E40 vs mac dre

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I gotta go with E-40 on this one, not trying to take anything away from Mac Dre but I think 40's overall body of muisc, his innovation, and what he's done for the rap game surpass Mac Dre.

Both were innovators who helped out other artists and were capable of making music in a variety of styles.

Sep 26, 2008
As far as rap, skill wise, gotta give it to E-40.. And 40 had a major label behind him so his production and over all sound was a notch above Mac Dre who was 100% independent... Mac Dre was talented too.. But I think most of Mac Dre appeal was because of his personality and because of the type of person he was.. I was just a casual Mac Dre listener until I bought Treal TV and after watching that he was my favorite rapper and then shortly after that when he died I was a die hard Mac Dre fan.. And I can pretty much say the same for all the people who was around me at the time.. We only listened to a handful of his older songs at parties and cruising smoking weed up until about 6 months before his death I remember hearing his newer stuff like "Boss Tycoon" "Thizzle Dance" and "Get Stupid" out house parties and shit. In hip hop your image plays a huge roll in your success and popularity and Dre had a bigger than life personality for sure

May 2, 2018
Mac dre gas on E40. They both dope but 40 on some tryna make radio songs and fit in with the 16 year old rappers style these days. Dre over 40 but I'll slap both the music but as far as 40 I'll slap his older shit over the new

Jan 18, 2006
Its not close. RIP Mac Dre but 40 hasnt lost his flow after all this time. In the early 2000's Dre already wasnt the same rapper he once was. Im sorry but 40 is still gassing, how many rappers have been the rap game as long as him can say there isnt really a decline? 40 is also looked at as one of the most respected rappers ever cuz of how original/giving game that most rappers couldnt ever bring to the table

May 22, 2006
Mac Dre had way more charisma. Also was way more trill. Who is the better rapper is subjective.

I like both guys. Trendsetters from the V

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
E40 is a better rapper than Mac Dre. If E40 died and Mac Dre was still alive people would say the opposite. No one thinks for themselves. Also the fact he did time for a bank robbery gives losers who think shit like that is cool boners.
MD maintained his innocence over that and never made a statement or gave up info, that's one of the big reasons he has respect.

Feb 19, 2015
Mac Dre = Personality, Charisma, Mic Presence, Story Telling, Lyricism

E40 = Flow, Originality, Creativity

Both legends, and both have different strengths .. but as you can see. Mac Dre is a GOAT level rapper. E40 is great, but not quite there.

Jan 18, 2006
E40 is a better rapper than Mac Dre. If E40 died and Mac Dre was still alive people would say the opposite. No one thinks for themselves. Also the fact he did time for a bank robbery gives losers who think shit like that is cool boners.
Since people are stanning way to hard i have to quote this for truth and add 3 songs that made more of a impact then MD could make with his whole catalog and before anyone says anything, the 1st song was independent before anybody really knew about him and really put him on the map in the Bay. 2nd song is when you knew he made it, he was all over MTV and the 3rd song put him in legendary status way back in 96 but tell me again how MD who isnt even the better rapper is better. Lets not forget about that 5 on it remix.

Last edited:

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
also 40 had all-star production damn near from the very beginning. MD had Khayree early on, but 40 had Mike Mosley, Sam Bostic, Studio Ton, Rick Rock and Bosko all producing slaps for him and then later...Lil Jon. Shit...even his son, Droop-E made some tight shit for his dad.

Feb 8, 2006
I thought Mac Dre flows was better before he hit the pen. After he seemed more of a entertainer. I don't mean that in a bad way at all. I think the entertainment part made him much more marketable but I preferred that old school shit.

Jan 18, 2006
I thought Mac Dre flows was better before he hit the pen. After he seemed more of a entertainer. I don't mean that in a bad way at all. I think the entertainment part made him much more marketable but I preferred that old school shit.
same, which is why its so impressive 40 can still spit as good as he does after all these years. That B-Legit and 40 album is hella good, the quality is still there which is most importart. I cant even say i even liked a lot of Dres songs after the 1st Rompilation but then again im not a dope fiend lol. Obviously that was his best work.