Rydah J. Klyde - Pueblo Esco Review

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Cut to the chase, this shit is dope. The single "Don't Stop" is the weakest track. 8/10 my biggest complaint is that it's too short but what is here is quality.

1. Picture Me Ryden'

Don't know why the track listing labels this as a skit. It's a full track and it knocks. Laid back aggressive beat with a distorted sample of Pac. "Rollin in my 500 Benz, I got no love for these niggas, there's no need to be friends". A lot of artist could shred this type of beat but Rydah keeps it solo and kicks some game like he's known for, it's a perfect vibe to set the album off. 8/10

2. Pueblo Esco

Get high & chill while riding around busting knocks type of beat. I'm digging this. All about hustling, the hooks quite catchy, "I been out here all day & still ain't made shit, so I be working all the time on the late shift". Absolute knock. Rydah fits perfectly with this type of track, it's a new day & era, this is a much more mature sound 9.5/10

3. Luxery Livin' Feat. Chippass

Beat has an 80's throwback kind of vibe. Chippass kicks it off but he doesn't really fit. The difference between the way Rydah fits over the beat and the way Chippass does is night & day. That's not to say that Chippass comes weak or anything like that. Overall the song is a quick little fix. I can imagine the hook getting in someone's head easily. 7/10

4. Heemin' & Patronin' (Aka Don't Stop)

If you've been looking forward to this album you've probably already hear this track. It's a decent song. It's my least favorite of the bunch. The bells in the beat & the pacing don't sit right with me. If you prefer a bit more energy this might be the song for you though. 6.5/10

5. Cake & Ice Cream

Cold pimp beat. Hell yeah! "Vodka for a Mobsta, I don't fuck with hassas" Flows on this track are clean and real smooth. "Get out the way bitch, I'm low on patience". If I had to find a downside, the hook is a little bit bland but it doesn't matter. 9/10

6. The Product

Another slumpa. The production on this album is top notch. Rydah drops an aggro flow that has great contrast with the laid back energy of th beat. "I like a lot of saliva when ya jaw givin, grab the back of ya head with my paw kitten". The hook easily is the most stand outish on the album. 8.5/10

7. They Gone Say Feat. Deltrice

Cool little exit track. I'm not the biggest Deltrice fan but she blends nicely over this beat. The beat is what you would expect when you hear DJ Fresh. Which reminds me of a strange coincidence, the famous "DJ Fresh, DJ Fresh, DJ Fresh" tag is nowhere to be found on the album. 6.5/10

Attachments

Apr 4, 2015
Kind of disappointed this is so short. Will pick it up right away regardless. Don’t Stop actually is one of my favorites, I love the beat and how he flows on this one. Wasn’t feeling Tonite Show overall but the Not At All My Ninja song was an instant classic when I heard it for the first time. That beat and lyrics were dope. I think DJ Fresh and Ridah have a nice chemistry.

Sep 7, 2008
Tonite shows outside of Bay Area

Check out The Tonite Show With Freddie Gibbs (Gary, Indiana), Trae The Truth(Houston Tx), Raekwon (New York), Jay Worthy & Mitchy Slick (Compton & San Diego), Mozzy (Sacramento) , he has plenty of outside the bay projects and more coming stay tuned. We thank y’all for the support .

Apr 10, 2006
Check out The Tonite Show With Freddie Gibbs (Gary, Indiana), Trae The Truth(Houston Tx), Raekwon (New York), Jay Worthy & Mitchy Slick (Compton & San Diego), Mozzy (Sacramento) , he has plenty of outside the bay projects and more coming stay tuned. We thank y’all for the support .
Nah there are people in my mind I think he would be sick with.

I know he has done projects with out the bay people

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
Is this entirely produced by fresh, I dunno why it felt marketed like a tonite show 2 type deal, maybe the cover? Damn near all fresh covers have been that same dude painting like a sundown a car and the rappers + fresh hahahaha. I like em tho. No hate. 7 songs is real short but I gotta rep for the city I live in and rydahs one of the front runners in the P easily. Ima give it a listen tomorrow. Didn’t really get too into the last tonite show even though I wanted to. Rydah needs specific beats, that’s my opinion. His voice don’t sound great on just anything. I always liked the fact he literally made a vocal style/flow out of refusing to take his grill out when rapping. Unless he has a huge lisp I didn’t know of? I say it’s the grill.

God I wish we could get one more money gang album with like a hidden vault of Johnny cash verses no one knew existed.

Last edited: