Disappointed

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
I think y'all are making my point. The classic sound is dead, but you still have an appreciation for what it was. It even sounds like some of y'all would be cool with a resurrection of the sound even though it's not mainstream. Am I right?
Yeah kinda what Joey Badass and a lot nyc cats are doing with their movement. Bringin that classic ny shit back. Or at least try to. Would be great to have Bay people doing that too. Its a way of paying homage

Oct 31, 2007
I think y'all are making my point. The classic sound is dead, but you still have an appreciation for what it was. It even sounds like some of y'all would be cool with a resurrection of the sound even though it's not mainstream. Am I right?
Absolutely, As long as I can listen to it in my car and stereo, I wouldn't give a shit what the radio plays.

Props: MNK and MNK
Sep 9, 2017
I just had to join after viewing this bullshit thread

wtf are y'all expecting in 2017?

Y'all acting like J Stalin didn't drop a Bay area classic with On Behalf Of The Streets Part 2 just last year

y'all acting like Lil Blood didn't drop 3 consecutive DOPE tapes back to back during the first few months of this year?

Philthy Rich's latest tape Neighborhood Superstar 4 was nothing but bangers... some of y'all mad Zaytoven is on a majority of his tracks? The two fit each other pretty well and he sticks to his classic sound with some of the tracks like Ate Off That w/ Joe Blow. Him reaching out to Detroit was also a good move to keep his sound fresh and if y'all aint heard of Teameastside Peezy then y'all missing out

SOBxRBE isn't dope? classic bay shit upgraded to a modern sound

this ain't the Bay, but y'all acting like Mozzy didn't just drop 1 Up Top Ahk

and to address the shit about niggas replicating the Young Thug/Future sound, i would argue that certain niggas like SKEME out of LA have adopted the sound and are doing it better than they are!

to clarify, this is street music... not 90's stairwell cyphers about kicking rhymes and all that other b.s.

east coast been dead for a minute for replicating the southern sound

while the south run the industry, their sound is quickly turning generic

i'd consider it almost a luxury to be listening to the shit we listen to cuz all niggas do throughout the rest of the nation is sleep!!!!!!!

but yet on siccness.net i'm surprised niggas ain't satisfied with all the dope shit being put out

SMH

Apr 25, 2002
It's like there was a torch to be passed and it never happened. It's unfortunate when you think of how good the music was that it's extinct. You can name as many rappers as you want selling 500 units, the depth and word of mouth and the was it reverberates through the US is non existent.

And at the poster above me: No. lol.

Jan 18, 2015
It's the bay area's own fault. To be a rapper in the bay area you also gotta be a real street nigga apparently.
Good point. IMO, this is also what makes a lot of the bay area so dope. The shit is raw, unlike a lot of the other watered down shit that's out there. Unfortunately, they also tend to kill each other off.

I don't think anyone should resurrect anything. Just focus on being yourself and finding your own sound.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Ya'll gotta understand several things and I will try to break it down and not type a novel because I'm no longer capable of the classic :H: posts of old.

1. You vote with your wallet. If ya'll would make an effort to not support the advertising formats that play the bullshit you don't like, whether they are radio, blogs, etc, then things will change.

2. Depending on the content, you don't have to be "a real street nigga" in the bay to be a rapper. Shit I'm straight from College Park North Vallejo and I sell fuckin comic books and rock/rap albums that ain't got shit to do with street shit, even though I CAN do the street shit because I lived it. If you talk about bustin down bricks, choppers, etc, then you're making yourself out to be a target and you'll most likely get shot in the face at your own show...by another rapper or someone with nothing to lose.

But ya'll have to understand that while it may be entertainment to you, it's life and reality to other people. So you can't have it both ways.

3. Lack of business acumen and not being forward thinking. Stop thinking rap and start thinking ancillary goods, licensing, etc.

4. A lot of people in positions aren't helping. These people are looking out for self and will snatch and artist and shelve them or get them locked in a sick ass contract that demoralizes them to the point where they put out shit just to put it out. Without mentors, you're lost.

5. Production has changed. When I say production I am not just talking about the music but the creation of the album from start to finish like what key the songs will be in, what type of instrumentation will be used, the direction of the mix (including fx used), arrangement of the song and sequence of the album.

6. At the end of the day you can't appeal to everyone.

Now I've been away from here because I've been busy and having fun with the shit I'm doing. Ya'll might not see me for a bit but @

I executive produced this video. Click these for behind the scenes footage (NSFW)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZCiG4lAx6P/?hl=en&taken-by=talesofalightskin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY9j73PAiQC/?hl=en&taken-by=talesofalightskin

Video:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9M2pJuOX5g&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

I did the production for this, tracked and mixed and also helped out with some other behinds the scenes shit.

Click these for behind the scenes footage (NSFW)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXNtM3wlIo4/?hl=en&taken-by=rocstar1.11

Video:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRAje1QYmE&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

I did the production, tracking and mixing on this one:

In closing, I do me, get money regardless, have fun and help others. No complaints here.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Ya'll gotta understand several things and I will try to break it down and not type a novel because I'm no longer capable of the classic :H: posts of old.

1. You vote with your wallet. If ya'll would make an effort to not support the advertising formats that play the bullshit you don't like, whether they are radio, blogs, etc, then things will change.

2. Depending on the content, you don't have to be "a real street nigga" in the bay to be a rapper. Shit I'm straight from College Park North Vallejo and I sell fuckin comic books and rock/rap albums that ain't got shit to do with street shit, even though I CAN do the street shit because I lived it. If you talk about bustin down bricks, choppers, etc, then you're making yourself out to be a target and you'll most likely get shot in the face at your own show...by another rapper or someone with nothing to lose.

But ya'll have to understand that while it may be entertainment to you, it's life and reality to other people. So you can't have it both ways.

3. Lack of business acumen and not being forward thinking. Stop thinking rap and start thinking ancillary goods, licensing, etc.

4. A lot of people in positions aren't helping. These people are looking out for self and will snatch and artist and shelve them or get them locked in a sick ass contract that demoralizes them to the point where they put out shit just to put it out. Without mentors, you're lost.

5. Production has changed. When I say production I am not just talking about the music but the creation of the album from start to finish like what key the songs will be in, what type of instrumentation will be used, the direction of the mix (including fx used), arrangement of the song and sequence of the album.

6. At the end of the day you can't appeal to everyone.

I've been away from here because I've been busy and having fun with the shit I'm doing. Ya'll might not see me for a bit in a few days.

I executive produced this video. Click these for behind the scenes footage (NSFW)

Instagram

Instagram

Video:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9M2pJuOX5g&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

I did the production for this, tracked and mixed and also helped out with some other behinds the scenes shit.

Click these for behind the scenes footage (NSFW)

Instagram

Video:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRAje1QYmE&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

I did the production, tracking and mixing on this one:

In closing, I do me, get money regardless, have fun and help others. No complaints here.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
It's the bay area's own fault. To be a rapper in the bay area you also gotta be a real street nigga apparently. You cant just be a rapper, you gotta go to jail, you gotta be in a gang, you gotta be a real pimp, you gotta be a real robber. Then these bay area artists just attack eachother instead of working together, til whoever they are attacking eventually quits rap, dies, or goes to jail.
Bunch of retards.

All these new bay artists popping up sound and look like a bunch of Faggots.

You went in! ANGRY!!!:angry: