HD "The Pursuit Of Happyness"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
[video=youtube;L6T7FNU8pNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6T7FNU8pNs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;vnCADwzXoMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vnCADwzXoMs[/video]

[video=youtube;QWena8lhQ2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWena8lhQ2k&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;vdo7Z6iYSVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdo7Z6iYSVs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
H.D. has been impressive this past year . HOWEVER ... He needs to do some other shit - Struggle this struggle that .. Sell this sell that .. make this stretch .. fuking syrup this syrup that . Im a fan but if this is all he's got he'll be done by 2015 . Its all sounding the same right now .

Apr 21, 2012
I just wanna hear Breaking & Entering, the track he dropped last week is dope.

H.D. has been impressive this past year . HOWEVER ... He needs to do some other shit - Struggle this struggle that .. Sell this sell that .. make this stretch .. fuking syrup this syrup that . Im a fan but if this is all he's got he'll be done by 2015 . Its all sounding the same right now .
Lol, ironically titled "Represent the Struggle"

[video=youtube;gmJPnIAs_70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmJPnIAs_70&feature=related[/video]

Feb 28, 2006
that could be said about every rapper in the bay unless he stops releasing shit too frequently. i was loving the fact how the whole livewire was pumping hits after hits last year with the deep roster they got and with the production of DJ Fresh. but this year, i havent really checked for them because of like what you said, other than the dope production on some of the music, theyre pretty rapping about the same thing over and over. for instance, if The Team, was pushing their music like how the livewire was, we'd be tired of their shit as well. but since they dont, their next drop is impatiently waited. rappers in general dont really got too many topics on deck. every album they release, 1 song will be about a dead homie, 1 will be about their mom, 1 will be about selling drugs, 1 will be about a bitch, and a few other nonsense. but in terms of HD, i listen to his music because it slaps, his lyrics are minimal to the reason why i listen to him.

DJ_JG

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2008
that could be said about every rapper in the bay unless he stops releasing shit too frequently. i was loving the fact how the whole livewire was pumping hits after hits last year with the deep roster they got and with the production of DJ Fresh. but this year, i havent really checked for them because of like what you said, other than the dope production on some of the music, theyre pretty rapping about the same thing over and over. for instance, if The Team, was pushing their music like how the livewire was, we'd be tired of their shit as well. but since they dont, their next drop is impatiently waited. rappers in general dont really got too many topics on deck. every album they release, 1 song will be about a dead homie, 1 will be about their mom, 1 will be about selling drugs, 1 will be about a bitch, and a few other nonsense. but in terms of HD, i listen to his music because it slaps, his lyrics are minimal to the reason why i listen to him.
agree with both of yall, rap in general is just like that.

I like the mixtape, I think the beat selection is a lot better than earlier mixtapes. I don't like those trap/south sounding beats like Chicken, and this mixtape barely had any. Even the soulful songs and other beats just sound more polished than before. Lyrically on point, less songs with every Bearfaced member, it's more of HD only. Plus only two songs have been out for a while before the mixtape dropped (Chicken and Occupation).

I wish this was an album though. I mean these are all original beats, and it's for sale, so why not just make it an album? Without all the DJ mixing and annoying drops.

Jan 22, 2007
I wish this was an album though. I mean these are all original beats, and it's for sale, so why not just make it an album? Without all the DJ mixing and annoying drops.[/QUOTE]

There NOT all original beats bruh. You must not listen to alot of bay music cus he used messy marvs -black guccis beat as well as messys-riding on blades and yukmouths- monopoly beat.... peep out the orginals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=918MIuVBsDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqurf3mR1d0

Couldnt find the yukmouth monopoly but its on the all out war

Apr 5, 2008
Yeah yall right, they sound like remakes to me, like Trife Life barely has any bass in it, and they added a synth on the chorus, and Here U Go is produced by AK47 so he probably just used the same sample, but they're still not original beats then. And yeah Brooklyn's Finest obviously would be a problem lol

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I disagree this shit slaps... maybe my favorite since EM3

HD rap bout what he knows, he one of the few believable rappers in the bay area. Plus he got a leadership/panther tone to him, that I bet will evolve.

Oct 29, 2011
I Agree but i wouldnt say ALL bay area rappers are like that. The Jacka & San quinn are two of the best because they never done that (i kno they old now but still). And then guys like taj-he-spitz, young gully, blast holiday and joe blow dont rap about the same thing but i guess thats why there the best.

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
his shit is on point, his production needs to be stepped up though. it all comes with practice, its all about progression and he is definitely improving...