Pac Birthday Celebration 2night- 4tay, Ray Luv, Mall, Spice 1....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 21, 2009
was just listening to hardknock they held it down for pac they also got digital underground doin somethin saturday at yoshi's

Nov 15, 2005
^^^Yes days of a criminal. I have that track from a while ago so it wasn't new to me. I thought the party was a little disappointing and dope at the same time. I got there around 10:30 pm. They didn't go on stage till around 12:15 am. Spice 1 didn't show up (super bummed about that), Ray Luv performed 2 tracks (he didn't even perform "Last Night" or "Defintion Of A Hustla"), Mac Mall only performed 3 tracks "Ghetto Theme", "Sic Wit Tis", and "My Opinion" (he could've done "Let's Get A Telly", "Get Right", and/or "Wide Open". I thought they were gonna perform "All About My Fetti" and/or "Got To Survive" even though Young Lay wasn't there) and Rapping 4-Tay performed most of his hits including his verse off of "Only God Can Judge Me". When they announced 51.50 was in the house I thought they were gonna perform their songs not just play a 2pac track. Baldhead Rick and Big Draws from 2/11 was in the building as well. I got footage. It didn't come out well but it works. I think the digital underground show will be really dope considering they'll start on time and everyone will show up. I still had fun at the Mezzanine though. It was Mac Mall's birthday that night as well.

Nov 15, 2005
^^I still would've gone just on the strength of the artists that were scheduled to perform. I thought that was cool they included Tupac. If they left Tupac out and said it was a Mac Mall birthday party (which it was) I still would've been interested. These guys knew Tupac for real and grew up with him. I felt it was appropriate they celebrated Pac's birthday considering their history with him. I thought it was interesting though they waited all these years to finally celebrate Tupac publicly (maybe they did in the past privately or invite only type of thing). I remember last year for Tupac's 40th birthday Rick Ross had a birthday party for Tupac. Afeni Shakur and Jasmine Guy showed up, Erykah Badu was hosting (I wasn't there. I think it was in ATL. Google it if you want to read more about it). After the party went down Mac Mall voiced his opinion about how's Rick (a known C. O.) gonna throw a party for Pac when he didn't know him (I remember Mall said Tupac would not get down with a C. O.) and Mac Mall didn't like the "Tupac Back" song at all and was appalled that Rick created that song and the industry was ok with it. He was surprised The Outlawz (and other artists close to Pac) didn't speak up (as a matter of fact Rick Ross did a remix to that song with The Outlawz). I was thinking maybe Mall threw this party for Pac in spite of Rick's 40th Tupac celebration. I could be wrong about this. I'm thinking that since the black panther party are involved in this Saturday's digital underground Tupac birthday celebration there's a chance Afeni might show up to that (and other Tupac family members). I was thinking there's a slight chance she would've shown up to Mac Mall's party but she didn't (as far as I know). I doubt Mac Mall and the other artists made any real/big money at that party... especially off of Pac's name.

Jul 6, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I feel the same way, If the cats who were actually close to him or at least his folks like Richie Rich, Ray Luv, Mac Mall, 4tay E-40 & so on I'd see that as an honest tribute to the hommie. Especially if done right where they could maybe show his videos for his songs they play that night. There's plenty of em bein that there's 50 official videos with Pac in em! lol. Or some slideshows/video clips while they play the non singles like Days Of A Criminal & shit.

Nov 15, 2005
^^They were playing Pac documentaries during the party. I recognized "Thug Immortal". Not sure about which other docs were playing.

Nov 15, 2005
I think I figured out why the east bay gangsta didn't show up... Based on his twitter feed it looks like he was in NYC at Ice T's movie premiere for his new rap documentary "The Art Of Rap" that released today in select cities/theaters. Spice 1 posted a couple pics of himself at the premiere performing. The doc looks ill. It reminds me of "Rhyme and Reason" and "The Show" from the '90's.