Please nominate me for Billboard's "Top 40 Under 40"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 22, 2002
www.urbanmusicalliance.com
Whatsup to all my Bay Family!

First and most importantly it's been an honor and a pleasure to have worked with each of you - we've conjured magic with late night sessions in the lab; we've been all over the world together - from driving from radio station to radio station, launching your music to the eager minds and hearts of your faithful listeners, to scouring the globe scouting artists and building partnerships. Lately we’ve spent months, years strategizing and making moves on your next big release. I’m right there with you every step of the way and I thank you for every moment you've graciously shared with me.

Today, I bring you exciting news and I would be honored if you would be part of the process!

Billboard has begun accepting nominations for its Power Players: "40 Under 40" award, which honors young, emerging executives who are passionately, unyieldingly contributing to the momentum of the evolving music industry.

With great confidence I would like to ask for your nomination, friend. I ask you to be a part in helping to facilitate mine. This is a meaningful opportunity for me and as CEO and Founder of EMPIRE Distribution, you could help bring attention to my ambitions for the future of the music community.

Many of you already know I've proudly engineered over 300 albums, collaborating with some of the most respectable artists, including Too $hort, The Outlawz, Snoop Dogg, Tha Dogg Pound, Mac Dre, Messy Marv, B-Legit, and many more. Shout out to those whose careers I’ve had the pleasure of helping to usher into the majors - The Game, the homie LoveRance (top 5 record in the country!), Kreayshawn and Kendrick Lamar. Thank you to INgrooves for the formative experiences where I was Urban Director and Head of A&R for 3 years.

Check Out What I've Been Up To As of Late!
I've been tirelessly forging ahead with EMPIRE since 2010. Let me take a second to tell you why this is such a special business. A little known fact about me... when I wasn't spending every waking free moment in the studio recording vocals, making cinematic beats and mastering albums, my day job was managing advanced technology systems for many years at companies such as Sun Microsystems and Audiohighway.com (remember them?!). You all see the music industry changing, becoming more integrated with technology, and EMPIRE is the fated culmination of my invaluable experiences and expert knowledges, and it couldn't have come at a better time! I've single-handedly created an advanced and easy-to-use digital system to put the power back into the hands of the artists and independent labels while spreading amazing music to our hungry listeners.

While EMPIRE is designed from my knowledge and experience, it is driven by personal relationships - relationships with all of you. Your trust is absolutely a top priority for me and I hope I've shown you good business through a mutual respect for each other’s talents, gifts and drive. Shout out to our current clients - from Too $hort to The Foreign Exchange to Mickey Hart (of The Grateful Dead) to J Boog!

I’m here, I’ve been here, I will always be here to align your amazing work in positions to succeed!

Let's continue to move towards our dreams together and please take 2 minutes to nominate me for Billboard's 40 under 40

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/record-labels/billboard-s-40-under-40-cast-your-nominations-1006939152.story

To make it easier, here's the formal info you would need to nominate me:
NAME: Ghazi Shami
TITLE: CEO
COMPANY NAME: EMPIRE Distribution
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Digital Distribution
EMAIL ADDRESS: ghazi[USER=74786]@EMPIRE[/USER]distribution.com
TWITTER HANDLE: markell @markell lla
PHONE NUMBER: 415.489.0871
Description: that's where you come in! thank you, again.

Nov 17, 2010
you got my vote......shout out to Ghazi Shami an
EMPIRE Distribution GARY HAWKINS "TEDDY BEAR MUSIC VOL.1" DROPPIN ON ITUNE'S VERY SOON

Nov 17, 2010
Thank you for your submission. Those selected for our 40 Under 40 report will be contacted by Billboard prior to publication.

This report will be published in the Billboard issue of Aug. 11, 2012.

EVERY BODY NEED TO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUCH PROPS TO Ghazi Shami an
EMPIRE Distribution