Reason why Seagram (rip) isn't mentioned?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 3, 2002
Seems like Seagram gets no love on these boards or elsewhere.

You'd think he would be mentioned alongside other Bay Area legends no longer with us i.e Mr. Cee, Cougnut, Mac Dre, Jacka. But I don't see it. Did hella songs with the legendary Geto Boys. Whats up with that?

Is it the Devil Worship? His death overshadowed by Tupac's (a month apart)?

May 9, 2002
Seems like Seagram gets no love on these boards or elsewhere.

You'd think he would be mentioned alongside other Bay Area legends no longer with us i.e Mr. Cee, Cougnut, Mac Dre, Jacka. But I don't see it. Did hella songs with the legendary Geto Boys. Whats up with that?

Is it the Devil Worship? His death overshadowed by Tupac's (a month apart)?

Devil Worship? What?

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)

Caption from this video:

1993 Album: The Dark Roads
"R.I.P. Seagram Miller 1970-1996"
In the Bay Area hip hop scene he was known for his song The Ville about his notorious neighborhood, the East Oakland's 69 Ville housing projects. Later, he became the first West Coast rapper to be signed to Houston-based Rap-A-Lot Records. His lyrics were violent but rather intelligent and vivid depictions of gangsta lifestyle given in explicit detail.
Miller released three albums in his lifetime: The hard-edged and violent The Dark Roads and the more typically laid-back west coast style Reality Check. 1997's Souls On Ice was released after Miller's murder in late 1996 and captures Miller in top form before his untimely death.
The one incident that stood out most for many involved within the Bay Area hip hop scene occurred when he and Houston rapper Mike G bum rushed a show at SF's DNA Lounge. They weren't scheduled to appear, but Miller showed up with a DAT in his hand and made it clear that he wanted to do a five minute set. His request was granted as he and Mike G hit the stage to do what wound up being the best performance of the night.
The circumstances surrounding Seagram's death aren't too clear. Apparently Seagram was in an area known as The Twomps, Oakland, California in the early hours of the morning when an unknown gunman emerged from the darkness and shot at Seagram's partner Gangsta P. Seagram tried to shield Gangsta P and thus took the bullets that mortally wounded him. Gangsta P was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
At Miller's funeral, thousands showed up to pay their respects.
Category
Music

Last edited:

TaTa

Sicc OG
May 22, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zma4oSCk_5Q

Caption from this video:

1993 Album: The Dark Roads
"R.I.P. Seagram Miller 1970-1996"
In the Bay Area hip hop scene he was known for his song The Ville about his notorious neighborhood, the East Oakland's 69 Ville housing projects. Later, he became the first West Coast rapper to be signed to Houston-based Rap-A-Lot Records. His lyrics were violent but rather intelligent and vivid depictions of gangsta lifestyle given in explicit detail.
Miller released three albums in his lifetime: The hard-edged and violent The Dark Roads and the more typically laid-back west coast style Reality Check. 1997's Souls On Ice was released after Miller's murder in late 1996 and captures Miller in top form before his untimely death.
The one incident that stood out most for many involved within the Bay Area hip hop scene occurred when he and Houston rapper Mike G bum rushed a show at SF's DNA Lounge. They weren't scheduled to appear, but Miller showed up with a DAT in his hand and made it clear that he wanted to do a five minute set. His request was granted as he and Mike G hit the stage to do what wound up being the best performance of the night.
The circumstances surrounding Seagram's death aren't too clear. Apparently Seagram was in an area known as The Twomps, Oakland, California in the early hours of the morning when an unknown gunman emerged from the darkness and shot at Seagram's partner Gangsta P. Seagram tried to shield Gangsta P and thus took the bullets that mortally wounded him. Gangsta P was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
At Miller's funeral, thousands showed up to pay their respects.
Category
Music

This has got to be one of my all time favorite songs. And I ant even from the Oakland's Ville. (Gtown EPA) lol

Jul 3, 2011
Rest In Peace Seagram Rest In Peace Lil Gangsta P got killed by a cop bout 3 years back remember talking with dude on youtube how he still got unreleased gangsta P and Seagram compositions never was able to get em outta him dammit def bumped that Dark Roads album tuff when I first heard it Classic for sure