The time Ludacris met Mac Dre (RIP)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
THE MARTORIALIST: LudaThizz: when Ludacris met Mac Dre

"Tonight's winning pub quiz question: which rapper inspired the over-familiar local rap CEO Ludacris finds lurking in the men's toilet in Get Back's video? Answer: Mac Dre, with the video being based on an actual IRL chance encounter between the 2 rappers at some point during 2004.

Allegedly, the story unfurls summat like this: Ludacris is in Oakland for a show and is taking a slash in the venue's backstage bathroom when a pilled-up Mac Dre approaches him outlining a plan for Playaz Circle to release an album on Thizz Entertainment, and an invitation for Luda to come to his studio to record a song together. Ludacris politely declines both offers, but is so bemused by Mac Dre's demeanour he decides to recreate an elaborated version of events in his next single's video, in which the director Spike Jonze hires Fatlip from The Pharcyde to impersonate Dre. Mac Dre doesn't even get an opportunity to give Ludacris the Little Bruce treatment as payback because Def Jam drops the Get Back video a mere 8 days after Dre's death in november 2004. To this very day, Mac Dre's close friends like PSD are still furious with Ludacris (though PSD had previous issues), and Luda can count himself very lucky he never found himself alone in a bathroom with Mac Minister (no George Michael.)

Who emerges from this unfortunate tale with the least dirt on their hands - Ludacris for poking fun an intoxicated Oakland underground legend trying to network with a bonafide star? Def Jam for releasing a video mocking a recently deceased rapper? Fatlip for metaphorically stabbing a fellow west coast rapper in the back? Or Mac Dre for not observing the proper etiquette when tryna discuss business in a public toilet?"

Hood Rat Matt

Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
If you google about the Mac Dre and Luda incident, you'll see that the rumor has been going around since around 2006. I wonder why it resurfaced all of a sudden. Fatlip is a bitch for that move too
I saw some stuff on Instagram today that the sicc's own SYKO @SYKO posted, so that got me looking into it. I saw that video lots of times but I never put it together because I didn't hear the story

Hood Rat Matt

Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Wasn't there a scene in hustle n flow where luda's character is taking a piss and dude tries to talk to him about getting him on a track? Luda talks shit to him and dude whoops Luda...maybe that story inspired the scene

Too bad MD didnt take off on em story woulda been classic.
that's right haha. Ludacris is a pipsqueak and Dre had hands for a skinny guy...I am sure he wouldn't want no parts of Furly

Apr 28, 2016
Never heard this story Chris bridges been a bitch tho I remember when he had playaz circle on dtp n never gave titty boi the shine he deserved nigga had to leave the label to blow up, imagine 2 chainz n dre together lol,They woulda blew the fuck up but Chris bridges hatin ass didn't see the charisma them two had

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Never heard this story Chris bridges been a bitch tho I remember when he had playaz circle on dtp n never gave titty boi the shine he deserved nigga had to leave the label to blow up, imagine 2 chainz n dre together lol,They woulda blew the fuck up but Chris bridges hatin ass didn't see the charisma them two had
2 Chainz & Mac Dre collab sounds like something that would have happened if he was still alive. Would have been a banger too

Nov 27, 2014
Lura had some cool verses but I never liked him that much. Do you think he had more real fans then Mac Dre? I know he had more people know his name but his music wouldn't even be missed. If Dre and Luda got killed the same time Luda would have a bunch of phony Hollywood sympathy then we'd be over it hella quick

Hood Rat Matt

Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Luda was a street team dude who got lucky. I always thought of him as a jokey comedy rapper who catedred more to the ladies...definitely not a tough guy. It would be so funny to me if he got punked about it on camera at some point. I don't want to see him leakin (not really), but if someone pressed him to apologize it would be lulz