GENTRIFICATION

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 28, 2006
Whole foods, Trader Joe's, Rich Chinese businesses, etc. You've already seen it, even on the news, Google businesses have the right of way in the Mission. The Mission; the only thing left standing in the businesses that's making business. Every resident that's working that 9-5 is trying to survive. Ocean ave just opened a Whole foods, home of Cellski, they've just bought out the entire block on Fulton and Languna where I'm work for in the home of Fillmore. IMO, I kind've like it. It's safe for me to roam these what-was streets without being robbed yet the culture what San Quinn, 11-5, RBL Posse, and those big names are just a name of the past. My buddie tells me Oakland is next. Lake Merrit, moving down to West Oakland, white hipsters who eat at the taquerias, gyros, dim sums, of not the residents but the only businesses that's making business while we move out to sacramento. My bad. This is just a Theory. There's too much history in the Bay to just give it up to Silicon Valley. Black Panthers, Shrimp Boy, Northernos, Aryans all have set presidence to this movement.

Put it like this, we're one of the most improved regions if not progressed regions in the country. We didnt have that opportunity that they had and it's right here in the palm of our hands. lets take advantage of it.

Jul 6, 2002
$o. $an Fran
Fuck gentrification. But on the real it's too damn expensive to live in the city. Most of my folks from the west bay moved to the east bay like me. If not its towards Stockton or Sac. Until that tech shit blows up. Its gonna stay like that. Its funny when Im riding muni and I hear two bitches talking. Ones from Ohio the others from Nebraska or some shit. Its crazy.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
Funny how some people would actually prefer to leave these areas as dilapidated ghettos with old buildings & non-profitable businesses & call it gentrification vs upgrades... then bitch about the living conditions there.

We don't need one of the most profitable regions in the United States reflecting roach & rodent infested, dated housing & buildings.

I realize I am not from SF so my point is probably blown off to the residents, but this is happening to every city including my own,... out with the old, in with the new.

It sucks to not see the same mom & pop shops but it is understandable on how this impacts the economy in the area.

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
The Bay Area is one of the most beautiful places in the world. You're lucky that any of you can afford to go there, straight up. It'll happen all over, Queens, Brooklyn, Richmond, etc... Get used to it. Surprised it didn't happen a long time ago.

Filthy_Rich

My fit cost a rack
Oct 22, 2003
www.officialxraided.com
The Bay Area is one of the most beautiful places in the world. You're lucky that any of you can afford to go there, straight up. It'll happen all over, Queens, Brooklyn, Richmond, etc... Get used to it. Surprised it didn't happen a long time ago.
It did, some people just take a while to catch on.

May 31, 2006
They are upgrades at one angle but that includes higher rates which most people in that area couldn't afford. Basically forced out. The opposite is happening in Hayward right now, there is a modern day white flight occurring.
agreed.. i have never seen a city with so many damn 99 cent stores/thrift stores.

Dec 14, 2011
Sir.. Sounds like some of you just woke up last week..

Gentrification has been happening since the mid to late 90's all over the country (probably even a little before).. it's just now you're starting to see it.. neighborhoods that were mostly black or latino are looking a little more white and hipster.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Funny how some people would actually prefer to leave these areas as dilapidated ghettos with old buildings & non-profitable businesses & call it gentrification vs upgrades... then bitch about the living conditions there.

We don't need one of the most profitable regions in the United States reflecting roach & rodent infested, dated housing & buildings.

I realize I am not from SF so my point is probably blown off to the residents, but this is happening to every city including my own,... out with the old, in with the new.

It sucks to not see the same mom & pop shops but it is understandable on how this impacts the economy in the area.
Sure it's good to improve a neighborhood, the problem is that the majority of the time it only happens to its housing stock and infrastructure, not to the people. The people that used to live there remain just as poor as they were before but they end up being displaced somewhere else and out of sight.

Also, I have great respect for the real intellectual achievements behind it, but the so called "tech culture" that is driving this is nothing to look up to as a role model and we would all be better off if it did not exist