Go Back   The Siccness Network > >

B.A.R.T. The OG Bay Area Rap Talk Boards

User Tag List

Old 01-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #41
StillHustlin
FROM DUSK TIL DAWN

Propped 6,125 Times in 2,855 Posts
I don't think you understand what the term circumstantial means lol

And you act as if he single handedly won 5 rings..... O'Neal for 3, Gasol Bynum Odom for 2.... who else was on those squads..... I'll let you tell it

This a team sport at the end of the day and Jordan v Kobe numbers don't lie, Jordans were better forget your what ifs...

Last edited by StillHustlin; 01-11-2017 at 12:56 PM.
StillHustlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To StillHustlin:
Old 01-11-2017, 02:51 PM   #42
Rasan
Producer

Location: Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California, West Coast
Propped 14,763 Times in 4,067 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Face-Me View Post
See, this is my point... media and marketing would have u thinkin MJ was the definitive goat. But purists know that he's just one of the greats amongst the other greats. The brand has propelled him to that status. Kobe never got there because of Colorado. Never got the same push or "golden child" treatment by David Stern, the media, advertisers, etc.
Take away the media hype which I agree the mj had, you still can't deny that mj is better than kobe. Kobe had media bias too. His retirement tour is a great example. And him and the rape charge rarely gets spoken about these days.
The thing that separates Kobe from mj is that mj never quit on his teammates during a game. Kobe had done this repeatedly where if the ball is not in his hands enough times he will emotinally shut down. Just my two cents
Old 01-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #43
drunkaholic707
FUCK LA

Propped 31,770 Times in 15,969 Posts
he also cried twice to be traded fuck hobe
Old 01-11-2017, 09:40 PM   #44
Face-Me
Sicc OG

Propped 661 Times in 362 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Rasan View Post
Take away the media hype which I agree the mj had, you still can't deny that mj is better than kobe. Kobe had media bias too. His retirement tour is a great example. And him and the rape charge rarely gets spoken about these days.
The thing that separates Kobe from mj is that mj never quit on his teammates during a game. Kobe had done this repeatedly where if the ball is not in his hands enough times he will emotinally shut down. Just my two cents
It's not about the rape trial being brought up, it was that once it happened, it killed any chances of Kobe being marketed in the same fashion as MJ.....sure, Kobe was marketed, as well. But not even close to the same level as MJ. The retirement tour was great, but even then, did you know the NBA decided to bump Kobe's last game off ESPN to replace it with Golden State chasing the 73 game win record? They woulda never did that to MJ.....it's jus not the same homie. and as far as Kobe quitting on his team, thats straight BS. Another media driven narrative....thats the thing about the media. theres a gang of Kobe haters in it...even Scoop Jackson of espn admitted that a good portion of the staff members at espn were kobe hating/lebron loving frat boys......and these are the folks paid to shape the minds of the general public. MJ never had to "quit" on his team, because he wasn't stuck with teams that featured Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Luke Walton as starters in the midst of his prime. Instead, MJ had Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, who were a 50+ win team even the year MJ retired. The circumstances are not the same....MJ never even scored 70, let alone 80. Kobe has the record for consecutive 50+ point games. Kobe, at his best, was simply the more skilled player.....Just less glorified.
Face-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:43 PM   #45
Face-Me
Sicc OG

Propped 661 Times in 362 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by StillHustlin View Post
I don't think you understand what the term circumstantial means lol

And you act as if he single handedly won 5 rings..... O'Neal for 3, Gasol Bynum Odom for 2.... who else was on those squads..... I'll let you tell it

This a team sport at the end of the day and Jordan v Kobe numbers don't lie, Jordans were better forget your what ifs...
I understand exactly what it means...it means that if Kobe were in MJ's shoes and had Pippen as a right hand man for his entire prime, he'd have 8+ titles.

Gasol was Kobe's right hand man lmao....not even close to Pippen. Bynum was always injured and Odom not even an all-star once in his career.....thats what you guna come with bruh?

Wilt's numbers were better than Jordan.....numbers don't mean shit unless you factor in circumstances. foh.
Face-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:40 PM   #46
Banned!OuijaBoard
Banned

Propped 1,415 Times in 792 Posts
Talking

you can't make an omlette without breaking some eggs!
OuijaBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:49 PM   #47
clutch city kid
Sicc OG

Propped 375 Times in 237 Posts
LMFAO
clutch city kid is offline   Reply With Quote