Rap artist killed in Las Vegas shooting

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 2, 2003
Associated Press

LAS VEGAS - A southern Nevada rap artist was killed and his friend was wounded in a shooting late Thursday outside a recording studio just off the Las Vegas Strip.

The 34-year-old victim was shot dead in a vehicle after an argument with several people about 9:25 p.m., Las Vegas police said.

He was identified by friends as Roosevelt Hines, a local rapper who went by the name "Mister Looks."

The driver of the vehicle, Thomas Richards, 30, was taken to University Medical Center in Las Vegas with several gunshot wounds, police said.

The two were found in a car after it crashed into a light pole about a block west of the glass-strewn shooting scene in front of the Dunjun Studio, in an industrial building on Sahara Avenue.

No suspects were immediately identified.

Police and firefighters were investigating whether a fire in the studio shortly after the shooting had anything to with the slaying.

Investigators said they didn't immediately know if the Thursday night shooting was connected with the May 23 slaying of Kansas City, Mo., rapper Anthony "Fat Tone" Watkins, 24, and another man, Jermaine "Cowboy" Akins, 22, of Las Vegas.

The discovery of their bodies in a southwest Las Vegas residential construction site prompted questions about whether they were killed in retaliation for the November drive-by slaying in Kansas City of California rapper Andre "Mac Dre" Hicks, 34.

Watkins had been considered a person of interest but was never called a suspect in Hicks' slaying, the second involving a California rapper in Kansas City last year.

Nov 2, 2003
Yeah whats up mayne,shit I hope this ain't not retaliation from K.C. because niggas killing niggas mayne when is it gonna end.But if it is retalitaion from Fat Tone's death I be some of his young 51st cutthroats probably was at this.Niggas lets stop all this bullshit and create piece.

Jan 2, 2003
MRxBULLETx831 said:
meanwhile, 4 people shot in kansas city in possible connection to fat tone murder

http://www.kctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3389384
sounds like that shit aint related to nuthin....if they r looking for fools in the bay...how r people shot in KC relaiation for FAT TONES death???

and how is the killing in vegas retaliation???

again if fools from the bay shot TONE...WTF does this havr to do with FAT TONE??

NOTHIN....

BOTH STORYS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CORRELATION....

Jun 27, 2003
haha werd.. the SIDE mayn. Im stayin out East right now, but still call C-side home. Anyway, shit's gettin hella crazy.. just more reason to make rap music a political platform.

EXXXO

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
mayne i jus moved out here to vegas........theres alot of funk between rap camps out here-something like a rap war (thats what the news is callin it...lol). I don't think it had anything to do with the fat tone thing- thats some other shit. The guy that was killed, his friend was telling the reporters his death had nothing to do with the fat tone thing but the rollers gotta check all leads and shit like that.

EXXXO

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Living legend : I'm from tha 831 homie----I gets down with the Undahoggs camp all the time and my group KrymeWave was on that central bay life comp....we used to blaze shit on Enfuego 97.9 and I used to host a radio show on KHDC 90.9 FM in salinas...I'm a Salinas representer from birth...trust that- keep reppin that 831 shit.