old school No Limit Records ?'s

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
That Dangerous Dame CD is one of the most awful things I've ever heard. I bought that crap for a dollar and still felt like I got ripped off. I also bought Tre-8 for a dollar and I think I sold them both for like 40-65 bucks each.
Why's that? I thought Escape From A Mental Ward was a hidden gem..

Maybe his lyrics were too much for you..

I think he was ahead of his time with his lyrics... that album still dope..

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Why's that? I thought Escape From A Mental Ward was a hidden gem..

Maybe his lyrics were too much for you..

I think he was ahead of his time with his lyrics... that album still dope..
lyrics were too much for me how? If you're implying that he was so lyrically gifted that I couldn't understand them, that's preposterous. I just felt like it didn't compare to the other NL releases in that time frame at all. I sold that cd to someone for quite a bit more than I bought it for because it was super rare if I remember correctly though so at least I had that going for me.

I also bought Tre 8's cd for a dollar and sold it for $60. I thought it also sucked though.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
of course - "Gangstafied" is in the Top 10 NL songs of all time definitely. 7 Sins as an album to me wasn't the best. i liked "Am I My Brother's Keeper" more.
The overall quality was quite a bit better on AIMBK but I liked 7 Sins way more. I thought the production was really nice and they were gritty as hell on that first album. Gangstafied, Black Jesus, Git'n Paid, Abortion, Between Us, and Jealous Again are incredible and some of my favorites from the entire NL catalog.

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
^^sadly that album wasnt that great and went way under the radar anyway during the 98 takeover..i think if his album dropped in 95/96 he would of got the recognition he deserved...
big ed's verses on true were on point. probably the dopest rapping out of the NL camp in my opinion. its too bad he never got to drop an album then.

ispeakthetruth

Jul 27, 2008
It wasn't P's job to hold the hands of grown ass niggas. How many of them Cali rappers and New Orleans rappers ended up making bad moves, using drugs, going to jail and all that. If you got put on a compilation or had an album on No Limit back in the day, you should have parlayed that into something for yourself other than bragging rights or an opportunity to talk shit about P in the future.In every interview Master P was hailed by E-40 who kept it 100 w/em. Brotha Lynch always said P cashed him out. West coast Bad boyz 2, westcoast bad boyz 3, mr serv-on, shit lynch even sold P beats but I dont know if we ever heard them, or they changed the credits. etc... Look at 4tay, he got the intro to make em say ughh, and other stuff. these guys were on platinum albums. even Jt the bigga figga was on west coast bad boyz 3 "Universal records". He put people in good positions, they just didnt wanna help themselves.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
This brings back memories. I was not a No Limit fan back in the day, but I interviewed most of them on their tour with Snoop back in 98. Magic, Fiend, C-Murder, Sylk, Kane & Abel, and of course Snoop and Bad Azz. Even met Snoop's wife. Was my first time doing an interview, so I was hella nervous and forgot what I wanted to ask and shit. They were all pretty coo thoughl. Especially C-Murder and Magic.

I hated Snoops first No Limit album except for like one song, so I asked him why he chose those beats etc., as it wasn't his style at all, and he said he joined No Limit and did the album for the label basically. Sounded like he didn't like it himself. When Top Dogg dropped I knew he was back in control.

Show was awesome until a kid got stabbed and the police shut it down. Was close to the end though. Snoop had the crowd throwing joints on the stage that he smoked and shit.

Cool story, breh...

May 7, 2002
This brings back memories. I was not a No Limit fan back in the day, but I interviewed most of them on their tour with Snoop back in 98. Magic, Fiend, C-Murder, Sylk, Kane & Abel, and of course Snoop and Bad Azz. Even met Snoop's wife. Was my first time doing an interview, so I was hella nervous and forgot what I wanted to ask and shit. They were all pretty coo thoughl. Especially C-Murder and Magic.

I hated Snoops first No Limit album except for like one song, so I asked him why he chose those beats etc., as it wasn't his style at all, and he said he joined No Limit and did the album for the label basically. Sounded like he didn't like it himself. When Top Dogg dropped I knew he was back in control.

Show was awesome until a kid got stabbed and the police shut it down. Was close to the end though. Snoop had the crowd throwing joints on the stage that he smoked and shit.

Cool story, breh...

Do you have the footage??