How this Mac Dre+Snoop track come about?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
Slightly off topic, but I got a homie who's bro is a producer for the SCC and other Los Angeles artists... he's also real cool with Spice 1 and Snoop, so he got hella rare unreleased songs by em that aint leaked... my homie say he heard an unleaked song with Snoop and Coolio.

Sep 25, 2014
In get stupid, im pretty sure he said "doctor dreg did it"? As in Dreagan, Ronald Dreagan. In the Gift dvd interview, he said he hasnt worked with Dr. Dre yet because he hasnt reached that plateau in his career. In that interview he looked very similar to how he looked right before he passed. As for the Snoop song, it sounds like Playboy W bought a Snoop verse. He also bought at least 3 Dre verses. One being said verse, and the other two being "State of the Art" and "Secret Fantasies aka Trill Shit"
but wasnt the original was only snoop and mac dre?

Sep 25, 2014
Slightly off topic, but I got a homie who's bro is a producer for the SCC and other Los Angeles artists... he's also real cool with Spice 1 and Snoop, so he got hella rare unreleased songs by em that aint leaked... my homie say he heard an unleaked song with Snoop and Coolio.
ask him if u can borrow em real quick n hook it up

Dec 19, 2008
North Sac
but wasnt the original was only snoop and mac dre?
I dont think so. Im pretty sure Playboy W just used two different beats for those verses. I have heard both versions and both have Playboy W on them. They just cut his verse off for the All Star Tribute album. Im sure him and Dre worked together in the studio because Dre did 3 verses for him. As for snoops verse, he more than likely bought it and thought it would be a good idea to put dre and snoop on a song to boost sales. If you listen closely theres no chemistry between dre and snoop and they both just spit generic verses, if that makes sense.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
How is this only slightly off topic?

As for the beat, Mac Dre and gov did it.

Sep 25, 2014
I dont think so. Im pretty sure Playboy W just used two different beats for those verses. I have heard both versions and both have Playboy W on them. They just cut his verse off for the All Star Tribute album. Im sure him and Dre worked together in the studio because Dre did 3 verses for him. As for snoops verse, he more than likely bought it and thought it would be a good idea to put dre and snoop on a song to boost sales. If you listen closely theres no chemistry between dre and snoop and they both just spit generic verses, if that makes sense.

makes sense... u can def tell that the snoop verse and dre verse are 2 seperate verses. plus, its recycled. still official tho.

Jul 12, 2002
I had that Game Documentary that he released with his first album. There's a scene when hes being interviewed, Get Stupid was playing in the background.

Andre Young produced it.
Wrong.
Cut-Throat @Cut-Throat just confirmed that Gov & Mac Dre produced it.

Nov 11, 2006
dre was a real nigga he fucked with everybody..get stupid was a dr dre beat, the nigga was well connected..

well i stand corrected..i aint gonna act like i knew dre but just going off what i heard..

Ole gossipin ass nigga....stick to riding A-Wax's nuts. You just as bad as one of them bitches on a VH1 reality show with all that fake shit and gossip