THROWBACC SLAP 4 THE TAY HATERS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
DEPENDS ON HIS GRADES. THAT WAS OUR AGREEMENT
Its on man, just got the results back on my last math paper on calculus...Im at a B right now, but my teacher predicts I'll get an A by the end of the year (you can't get A* at AS level). My law and psychology teachers also both gave me predicted A grades. My history teacher is pretty poor at giving feedback...but I got a B in the last practise essay so I should be able to get that A at the end of the AS course.

Ima hold you to your deal when I get 4 A's in the summer man, get ready to break out the pen & pad lol

Attachments

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
What school gives you a 'B' for a 75%? There must be some self esteem issues going on. They want to make you feel good about yourself by giving high letter grades for a lower performance. At least I can proudly say when I got a 'B', it was an 84% or higher.
Except I'm taking AS-levels right now.

Ask any professional in the educational field and they'll tell you that British qualifications are some of the most respected worldwide as they are by far the most difficult to obtain of any western country.

When I spoke to an American kid I genuinely thought he was joking about testing over there. Those "finals" and school-marked non-government exams. Its no wonder why American qualifications, including most university education, doesn't count for shit outside your borders.

Last edited:

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
The grade boundaries are:
U-<30%
F-30%+
E-40%+
D-50%+
C-60%+
B-70%+
A-80%+
A*-90%+ (not available at AS-level, only A-level and GCSE)

Only grades A*-C are recognised as a pass. As for my GCSEs, I got 3 A's and 9A*'s.

I've only just started the AS-level courses in September, and a B on my first practise paper isn't too bad. Mans three of my four subject teachers told me I'm predicted to get an A in the summer, so miss me with that bullshit.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Its on man, just got the results back on my last math paper on calculus...Im at a B right now, but my teacher predicts I'll get an A by the end of the year (you can't get A* at AS level). My law and psychology teachers also both gave me predicted A grades. My history teacher is pretty poor at giving feedback...but I got a B in the last practise essay so I should be able to get that A at the end of the AS course.

Ima hold you to your deal when I get 4 A's in the summer man, get ready to break out the pen & pad lol
I may not like you, but props on taking school seriously. I skipped classes, did stupid shit, till I finally got kicked out before graduating. Made my life a lot tougher than it had to be.