C-Bo The Problem CD R???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2015
They all scratch the same. The only difference is the readability of the discs. The reflectivity and readability is different due to how the data is placed on the disc. Doesn't mean one scratches easier than the other lol. I know because I worked at Maxwell Productions in 2001 in their cleanroom with the real equipment not home computers(even though it says DVD- we did the manufacturing for the big screen movies, we did CDs as well) Which companies belong to the DVD Copy Control Association (DVD CCA) as of 08-2001?
u have no clue what you're talking about, the film on cd-r's can literally get peeled off from the slightest scratch. i have tons of cd-r's and real cd's which i still got from 20 years back and the cd-r's are wayyy more scratched up, it's not even close.. and i don't know what kinda cd's playstation use, but ps3 and ps4 games are basically scratch proof, unless u scratch it with extreme force. cd-r's get scratches from a napkin swipe. it's a noticeable difference.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Lmao

You don't know what you're talking about, I've made the shit. All of the polymers (Google the word as it is above your knowledge level lol) are manufactured into their disc shape the same exact way through the same exact process. I know because I've been there and I've done that succa. Now, are there different grade of polymers? Sure, because each vendor of the polymer has a proprietary compound. That doesn't mean a CDR can't be made from the same exact polymer as a PlayStation game or cd. You just arguing as usual about shit you don't know. You buy crappy cdrs to burn on and chalk it up to all cdrs. The real difference is the imaging of the data. Keep arguing with yourself, I got grown up shit to do.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
They all scratch the same. The only difference is the readability of the discs. The reflectivity and readability is different due to how the data is placed on the disc. Doesn't mean one scratches easier than the other lol. I know because I worked at Maxwell Productions in 2001 in their cleanroom with the real equipment not home computers(even though it says DVD- we did the manufacturing for the big screen movies, we did CDs as well) Which companies belong to the DVD Copy Control Association (DVD CCA) as of 08-2001?
You buy crappy cdrs to burn on and chalk it up to all cdrs.
so are they all the same or are there some crappy ones? Has the technology/manufacturing process evolved at all since you worked for Maxwell 15 years ago?

I'm asking you because you seem to know all about this

Feb 19, 2015
so are they all the same or are there some crappy ones? Has the technology/manufacturing process evolved at all since you worked for Maxwell 15 years ago?

he doesn't know shit, you literally have to be oblivious to think manufactured cd's scratch as bad as burned cd-r's..... i know you've all seen the film tear off cd-r's when it gets scratched up. that never happens to real cd's. i'm having trouble believing he really worked for maxwell..prolly just trollin.

Feb 4, 2017
Rancho Cordova
he doesn't know shit, you literally have to be oblivious to think manufactured cd's scratch as bad as burned cd-r's..... i know you've all seen the film tear off cd-r's when it gets scratched up. that never happens to real cd's. i'm having trouble believing he really worked for maxwell..prolly just trollin.
This ^^

The top of a CDR can literally flake off in little metallic film if you scratch the top. Nothing can compare to an actual pressed cd. If you wanna know what makes a pressed cd different and much better quality just watch the video on how compact discs are made on YouTube. There is no data burned onto the disc film by a laser. It's literally a mold pressing the info directly into the disc material. Same goes for vinyl.

Jun 21, 2006
Are there refunds for those that already bought CD'(R)'s ?
Fixed

If there won't be a refund, I would sue rapbay. The emotional scars that this whole cdr fiasco caused to the loyal fans that been waiting for this cd forever and the breach of trust in the business world for being hustled by a professional company, should amount for a couple of million dollars.

It's still not clear to me if WCM was making money on this deal. If so, maybe they can be sued too.

lol

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz

Quality of lasers available to consumers, quality of data compression, those things have changed. The processes of manufacturing the actual discs, hasn't really changed that much. Are there crappy ones, of course. It depends on the quality of the materials used in the manufacturing process. We are talking about all simple products. It's nothing like the world of microchips where they continually become more complex the further the technology evolves.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2017
Rancho Cordova
Rap bay been hella scando lately. They sold me a burned CDR of 2 different albums I got. And when I emailed them about it they said they were authorized to do so.
Basically it was a cheap CDR wit the title of the cd etched onto the top of the disc in small letters and they put it in a slim jewel case with a printed out cover. The same kind of shit they do with those free rapbay radio cds they throw in with everything you buy.

Feb 19, 2015
if the album was released under rbc, then rbc and c-bo must've had a deal .. are these even confirmed cd-r?? because rapbay doesn't say cd-r on it.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
MOD can mean they pressing up one cd at a time .. very doable if they have a pressing machine. rapbay usually lists cd-r's as cd-r .. the question here is whether tay actually knows that this is bein bootlegged or whether c-bo gave the ok without his knowledge.
As some one who still buys CDs I can say no they don't. You never know what you're going to get when it comes to rapbay. Sometimes you get a real CD sometimes you get a made at home mixtape CDR.

I just assumed that it's whatever the artist provides.