Casual(Hieroglyphics) & Saafir(Hobo Junction) Freestyle Battle Documentary Trailer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 17, 2002
Lol other than Saafir most of the participants in this came weak on the hiero and hobo sides. Everyone was so mad I don't think they were focused on rapping. Saafir tore that shit up stylistically though it was like hip hop acrobatics.

Aug 17, 2002
was it written was it not written, that question is part of the mystique. heiro could have done a better job freestyling regardless. i never found out why Del wasn't there though.

Apr 25, 2002
Typically I wouldn't point this out, but I think some of Saafir's lines in that article are wrong and it changes the context quite a bit:

"I'm 100% concentrated on easing nooses around the necks of these tricks, insects with vagina lips, your spinal will grip..."

"Nigga you one-story I'm a skyscraper..."

I recorded that battle off the radio and had it in rotation as much as regular albums I had at the time... I know the words to some of those freestyles better than I do a lot of songs.

I'm glad there's going to be a documentary about this battle... I don't know of any others quite like it. Most are just one on one, I don't know of any others where there were two crews going back and forth, let alone two crews that actually had beef with each other. I hope there's video of the battle itself... The tension was thick in there, at one point they had to go to commercial because a fight was about to break out.

Apr 25, 2002
Lol other than Saafir most of the participants in this came weak on the hiero and hobo sides. Everyone was so mad I don't think they were focused on rapping. Saafir tore that shit up stylistically though it was like hip hop acrobatics.
I thought Casual was the best out of all of them as far as freestyling goes, especially with the multis off the head (and you could tell everything he spit was off the head,) but after hearing it a few times I started noticing how vicious a lot of Saafir's lines were. Saafir killed pretty much everyone he went at with all the personal shit.

Jul 26, 2014
I thought Casual was the best out of all of them as far as freestyling goes, especially with the multis off the head (and you could tell everything he spit was off the head,) but after hearing it a few times I started noticing how vicious a lot of Saafir's lines were. Saafir killed pretty much everyone he went at with all the personal shit.

think there is an interview with Saafir & Casual in regards to the battle. i'll have to look for it.