Philthy Rich - Free JBay

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 5, 2013
Free J Bay, when in like 30 years? He will be damn near 50 when he gets out. Condolences to Phil, nobody feels good when fam has to sit down that long. The young man was movin carelessly though so it's no wonder he's where he is. It's a lifestyle though, he got caught up and slipped and catered to his ego. Painful lesson but hopefully he makes the most of his time.

May 22, 2006
Philthy music doesn’t get a lot of love here but I fux with Philthys music. To me he has about 3-4 good songs each album and this is one of em.

May 9, 2002
That title track is about as saucy as it get... we need Y @young lou to speak on it! Lotta Detroit love sprinkled throughout the album.

Jan 29, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Its obvious that this JBay character couldn't shake the allure of street life, as most street niggaz can't. Now he has to sit down and do his time, as would anyone else in his position. Can't say I feel the least bit sorry for him. Maybe he should've thought of his son before he decided to do whatever it was that he did.

We all have that little voice in our head that tells us that maybe, just maybe we shouldn't do certain shit. Its called a conscience. I feel bad for his son and his loved ones, but that's as far as that goes.

His little iron vacation will give him plenty time to think about his actions and how he could possibly move a little differently once he gets released.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
Y’all always gotta be technical about the shit. I fuck w Philthy at the end of the day a lot of street music has a lot more to do with whether you think he’s the best lyricist the shit just be about storytelling from your side of your town. I feel like people understand that but don’t look at it in the right context. He’s saying free j bay he’s not saying you should say that shit . You’d prolly say the same for your brother. Good or bad.There’s just a lot of different sub cultures of rap now that don’t meet every parameter for hip hop and I’m comfortable w that. Art changes with time good bad or neutral..you look back in history people been getting killed over art.so when someone gets shot over rap..it’s really nothing new.. just a different expression of art and the same issue that happened for hundreds of years.

Off topic, I was looking at a philthy rich billboard for ‘sem god’ on 27th and mlk in the town (west) and you can’t help but notice right underneath it, there’s a tent city full of homeless people..it’s slmost weird to see someone holding all these diamond and white gold (platinum?) chains on the billboard, with people living on the street right underneath it in tents. Crazy , but in reality, it may also serve as inspiration to get out of that situation and strive for something better.

Last edited: