RIP KMG THE ILLUSTRATOR

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

206jb

Sicc OG
Nov 17, 2009
Was KMG from the bay? I know ATL a LA group....that's sad. I've been bumpin Above The Law since the 80s. RIP KMG

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
BREAKING: The Pomona, California emcee who recorded two gold albums with Above The Law has passed away this weekend.

This morning it has been confirmed by multiple sources that emcee KMG of Pomona, California Hip Hop group Above The Law has died. Longtime A.T.L. affiliate Kokane confirmed the passing of the man man born Kevin Michael Gulley's (thus KMG) on Twitter on July 7, along with music executive Chad Kiser, contacting HipHopDX. The cause of death is unknown at this time.

1 of the greatest MCz on da West has passed! My heart hurt so bad! On my life, I will keep his legacy Alive!! I'll miss U forever... RIP KMG
— Jerry Long/Kokane ( T @toy_sale official) July 7, 2012

KMG (a/k/a KMG The Illustrator) worked on eight albums with Above The Law, a group he founded along with Big Hutch (a/k/a Cold 187um) and DJ Total K-Oss. As a solo artist, KMG also was featured on several of Kokane's albums, including 2012's mixtape Dr. Kokastien.

In their 22 year career, Above The Law was signed to Ruthless Records, Tommy Boy Records and Death Row Records. A.T.L.'s 1990 debut Livin' Like Hustlers and third album Black Mafia Life both achieved gold plaques, the latter featuring an early appearance by Tupac Shakur. The group has also worked with Eazy E, MC Ren, Jayo Felony and Kid Frost. The group made hit singles including "Black Superman" and "Murder Rap."

Dec 4, 2006
Was KMG from the bay? I know ATL a LA group....that's sad. I've been bumpin Above The Law since the 80s. RIP KMG
no he was not from the bay..

but anybody with west coast hip hop influence will respect KMG and what he brought to the table when it comes to west coast gangsta rap music..

RIP KMG...

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
R.I.P. to one of the most humble and real muthafuckas in the game. I was honored to be able to go on the road with Above The Law when we was both signed to Tommy Boy Records and the first thing I noticed was how humble and well respected KMG and Big Hutch were in the industry and in the streets. Even the biggest artist of the day showed KMG love. The game will miss the Legendary KMG. I am glad to be one of the few artist from the bay to say I was able to record with the boss. Rest in peace Big Homie and one love from ya Bay Family Mac & A.K.