A-Wax-Elm 2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 12, 2006
Fuck. I'll admit, hearing the leaks I though no way it could match up to pulling strings. But damn, well done homie. Definitely your best work yet. Slap, start to finish. That one, "Stage Lights", that right there is the one. Some hit single mainstream type shit for real. I was going through some shit withy wife last night and once again your music got me through it bro. That track especially. Spoke to me and my situation to a T. And "Gave Up" got damn homie. Well done. Just well done. I hope you finally get the recognition you deserve in 2015 bro.

-Smoke.

Dec 4, 2004
Solid album....bumped it on the way to work and back. My top tracks at first listen:

Big Ass Uzi
Work For It
Crocodile Dundee
All My Bitches
Neva Been
Goin Yard

To me Pullin Stringz will always be his best, maybe even better than Thug Deluxe...but let me give this a few good listens and judge.

Mar 14, 2006
east bay
I havnt thoroughly listened to the album yet but I started playing It last night at the gym and there's no way this is going to top pullin strings, IMO. Pullin strings being a solo album plays a major part in it but either way I'm glad to hear the new shit it def. slaps

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2013
I thought Stage Lights was the weakest song to me. I think it just felt too mainstream. His verses were on point, but I didn't like the hook. I think I've heard too many hard wax songs over the years like Fuck The Game. Besides that, I enjoyed every track. Gotta listen more, but this shit just as good as Pullin Strings.

Wax if you do another Northern Exposure, bring that intensity!
I'm riskin my soul, but you ain't listenin though/
On the edge of an abyss, and I'm slippin in slow/

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
this turned out better than i expected, all the features and diff sounds had me a lil doubtful. my only issue against it, is the male singers sound dated, mid 2000s sound imo. wax & nonstop came to bat tho, dope verses & beats throughout.

Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
I'm a late fan to A-Wax but his music to me is like a good book, you can't flick through it or read the first few pages of each chapter and give an opinion. You need to listen through the whole album and pay attention to it (sometimes more than once) before you can judge it accurately.

On first listen of Pulling Strings, the only track I really liked was Lay Them Down, now I play it from start to finish without skipping anything.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
I'm a late fan to A-Wax but his music to me is like a good book, you can't flick through it or read the first few pages of each chapter and give an opinion. You need to listen through the whole album and pay attention to it (sometimes more than once) before you can judge it accurately.
excellent analogy, I agree 100%.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
For the people listening and comparing Pullin Strings to this new ELM 2 project, you cant. Everybody Loves me 1 & 2 are totally different from Pulling Strings. Different bodies of work. But if you are going to compare, compare ELM 1 vs ELM 2. Pullin Strings is 20 songs without a feature and created from a totally different mental space than either of the ELM albums. Its not just the raps. The feel of the albums are different. Trap beats vs dark music. Topics are different. I think in order to really analyze A Wax's work, you cant jump to a conclusion good, or bad after 24 hours of it being online. Enjoy the word play and whats being said. 95% of hip hop music dont have what Wax brings to the table on his projects. Dont just listen to the beats, enjoy the artistry involved. Just my take on it. And yes before anyone replies, i am totally biased. And im ok with that.

Apr 14, 2006

On first listen of Pulling Strings, the only track I really liked was Lay Them Down, now I play it from start to finish without skipping anything.
I totally agree with you here. I was at first pretty disappointed with pulling strings at 1st, but now it has turned in to my favorite complete CD of his I think. On the first listen of this cd, I like it more, but lets see over the next couple weeks how it holds up to Pullin Strings. To me, Pullin Strings is one of the best complete rap albums in the last 5 years.