old school No Limit Records ?'s

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
shit, I even feel that Snoop dropped SOME of his best shit on No Limit, unbelievably.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdPZxG_tCIQ[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vaOEDp15Po[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jbr-hlLmvU[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2gPY8gECDU[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIH-WcD_ktw[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA-SBgCgc0s[/video]

To me, 98% of that "Top Dogg" album went hard as fuck.

Feb 14, 2004
i know concentration camp wasnt no limit but they had a dope cd about that time reminded me of no limit
i remember i bought concentration camp

the same day i bought a cd from Assassin Armed-N-Dangerous
cuz it said it featured xraided

it didnt feature xraided but one of the dopest cds i ever heard

off topic i know:knockout:

nvr heard of assassin before then

Last edited:

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
shit, I even feel that Snoop dropped SOME of his best shit on No Limit, unbelievably.
Da Game Is To Be Sold was the best No Limit album in the late 90s No Limit style. They gave him the best beats they had at the time.

I never understood why people don't like that album - yes, it's a disappointment if one was looking for a G-Funk album, but it was a great New Orleans album.

And then he more than made up for that with No Limit Top Dogg

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2003
i just bought that full blooded album for like $2 and was listening to it. Most people think that it sucks but it isnt that bad. If it would of dropped in 96 or 97 instead of like 99 and had the soldiers on there it would have been cool. That murder weapon song by him off down south hustlers slaps.
That Hounds from Gert-town track was dope ass fuck.... one of my favorite tracks from that comp

Apr 20, 2003
The tightest out of No Limit was Soulja Slim, Mac and Young Bleed.

I used to buy all of that shit until like 1998 or 1999
Soulja Slim aka Magnolia Slim was my favorite out of all the No Limit Artists..... Kane & Abel were dope as well as D.I.G, too bad he didn't put out an album!

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Snopp dogg dropped probally one of his worst albums ever on no limit though imo: I disagree that it was there best, I was highly disappoint with the first one.

Was to much hit and miss.

all the ones after his first one was really good though.
The ones he has been dropping in the last few years have most definitely not been better than Da Game Is To Be Sold.

And you will not see me defending the position that that album contains nothing but bangers - it doesn't. But that was a common feature of No Limit albums at the time - a few good songs and a lot of filler. That's just a normal consequences of doing all production in-house and completing 20-track albums in 2-3 weeks. You can't expect the same few people to come up with 400 great beats within an year, even 808 Mafia with all the acceleration that the process has been given by the digital era have not done that.

Da Game Is To Be Sold just had the least filler and the most good tracks, that's why I said it's their best album of that era. It's not their best album ever, that honor goes The Ghetto's Trying To Kill Me.

May 16, 2002
Snoop Dogg's No Limit Top Dogg album was actually the first album on No Limit Records to step outside of the repetitive fake looking covers & production that label was known for. It was a No Limit album, but was strictly West Coast.

It also introduced Xzibit to the mainstream. Having been an Xzibit fan prior (At The Speed of Life & 40 Dayz & 40 Nights) I to this day feel Snoop had no business on that track, "Bitch Please." Xzibit outshines Snoop hard & on part II on Eminem's, The Marshall Mathers L.P. Snoop again gets out shined by the features on that track.

Apr 25, 2002
It's not their best album ever, that honor goes The Ghetto's Trying To Kill Me.
better than TRU - "True" or shit, even "Ice Cream Man" (if we're comparing apples to apples)? i understand that opinions are subjective, however i think most No Limit fans would not consider that to be the best of all time.

EDIT: fuck it heres a quick top 10:

1) TRU - True
2) Master P - Ghetto D
3) West Coast Bad Boyz 1
4) Master P - Ice Cream Man
5) I'm Bout It Soundtrack
6) Silkk The Shocker - Charge It To The Game
7) Master P - The Ghetto's Trying To Kill Me!
8) Silkk - The Shocker
9) Snoop Dogg - No Limit Top Dogg
10) Mystikal - Unpredictable

Honorable Mentions: Fiend - There's One In Every Family, WCBB 2, Mr. Serv-On - Life Insurance

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
and one group i forgot to mention is CCG from KC. even thought they're not from the bay, they would've had a damn good album on No Limit, i think, if they ever went through with a deal. they were supposed to put out an album on No Limit back around 95, but i don't know what happened.

they put out an album on King George's label right before No Limit realy realy blew up. it sounded like shit. recording and mixing was some of the worst independant shit i ever heard, back when it cost a lot of money to actually manufacture and produce a copy of an album. King George shoulda helped them cats a little bit more with over all production. im sure his experience with all the earlier No Limit shit woulda worked wonders. his label coulda had a gem. if they dropped on No Limit when they was suppose to, Master P woulda had them cats sounding serious. if P woulda kept them around when No Limit was a hip hop house hold name, them cats woulda been one of his biggest acts. especially with the Beats by the Pound sound No Limit later established.

this is probably there best track on 100% Game. probably the best sound quality track too. decent album, but you'd probably have to realy like CCG% to have some kind of appreciation.