messy marv - da new frank lucas mixtape

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
does anybody in here really refer to him as "boy boy young mess" ?

fuck that shit

and once again... if he's not putting out songs that sound like this... i'm NOT trying to hear it.. and neither are 97% of his original fan base
[video=youtube;X5e16MUj_kE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5e16MUj_kE[/video]

::
I know most people think he was at his best around 2003-2005 but IMO his best albums came before that - between Explosive Mode and Turf Thuggin, especially when he had mostly laid back beats.

He has seriously sucked lately, but this one is actually really tight - he doesn't have anything to say and his voice isn't what it used to be, but the beats slap and it sounds quite good overall.

May 2, 2002
They both snitched right???????????
Apparently they did. I knew Nicky Barnes did. Wasn't sure about Frank Lucas. I didn't think he was in Witness Protection too. I guess it makes sense, seein' as how in American Gangster, Frank Lucas (Denzel Washington) cooperated with Det. Richie Roberts (Russell Crowe). How much of American Gangster was accurate though? For all we know, they could've left some shit out. I mean it is Hollywood, and there's almost always some sort of controversy when a film is released.

Oct 31, 2007
Apparently they did. I knew Nicky Barnes did. Wasn't sure about Frank Lucas. I didn't think he was in Witness Protection too. I guess it makes sense, seein' as how in American Gangster, Frank Lucas (Denzel Washington) cooperated with Det. Richie Roberts (Russell Crowe). How much of American Gangster was accurate though? For all we know, they could've left some shit out. I mean it is Hollywood, and there's almost always some sort of controversy when a film is released.

yea thats right from what I heard Frank Lucas never took that trip to talk to the connect that was all handled by Ike Atkinson his cousin in the movie. but hey hollywood gotta put they spin on shit.

Apr 25, 2002
This is about the closest to a sequel to Bandanas that we're gonna get. Mess really went back to that sound on this one. It's nowhere near as polished (hence it being called a mixtape) but it is definitely dope. His producer Benz or Biz (anyone know his name?) came with some really dope mobbish tracks.

May 16, 2002
LOL! @ those of you questioning if Frank Lucas was a snitch. It's 2012 not 2005 fellas. Just because Mess titled his mixtape LOL! If you guy's could step outside the box & read what you guy's are questioning on this thread you'd see how stupid it looks.

Rappers title their mixtapes / albums after movies & use snippets off movies as well. So let me ask you this, if they take a quote from the movie American Gangster it automatically tarnishes the whole album because of how the movie ends? LOL!!!!!! WOW!!!!

So are those of you who are questioning this matter obviously watched the movie American Gangster. So you took the time to watch a movie about a "snitch?" I'm sure you all glorify Goodfellas, another movie about a "snitch."

It's a fuckin' title, get over it. It's not like he's straight out calling himself gay & walking to the bank with it while you hate.

Let it go, enjoy the music for what it is & keep it moving.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
the point isnt that frank lucas snitched the point is that the bitch had him photoed by the detecs in that monkey ass coat

"most empires are ruined by women"

i was screaming no at the theater that entire part of the movie

i think the point of that is that you stay under radar when you start getting on the radar

and you definitely dont listen to your bitch about chess moves like what you wear to high profile boxing matches

if hes talking about the part with the coat thats before he turned over lol and hes quoting the movie, so i dont think the snitch shit is even viable because that coulda been added in the movie as a plot twist and not exactly how it happened even if it was the shits funny to go in the future

i take it at 'frank lucas, before frank lucas started slippin'