**VIDEO**1st Ever AFRICAN PRODUCER/ US COLLAB PROJECT- SILENCE + DRAZTIK ="BLACWATER"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 10, 2005
www.myspace.com
**VIDEO**1st Ever AFRICAN PRODUCER/ US COLLAB PROJECT- SILENCE + DRAZTIK ="BLACWATER"

"REBEL COME DOWN" feat. YOUNG NATIONS AND LASRO

Draztik (Johannesburg, South Africa) and Silence DemALL (San Jose/Oakland, California) are "BLACWATER"! The First of it's kind collaboration- between an African producer and an US artist- releases their video for the REBEL COME DOWN single. The song features South African rap heavy weight Young Nations and Guyana born/ San Jose based singer/ragga artist Lasro. The Video was shot on location in Johannesburg, South Africa.

You can follow them on twitter at @Draztik_Beats and @SilenceDemALL

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
Oakland/San Jose emcee Silence DemAll (of The Swap Meet Ensemble) has kept his BLACWATER project on hush mode for a minute, but with “Rebel Come Down” we get our first glimpse at an unprecedented musical alliance. BLACWATER is comprised of Silence and South African producer Draztik, and they are working on the first ever album to be created by an American emcee and African producer.

The two got turned onto each other’s work online, but when a 2008 trip brought Silence to South Africa to work with disadvantaged youth, the idea for BLACWATER came to fruition. It is a partnership first, but the project is also being used as a vehicle to bridge the two continents by featuring artists from their respective regions.

The song “Rebel Come Down” epitomizes this idea, matching Silence with South African hip-hop heavyweight, Young Nations and Bay Area based (Guyana born) singer/ragga artist, Lasro. The result is a blend of hip-hop with a flare of roots reggae.

One time for my people caught in the grind
But won’t let the 9 to 5 define them, got it in mind
to raise out cha situation from ya block or behind
from the valley of the lost where the dead walkin blind
-Silence DemAll

The lyrics speak to the struggles of the common (wo)man trying to make due in hard times. Hard times of course are relative when you are speaking of struggle in the Bay Area versus that in Johannesburg. Nonetheless, some struggles span the globe. Silence’s rhyme, “We need education for the kids so they can emerge / from the bowels of the beast and our nemeses shall burn,” makes sense in Oakland and against the backdrop of post-apartheid Johannesburg. This rebellious anthem would even translate in large part to the struggles of the people of Egypt, Bahrain or Libya.

Freedom music is universal and the Bay Area has historically been recognized as a hot bed of activism. Hopefully BLACWATER and Goapele’s forthcoming African Diaspora mixtape will help remind us of our connection to the world and reinvigorate our dormant rebellious spirit.

http://www.38thnotes.com/2011/02/video-blacwater-feat-young-nations.html#more

Apr 25, 2002
I told you....GO OUT THERE WITH YOUR MUSIC!!!! Thats wassup...Ali been tryin to get me to go, but I'm too scared to be on the flight that long:mad:...LOL

Nice track homie, continue to build them bridges, FUCK local..we international with this 408 shit...

I'm feelin that ALL BLACK SHARK hat too cuzzo.