Is Mozzy where HD should have been as far as music success goes?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
HD LOST A LOT OF MOMENTUM WHEN HE FELL OUT WITH LIVEWIRE....ALWAYS MORE RAPPER THAN ENTREPRENEUR.....
The quality hella went down in his releases, finally recently his production has been sounding better.

To answer OP it should have been J-Stalin who was huge just shows how pathetic the lack of support for Bay Area artists are these days.

This dude said to me it wasn't for Jacka dying Mozzy probably wouldn't have got the buzz he did. I myself feel like Jacka had become ambassador of the Bay no disrespect to 40

Lavoz

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2017
Rancho Cordova
Old HD shit is some of my favorite shit to slap ever. Period.

New HD shit is garbage and I don't even give it a listen.

He went from street rap to politics/paranoid from drug abuse/ thinks the government is spying on him etc.. his flow got lazy and his beats got wack. Dude fell off out the cuts.

As for above, jstalin is huge. And mozzy wouldn't be SHIT if it wasn't for lavish D starting beef with livewire. Period point blank. Philthy and them niggas went straight to lavish d's rivals and clicked up with them and got mozzy blown up.

Sep 26, 2008
This dude said to me it wasn't for Jacka dying Mozzy probably wouldn't have got the buzz he did. I myself feel like Jacka had become ambassador of the Bay no disrespect to 40

I feel that 100%!!!! After Jacka died I remember I used to slap his shit on YouTube with the Auto Play on while I was doing shit around the house or cruisin in the whip and after 2 or 3 Jacka songs it always started to auto play Mozzy songs and I would get pissed off like why this shit playin, why he so popular he aint even nice... But after a while it grew on me I could see him imitating Jacka a lil bit with his "Humble Gangsta" type raps that Jacka use to spit. Same with Joe Blow I thought he was a horrible rapper even tho I liked his lyrics... But Mozzy and Joe Blow kinda filled the void after Jacka died and I never liked them at all when Jack was alive

Jan 27, 2006
Bearfaced vs Mozzy records is a good comparison.

I'd pick the HD Bearfaced catalog over Mozzy's any day. Mozzy's voice irritates me. Some Mozzy artists are cool but Bearfaced smacks harder.

It's good to see both artists pushing new artists. Mozzy doing that more than Bearfaced.