Question for A-Wax

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 12, 2006
Aye bro, have you ever been close to signing a major label deal? Other than konvict? And is that your eventual goal, to become a mainstream artist? Thanks for taking the time.

Dec 12, 2006
Fasho bro. Thanks for answering the question. So I'm assuming the billionaire you're speaking on is the CEO/owner of ill burn, Lito, correct. Also, if you're hope is for your music to be appreciated by the masses, wouldn't trying to get signed to a major machine like interscope, Sony bmg, universal, EMI etc. be the route to go simply because they have the power to spread your shit around the world. I don't know shit about the music business so excuse my ignorance. I'm just asking because I'm a big fan of your shit and feel like you could be on top selling millions of records. So I guess what I'm asking is, although you're doing your independent thing with RX and Illburn right now, are you not at all trying to get your music in the hands of a powerhouse label? Again, excuse my ignorance and thanks for taking the time.

Dec 12, 2006
We can do what we want. Put music together for a deal. Stay indie. It doesnt matter. The label controls its own future. If everything is planned out the way I think it is, ELM 2 drops December 23rd and that will be his last truly Indie album.....
What do you mean by "his last truly indie album"?

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
His last 100% indie with smaller budget and little to no promotion. 2015 should prove to be a bigger year with more exposure and substantially larger promo budgets. Plus touring is on the table. Wax is set to have an opportunity to break out next year. His time is coming. Whatever that means and leads to will show itself in 2015 for sure. Nothing is promised or guaranteed. After all, we are in the music business. But him having a chance to take a shot at a bigger picture will be presented.

Dec 12, 2006
His last 100% indie with smaller budget and little to no promotion. 2015 should prove to be a bigger year with more exposure and substantially larger promo budgets. Plus touring is on the table. Wax is set to have an opportunity to break out next year. His time is coming. Whatever that means and leads to will show itself in 2015 for sure. Nothing is promised or guaranteed. After all, we are in the music business. But him having a chance to take a shot at a bigger picture will be presented.
Right on. That's what's up thanks. Best of luck to y'all Fasho. Wax my favorite MC Fasho so it'll be nice to see him get is due finally. Keep pushin

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
i don't see A wax blowing up nationally... he's music is too real and got too much substance to be really appreciated by the average hip hop fan.

the mass of rap fans want to hear the bullshit u get when u turn on the radio...there would have to be a huge culture shift IMO...not saying he couldn't get way bigger cuz I'm sure he will but at the end of the day i could care less just keep dropping them gems like he did on Pulling Strings and ill keep buying