NEW - 2Pac - Ghetto Gospel (Remix) Produced by Mike Mosley and Versatyle

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 26, 2003
www.versatylebeats.com
http://rapidshare.de/files/1436774/Ghetto_Gospel__Remix_.mp3.html

Yo Mike Mosley and I just finished production on this remix of 2Pac's "Ghetto Gospel". It will be on the Tupac "The Way He Wanted It" mixtape. Let me know what ya'll think of the production!

Download Instructions:
1) http://rapidshare.de/files/1436774/Ghetto_Gospel__Remix_.mp3.html
2) Click on the link above
3) Select Download Free
4) Wait 30 seconds until the reserve ticket is confirmed.
5) Click and the file and download it!

Versatyle Notable Work Credits:
The Game , Fabolous, Yukmouth, Kurupt, San Quinn, Celly Cel, Rappin 4-Tay, Mike Mosley, M.C. Hammer, Mixt-Up, The Mossie, Turf Talk, JayTee, Mr. Stres of The Federation, Gemini, Young Dru, Nasty Nate, South Central Cartel, Smigg Dirtee, Irocc, Assassin, Hollow Tip , Clyde Carson of The Team , A-Wax, Left of The Frontline, Grand Skeme, and Papa Quis to name a few.

231 Marketplace #139
San Ramon, CA 94583
[email protected]
http://www.versatylebeats.com (Beats)
http://www.way2vicious.com (Label)
http://www.cdbaby.com/grandskeme (Artist)
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2901369

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I'm not feelin this at all pimpin. I've heard your production/composing before and you have SLAPS but this beat is NOT working. Thats all I'm gonna say about the beat. I'm not feeling the mix either.

Why do you guys have the vocals panned hard left and right like that? Why not bring them in and lower one or tighten them a little bit (timewise) with Vocalign? Bring them closer to the middle to about 11 and 1 (with 12 being the middle) if you want them panned. The clap riding through the verse has a chorus effect (or a delay less than 30ms)? It sounds like it's coming from the left and right also. I don't know if thats what you're going for but personally I wouldnt have done that.

These are things I would change in the song and this is one persons form of constructive criticism. Nothing more.

Peace and god bless.

:hgk:

ps "GOD" NEVER said he would "help those who help themselves". It can't be found in any scriptures (apocrypha, vulgate,textus,torah etc etc etc) because Ben Franklin made it up in 1736.

Oct 26, 2003
www.versatylebeats.com
Nasa thanks for the feedback bro. Glad you felt it.

HERESY said:
Why do you guys have the vocals panned hard left and right like that? Why not bring them in and lower one or tighten them a little bit (timewise) with Vocalign? Bring them closer to the middle to about 11 and 1 (with 12 being the middle) if you want them panned.

ps "GOD" NEVER said he would "help those who help themselves". It can't be found in any scriptures (apocrypha, vulgate,textus,torah etc etc etc) because Ben Franklin made it up in 1736.
Thanks for taking the time to disect the track and getting real technical with it. Mike Mosley and I are always willing to learn new things especially from someone so experienced as yourself. The vocals were given to us panned. Personally, I don't usually pan the verses out like that. You have to work with what you got and we didn't like how it sounded in mono, so we decided not to tweak the pan pot. And as far as the clap goes, you're looking into it too much homie, there isn't anything scientific to a clap sample that's already edited. I'm just curious, what artists' projects have you mixed?

PressPlay
Yeah, the vocals were given to us like that. It's too bad you weren't feeling. It's all to the good. We gonna keep it movin.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
yo versatyle u already know i'm your biggest fan, but this track is off the hook. i love the beat and production is on point. i know how hard it is to put together a track around the vocals, but i would assume its twice as hard building them around the greatest of all time. i love the track and i think its better than anything off loyal 2 the game. hats off to you and mike for makin a sick as track... pimp loves that shit... make another one asap...

Oct 26, 2003
www.versatylebeats.com
Maniac, good lookin out folx. I appreciate the feedback. We glad you liked it homie. Yeah, I'm gonna have some monster slaps on Young Dru's next one fasho.

Pimp,
Good lookin out. It's a little harder building tracks around acapellas but we were able to do what we did with it. You know the slaps will keep coming. Thanks for all the feedback and support.

Pressplay,
I appreciate your honesty dog. That's the only to improve is by taking in criticism and using it to motivate you. Good lookin out.

Versatyle

Dec 7, 2004
That track is off the chain! You shittin on the Eminem version of it on "Loyal To The Game". Man you got some sick shit Vers. Man I'm a get at you for a slap like that. I'm definitely have to cop that cd just for that track. Them claps was monsters. Where do you get your sounds?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
@versatyle To answer your question I just finished some more work for CAPCOM and did assnt engineering work here:

http://www.sfsoundworks.com/

for a group called NUTT-N Nice. The album features Turf Talk and Kinsmoke (members of The Federation). I mixed some of the tracks at my spot also. I have a song on the radio that I mixed and you can find it on dj backsides new mixtape (the one hosted by e 40) and on the turf tape vol 1 mixtape (www.95live.com). Top kat "IT DONT STOP". The song is UNMASTERED and still getting spins on kmel and some other bay station (just heard it the other day).

If you want a more detailed list I can hit you on the PM and provide you with a list of corporations I've done work for during the last 3 years. I prefer to work with them. The pay is excellent and I dont have to worry about rappers telling me to "put more echo on that".

Back to your problem. You said the vocals came to you like that? You can pan stereo material in cubase and pro tools. It sounds like you have two mono signals exported to a stereo pair and if thats the case you CAN pan them. My only suggestions at this point (since you dont wanna change anything) is to check the mix in MONO for any cancelation. Panning the track (which you can do) will effect the summing law your application uses. I'm sure you already knew about that and the power (not volume) change so if you guys are happy with it roll with it. :cool:

In reference to the clap no it doesnt take a rocket scientist to add an effect to it but I usually don't hear claps coming out the speakers like that.

BTW hows Mike Mosley doing? My sister Dot introduced her son Goldie (Federation) to him a looooooooong time ago. I met mike once through Red Dog (Keith Napier) like 6 or 7 years ago when I was interning and promoting with Keith. Damn what album was that...oh yeah it was T.Q.'s album. Did he do most of the production/composing on that one or did Feme' do most of it? I can't remember I sorta have bad memory.

be cool much success to you and your project.

ps as I said before my comments were CONSTRUCTIVE. One mans opinion does NOT stop the show.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
HERESY said:
@versatyle To answer your question I just finished some more work for CAPCOM and did assnt engineering work here:

http://www.sfsoundworks.com/

ps as I said before my comments were CONSTRUCTIVE. One mans opinion does NOT stop the show.
yo, you know ya shit for sure. i wish i knew all that technical shit. i wanna go to school for that at some point. much props to ya... maybe i dont know all the technical aspects of it, but as a fan, that shit was slappin like a mutha fucka. i played it several times and i gotta say its one of the dopes pac tracks i've heard in years. good lookin out on the track versatyle... shit is fire.

Apr 13, 2005
Versatyle,
You and Mike are beasts for that shit. That song was slappin hard in my stereo. How you get that shit to sound so clean. I don't know wtf heresy was talkin about. Didn't nobody ask that cat to post up his resume for a job posting. Nobody wanna here your life story. Don't let any haters try to tell you and the Bay mobster Mike Mosely how to do your thing. I'll tell you this much, I heard yours and Mike Mosley's music 100 times more then I ever heard of Heresy.

Heresy, we talkin bout music not video games! Stick to the video games.

Heresy,
Thanks for the feedback. I know a thing or two about video game corporations and licensing tracks also. That's just not the direction I'm trying to go in. I too like dealing with corporations but not really too much on the video game side. I would try to go that route if I just wanted some more stability. However, I'm just trying to grind right now and make the best music I can to help me further my career as a producer and label CEO. I'm glad it has worked out for you though. The pay is excellent as an independent producer also, it's not easy though. You just have to have the right team behind you. Mike is doing well, he's got a lot on his plate right now. The TQ album was produced both by Mike and femi on the guitar. I wish you the best of luck at CAPCOM bro.
Versatyle

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
LeftCoast said:
Versatyle,
You and Mike are beasts for that shit. That song was slappin hard in my stereo. How you get that shit to sound so clean. I don't know wtf heresy was talkin about. Didn't nobody ask that cat to post up his resume for a job posting. Nobody wanna here your life story. Don't let any haters try to tell you and the Bay mobster Mike Mosely how to do your thing. I'll tell you this much, I heard yours and Mike Mosley's music 100 times more then I ever heard of Heresy.

You must be one of the dumbest people on this site. You're right you DON'T know what I'm talking about so if I were you I would refrain from speaking on it. I know what I'm talking about and Versatyle wanted honest opinions on the track. I was able to give a more in depth response compared to your "that song was slappin hard how did you get that shit to sound so clean comment". Versatyle has made money at music just like I've made money at music and as I've said before I like his music and my words were offered as constructive criticism. He posted a track asking for feedback I gave him my honest feedback.

No one asked me for a job resume? Here is what Versatyle asked me and I quote:

I'm just curious, what artists' projects have you mixed?
Do you see that Einstein? I was asked a question and so I answered the question accordingly.

Don't let any haters try to tell you and the Bay mobster Mike Mosely how to do your thing.
Hater? Would a hater say:
I've heard your production/composing before and you have SLAPS
Did you read that einstein? Would a hater say that? Would a hater say:
These are things I would change in the song and this is one persons form of constructive criticism. Nothing more.
or how about

be cool much success to you and your project.
Hate would be what YOU'RE doing with YOUR post. I said I wasn't feeling the track and gave an honest explanation on WHY I didn't feel it. If I was ahater I would not have offered any advice to IMPROVE the song....if it needs improving at all.

I'll tell you this much, I heard yours and Mike Mosley's music 100 times more then I ever heard of Heresy
Thats great and I've received more checks from A.S.C.A.P than you'll ever see so what does it matter? My last royalty statement (the one that just came in a couple of weeks ago) was swole. How about yours leftcoast? :hurt:

They paid me a lot of money. How much did they pay you? Capcom pays me...you pay capcom everytime you buy a game. We are talking about music not video games? How do you know I didn't do any music for them? How do you know I didnt compose music for a presentation or music for the capcom booth at the C.E.S? Speaking of music did you miss when I said:

for a group called NUTT-N Nice. The album features Turf Talk and Kinsmoke (members of The Federation). I mixed some of the tracks at my spot also. I have a song on the radio that I mixed and you can find it on dj backsides new mixtape (the one hosted by e 40) and on the turf tape vol 1 mixtape (www.95live.com). Top kat "IT DONT STOP". The song is UNMASTERED and still getting spins on kmel and some other bay station (just heard it the other day).
Did you miss that dummy? Of course you did now shut the fuck up and stay out of grown folks business.

@Versatyle I hope you can discern HATE from Constructive Criticism. As I've said before you have SLAPS but I just wasnt feeling this one.

Be cool people

ps @left coast how much money have you earned from music during the past year? Zero? $0.00?

Heresy,
there's no offense taken here. I know positive criticism when I hear it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions based on their experience, which is what you were doing. I'm man enough to take the positive criticism in and improve when I feel that improvement is needed in those areas. Keep makin that money and good luck again.
Versatyle

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
versatyle said:
Heresy,
Thanks for the feedback. I know a thing or two about video game corporations and licensing tracks also. That's just not the direction I'm trying to go in. I too like dealing with corporations but not really too much on the video game side. I would try to go that route if I just wanted some more stability. However, I'm just trying to grind right now and make the best music I can to help me further my career as a producer and label CEO. I'm glad it has worked out for you though. The pay is excellent as an independent producer also, it's not easy though. You just have to have the right team behind you. Mike is doing well, he's got a lot on his plate right now. The TQ album was produced both by Mike and femi on the guitar. I wish you the best of luck at CAPCOM bro.
Versatyle

Once again I'm glad you understood what angle I was coming from. I was going to send the message pm but I figured your box was full so I didn't bother. Maybe that would have calmed some of the madness that has taken place in this thread. I understand it's not easy as an indie producer. Different rappers, different egos, fools not coming through with the money they owe you but providing the weakest excuses, loosing beats (forgetting to save em) and over all saturation in the area (thanks to kids with fruity loops and a triton or mpc). I heard Mike was coming with 18 albums this year and if thats true he stands to make MILLIONS from the music game. I love it when cats bubble and make skrill at this shit especially when it's a bay cat. Any word on what Feme is doin?

Stay up pimp

Apr 13, 2005
HERESY said:
You must be one of the dumbest people on this site. You're right you DON'T know what I'm talking about so if I were you I would refrain from speaking on it. ....
Calm it down son,
I could sit here and write a book like you did on your last post and go back and forth with you but I don't have the time or the patience. And if you read correctly, he asked what artists' projects not which video game companies "Einstein". That's great that you're doing video games and workin with Nuttn Nice. I hope 95live.com sends you some fat royalty checks for your assistant engineering work. Good luck.
Leftcoast is out this Bitch!