C-Bo The Problem CD R???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Houston
WHEN I SELL CD'S I PRESS UP MINE INDEPENDENTLY AND WAS NOT FAMILIAR WITH MOD TIL TODAY.
By "pressing up," you mean you make some cheap burned CDs at home. When you were selling that package of albums several years ago to go with that A.W.O.L. compilation, you sent me a bunch of cheaply made-at-home CD-Rs with shitty pixelated labels on them. I couldn't tell which album was which and had to listen to the albums with a tracklist nearby to verify which was which. You talk about people getting gaffled, but you're just as guilty of the offense.

And you knew what "MOD" meant. You were on here telling us that the "Realest In The Industry" albums being sold on Amazon and other websites were CD-Rs and the only place to get an authentic one was from you. I purchased one from you as part of the package mentioned above and it wasn't any more authentic than the one being sold on Amazon. The only difference is you got my money for the CD-R instead of Amazon.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2015
Fresno,Ca
WWW.KILLATAYCAPONE.COM
YEH CUZ I MADE THE MUSIC AND AMAZON WASN'T PAYING. AND I WROTE WHAT EACH ALBUM WAS ON THE CASE. ITS CALLED INDEPENDENCE WHICH WAS WHAT I HAD TO DO AT THE TIME TO GET MY MUSIC TO PPL AND ACTUALLY MAKE SOME MONEY MYSELF WITHOUT GETTING GAFFLED. ITS NOT LIKE I MADE HELLA MONEY OFF THAT AND I SPENT LONG HOURS PRINTING THOSE CDS MY MF SELF PUTTING MY OWN WORK IN. AS A CONSUMER AT THE TIME U GOT EXTRA MUSIC FOR YOUR $ AND ITS NOT LIKE U COULDNT DOWNLOAD THOSE CD'S SO I DON'T SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS. LIKE I SAID I DIDNT MAKE MUCH PROFIT AND I PAID 4 SHIPPING SO I DON'T SEE WHAT THE COMPLAINT IS. U GOT EXCLUSIVE MUSIC STRAIGHT FROM ME. I HAD TO PAY 4 INK AND THE PRINTER AND ALL THAT. ITS NOT LIKE U GOT GANKED. AND I SOLD THE AWOL CD THAT WE PRESSED UP $8 CHEAPER THAN IT WAS BEING SOLD AT STORES. MOST OF MY REAL FANS APPRECIATED THAT I GOT MY MUSIC TO THEM THAT WAY INSTEAD OF SITTING ON IT BUT FROM A SPOILED FANS PERSPECTIVE I GUESS I GET YOUR POINT.
#THX 4 THE SUPPORT

Aug 28, 2015
Fresno,Ca
WWW.KILLATAYCAPONE.COM
AND JUST TO CLEAR IT UP...MY PROBLEM WITH AMAZON WAS NOT THAT MY ALBUM WAS BEING SOLD. MY PROBLEM WAS THEY WERE SELLING A SINGLE SONG AND ADVERTISING IT AS AN ALBUM FOR FULL PRICE AS AN ALBUM SO WHEN PPL WHO BOUGHT IT CONTACTED ME AND COMPLAINED THAT THERE WAS ONLY ONE SONG ON THE DISC I FELT THAT WAS FUCKED UP BECUZ IT WOULD LOOK LIKE I HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT. THATS THE FACTS SO I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND NOW AND STOP ACTIN LIKE I GOT OVER BECUZ I'VE NEVER BURNT ANYONE ON PURPOSE MY WHOLE LIFE. IVE JUST BEEN PART OF THE DIRTY GAME THAT MOST FANS DON'T CARE TO TAKE THE TIME TO UNDERSTAND. AND I STILL HAVE THE DECENCY TO THANK U 4 YOUR SUPPORT CUZ IT PROBABLY DID HELP ME PAY A BILL OR FEED MY KIDS.

Feb 7, 2007
can u post some photos? Is it profesionally printed??
I will try 2 post tonight. The CD is a cd-r but was printed on. If i didnt know that it wasnt legit as discussed in this thread, i would have thought it was official and just a lower budget way of getting hard copies pressed up. I would say that it falls somewhere between a pressed CD and a mixtape in terms of "professionalness" lol

hope that helps until i can post the pics

Feb 19, 2015
I will try 2 post tonight. The CD is a cd-r but was printed on. If i didnt know that it wasnt legit as discussed in this thread, i would have thought it was official and just a lower budget way of getting hard copies pressed up. I would say that it falls somewhere between a pressed CD and a mixtape in terms of "professionalness" lol

hope that helps until i can post the pics

is the back of the cd blue/green tint or mirror tint? i'm having trouble believing best buy would sell cd-r copies .. and rbc is a big enough company to press legit copies.

post them pics when u get the chance fam

Apr 25, 2002
I think what matters more than a CDr is if its lossless. Is the CDr pressed from Lossless masters, or is it upconverted MP3? I would be curious to examine the Spek ifsomeone dida 100% secure rip in FLAC using EAC.

I will take a lossless CDr anyday over a WEB mp3/iTunes lossy rip.