Viceland / Noisey : Bay Area

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Police brutality and gentrification mean Black Lives Matter plays a big role in Bay Area rap culture. G-Eazy, E-40, Nef the Pharoah and more explore these topics.

I'm sure malki will be on this.

not even trippin tho watch when I get on... its gon be so big they aint gon do noisey bay area they do noisey malki means king edition

Last edited:

I'm sure malki is gonna say he put lil on too.
dam. he beat me to it. i aint trippin ima get a 5 part episode lol.

i finally c where he from now tho. thats 6th st, thats not 7th st like he claim. look it up on google maps. thats 6th and delaware in Berkeley. Thats west berkeley not quite "Waterfront" (to me). imo waterfront is on the other side of university, but I guess still u could call it that. Juey Claim waterfront and hes from that side, even further over. It's just not as ghetto on that side. James kenny park can be ghetto though, its 1 block up the street from 6th and delaware. I got jumped coming out of james kenny 1 time back when i was 16. It's been shootings over there but its rarer. Most of the hottest shit be on the other side of the waterfront.

I got a patna from 7th st the APTs (the jets, where we shot some of "Bang Bang" the music video) he never seen lil b. so thats why i assumed he not from berkeley as he say. I never saw him growing up, and if my patna never seen him then i pretty much said he not waterfront. Cuz my patna know the whole front. I only saw lil b 1 time at young l house when I did my first song with them. Young L is from Albany so it never made sense when I heard lil b talking about west berkeley so much. The only thing that made him seem legit i used to see some known Berkeley goons in the packs video.

If lil b say he from that apt in that video, thats the townhouses on 6th st. its section 8. i used 2 mess wit a girl that lived there, her rent would b 0 dollars, she had a 2 story 3 bedroom. even tho its pretty nice inside and the area looks ok especially during the day, it still can b ghetto. walk in there at any given time, there might be about 10 dreadhead goons in the courtyard smoking weed lookin real sheisty. its been times u walk out side its some straight goons outside your door, kinda takes u back. i used to hear people early in the morning walking thru there talking hella heated about killing someone if they see him. like some straight goons. if thats where he from Im not sure why he claim 7th. Weird af. He def not from 7th if thats the house he claim to live in. funny how nobody i know ever really seen him in the front. he said he took the 9 i used to take that bus every day. so if he know about the 9 he must gotta be from berkeley. Got me thinking now lol.

But yea wit me Im from North Berkeley I been all over this mf. Funny how the main people they covering is more my peers than anything. I'm next up yall get ready big money on the way

Feb 8, 2006
I felt embarrassed for g eazy telling his hardcore story lol
he's a pop star now
i don't think there is anything embarassing about him keeping it real
he is winning on a whole nother level

nef's people should of used turf talks advise and used a bundle bush especially when the cameras are out

TaTa

Sicc OG
May 22, 2006
The Bay is having history repeat in front of our eyes. It's the Gold Rush year of 1849 all over again.

Tech Settlers (Gold Rush Miners), who are migrating from all around the world, in record numbers into Northern California and pushing out the Blacks/Mexicans (Natives) out.

The Police (Hounds), who terrorize the Blacks/Mexicans (Natives), so that they can leave their native lands and make way for more Tech Settlers (Gold Rush Miners).

History of The Hounds:
They levied widely and freely, paraded ostentatiously to music every Sunday. They also were always ready to serve as jurors, or as witnesses on either side of a case, for pay, and could be hired to drive a squatter, or a settler, from his land, to burn a house, and to beat, or kill a man. Strangers unable to defend themselves seldom escaped their attention. Men from Sing Sing and convicts from Sydney joined the "Hounds," and taught them how to enlarge their sphere of usefulness. Pride was growing with power, they became ashamed of the old name, and called themselves "The San Francisco Society of Regulators." "It was a model system of vagabondage, a Platonic republic for vagrants and blackguards, and might most truthfully have been named a Society for the Promotion of Vice, or a veritable Hell-fire Club." They regulated elections, they collected debts for pay, considered a bill conclusive evidence of its justice, and, without trial, seized property if payment was refused.