old school No Limit Records ?'s

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 26, 2005
And MAN, the one question that always eats at me is - what would a Big Ed solo album have sounded like if it dropped right after the TRU - "True" album. Man!
that probably would've been a classic. i also wish Silk dropped an album around 94 or 95 when he was still doing that smooth bay area shit. although "The Shocker" album is a classic. that's when he was just starting to change his style.

IMO, No Limit between 93-96 dropped some of the best albums ever.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I was a huge no limit fan back in the day.

lol @ master p never being that bad of a rapper, really? He was one of my favorites but listen to his lyrics from mama's bad boy - 99 ways to die, he was terrible as a rapper. I remember reading an interview with K-Lou in Murder Dog and he said that Master P just freestyled everything, which would actually make a lot of sense because it wasn't very good.

He should've signed C-Bo. How we break bread is one of P and Bo's best songs to me

I wish he would've worked more with Jt The Bigga Figga too, they showed a lot of love to each other back in the day.

That Dangerous Dame CD is one of the most awful things I've ever heard. I bought that crap for a dollar and still felt like I got ripped off. I also bought Tre-8 for a dollar and I think I sold them both for like 40-65 bucks each.

I didn't realize til the other day, C- Murder was a bootleg 2 Pac. Didn't realize how much he ripped off his style from Pac

Jun 26, 2005
lol @ master p never being that bad of a rapper, really? He was one of my favorites but listen to his lyrics from mama's bad boy - 99 ways to die, he was terrible as a rapper.
what?? "The Ghetto's Tryin To Kill Me" from 94 is a classic album. 94 and 95, he was at his absolute best IMO. same thing with Tre-8 "Ghetto Stories". that's a classic too.

and one group i forgot to mention is CCG from KC. even thought they're not from the bay, they would've had a damn good album on No Limit, i think, if they ever went through with a deal. they were supposed to put out an album on No Limit back around 95, but i don't know what happened.

Apr 3, 2010
i just bought that full blooded album for like $2 and was listening to it. Most people think that it sucks but it isnt that bad. If it would of dropped in 96 or 97 instead of like 99 and had the soldiers on there it would have been cool. That murder weapon song by him off down south hustlers slaps.

I always thought a big ed or c murder album from around 95 would have been incredible. C murder didnt really do that much til like 97 he was only on a couple songs on true

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
props on this thread, had to download that West Coast Bad Boys and
Foolish soundtrack again, that was my shit along with Ice Cream Man.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2010
yeah that was a pretty good song. i don't know if you know or not, but that group actually put an out a cd 2 years earlier, in 93, under their old name EXD (Extremely Deadly). it was an EP called "No Elevation".
I didnt know that, but most of the No Limit artists were big underground first. Like Kane & Abel were Double Vision, and Krazy was in Murder Inc. and Mac was in some group I think called Psychoward. I think most people think the no limit rappers were just Master P's friends