MOB MUSIC APPRECIATION THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
I gotta admit I was confused about what mob was before reading this and I felt like posting 4 Deep by Bo, but someone posted it. I mean that's definitely mobb, but I felt like it had to have that hard beat n lyrics like most of Bo's chit. I still would think even tho it ain't gotta be northern Cali, that it would almost sound like it could be regardless of the rapper being from Denver or from wherever they may be from.

45Yr Old Virgin

Franchise War Veteran
Apr 25, 2002
Cuckanada
yourethemannowdog.ytmnd.com
you forgot to mention one drop scott, BC, dr. bumpinstein, not sure which tracks boogieman produced for AWOL. someone posted a track from early no limit so dj daryl had some mobb like beats occasionally. same with coolio

at least to me, mobb beats focuses hard on the bass and synthesizers. the SoCal rappers had the synthesizers but not the same bass. to me they were focused on george clinton or troutman like sound while NorCal was loose ends or midnightstar. i forgot to add, the beat in general was suppose to work well in your ride. the bass was trunk rattler for "mobbin' in the streets".

the latter tracks are detroit producers and i've said it before, they're bringing the sound back.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
at least to me, mobb beats focuses hard on the bass and synthesizers. the SoCal rappers had the synthesizers but not the same bass. to me they were focused on george clinton or troutman like sound while NorCal was loose ends or midnightstar. i forgot to add, the beat in general was suppose to work well in your ride. the bass was trunk rattler for "mobbin' in the streets".

pretty much. the synth bass and/or low end patches were the main sound. Miami/Atlanta shit in the 80's was tailored for the woofers in the trunk, but that Miami/Atlanta shit was more 808. mobb was synth bass and low end patches. lower tempo. what also separated it from Miami bass was the melodic motifs and melodies. synth bass and low end patches that mingled with high end melodic motifs, r&b-ish rhythms. Heat 4 Yo Azz, Black 64, My Opinion, Welcome 2 Your Own Death, Sideways. all different types of mobb beats but the key elements are there. not too much sampling. replays here and there. Kool & The Gang - Get Down On It was a funk song. strip it the fuck down and utilize a low ass end patch, add a high motif and you got X-Raided - Body Count. Body Counts mobb as fuck. and funkier than Get Down On It.