KHAYREE INTERVIEW WIT MAC MALL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 22, 2011
Mall was a little annoying cutting him off should of just let him speak looked like he had more details of the stories he was telling but mall kept cutting him off it was cool that mall would bring up the topic but should of let him just talk. Tight tho.

Apr 25, 2002
FYI, the Khayree interview comes up at 1:03:33 and runs for about an hour and a half (you can change the speed on YouTube to 1.25x or 1.5x to get through it quicker if you want, but keep in mind that he plays the guitar a couple times in the interview and you might want that at normal speed.)

Lot of great stories in the interview, Khayree revealed that he wanted a "Mac Mall killer" after Mall signed with Relativity, they talked about Frisco rappers reactions when out of towners came to their city (verifying Cougnut's third verse of "Tell Me Something Good",) hearing Mac Dre for the first time at the Hogan High talent show, details about how they recorded Dre's songs from Lompoc, getting Dre's first video made and a lot more. Mall's a better rapper than interviewer, but he gets the job done. Worth a listen if you were ever a fan of SBR/YBBR.

SF TRAXX

Composer / Producer
Khayree is prob one of my most fav producers ever.

During the interview he said something I totally agree with. He said (paraphrasing here) that the artist would rap over a kick and snare and then he'd fill in the beat later.

Some of the better tracks I've done went down like that.

I prefer to work like that. So I can build the beat to fit the track.

As a matter of fact, I added the cuts of the old records in this track:

after I got the vocals back from fresh.

Once I got the vibe from the lyrics - It was over.

For me, that's one of the many talents a producer has.

He's able to craft music to the vocals to build a vibe.

--

On a side note, the production on the Dubee Sugawolf album is one of my favs.

In the video he says "my thang" took 2 weeks to put together. I believe it.

Its an awesome track.

:siccness:

Aug 7, 2012
Yeah agree with all u guys said pure dope, especially after hearing Kahyree don't do interviews,maybe sicness has a shot to get an interview. Love hearing BAY Legends telling stories of the good ol' days Mall and mista Fab stepping it up on the bay interviews we gotta be our own outlet for Bayarea hip hop media