Dreams and Nightmares (I'm God remix)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 4, 2011
This is the first time I've ever posted anything I've done on this site. I'm somewhat hypercritical of myself when it comes to rap, especially about my delivery... other people tell me I have a good voice for it but I cringe every time I listen to myself. I've always been more of a writer than a performer though so that's part of it.

Anyway, this is a remix of Lil B - I'm God I did... originally I wrote it to HD - Occupations but I couldn't find the instrumental version so I went with I'm God. I wrote the first 8 bars (16 lines) of this when I was 16 but never got around to finishing it so I decided to write the last 4 bars over the last couple of days. My mind was in a very different place back then... even though I always did decently in school in the back of my head I thought I wasn't going to amount to shit. Now I'm happy to say that I'm starting college this fall... life is full of surprises.

At this point I don't have a rap name... it's always been more of a hobby to me so it never really made sense for me to have one.

Here's the song (click the link and download):

Dreams and Nightmares

Any and all criticism is welcome.

The lyrics:

Been European, courdon-eating out in Paris
then I cross the border, Barcelona down to Madrid
came back for Monaco, cruised out to Morroco
on a boat, now I'm lounging on the coast of Africa
didn't turn on the phone, let me get back to ya
after lunch in the beach, coconuts and swisher sweets,
now I'm floating in the breeze thinking of the life I lead,
tryna find my ID, last night I tried to dream
but my third eye was blind, is my real life the dream?
I don't know everything, college was just a dream,
scholared up never been, but I got knowledge
that was deeper than the Seven Seas, blood of the beggar king
product of the struggle of the mothafuckin seventies
essence of Huey P, drifting through the school of life
speaking of the faults of the system have you doing life
So I keep my thoughts in a prison lest I lose my mind,
the nightmares of police tryna shoot my mind,
the ice glares that don't blink when the Ruger rise,
another young brother tossed in the sewer by
a place where young hustlers buy their coffins cause they doomed to die,
living life on the edge like its suicide,
bad women, cash spending, fast engines zooming by
shallow souls sink even deeper than a scuba dive,
every day I wake up and ask who am I...

Jul 4, 2011
I appreciate the honest feedback @ SacredMuzic and Elijah. Delivery's always been the hardest part for me... like I said I hate listening to my own shit so I have trouble distinguishing what sounds "good" or "bad" to others lol. I agree 100% that it does come down to being willing to put in the time to get it right though.

The challenge with rapping is having both halves of the package (delivery + lyrics)... that's why ghostwriters exist lol. I'd hate hearing my words coming out of somebody else's mouth even more than when they come out of mine though so that's not an option for me.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Your first mistake was rapping over a Clams beat Basedgod already destroyed... you aint stacking up to that breh.

I fuck with your lyrics tho but as said above it needs more passion behind them.

May 8, 2011
I appreciate the honest feedback @ SacredMuzic and Elijah. Delivery's always been the hardest part for me... like I said I hate listening to my own shit so I have trouble distinguishing what sounds "good" or "bad" to others lol. I agree 100% that it does come down to being willing to put in the time to get it right though.

The challenge with rapping is having both halves of the package (delivery + lyrics)... that's why ghostwriters exist lol. I'd hate hearing my words coming out of somebody else's mouth even more than when they come out of mine though so that's not an option for me.
confidence on the mic comes with repeatedly doing it over and over and over til its right bro don't give up!