weird Kill Bill sound effect in every fuckin song. Why????

Southsides signature

*edit F @Fucky McFuckerson beat me to it

Apr 14, 2006
This album is dope like the rest of his music. Rest of the bay rap is crap these days and Wax keeps making dope as new music with top notch production. Classic timeless music is great and very important, but the good artists keep moving forward pushing new sounds and new material. I respect that push much more than those artists that constantly play the same sound all the time. This new shit is dope!

Apr 14, 2006
Yea so far this shit is bangin, I'm not always on that new shit but these beats and autotune seem to compliment Wax's style.

Tell me what Bay Area rap artist has evolved like this? My folks out here gonna be feeling this.
Agreed. he's so much better than pretty much everybody else from the bay out there in my opinion. everybody else is making the same old sound, however, he keeps pushing it in a different direction.

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
Agreed. he's so much better than pretty much everybody else from the bay out there in my opinion. everybody else is making the same old sound, however, he keeps pushing it in a different direction.
I won't go as far as to say he's better than anyone else out here, shit I'm anticipating that new J stalin "Tonite show"; but besides that, there's other artist out here that got banging shit. Wax has just evolved and shifted from the "Bay sound". I'm always going to be a fan of bay music bro.