Brainwash

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
i know there was a Brainwash fan on this board somewhere,so heres his bio....

Brainwash was born Kevin Hansford, 11/10/77, in Virginia... At age 2, he & his mother moved to Florida where Brainwash would eventually aquire a taste for music, playing the drums in a school band. At age 9, they relocated to Stockton, California and it was there that Brainwash made a name for himself...
By 1989, Brainwash had taken up rapping as a favorite hobby. He joined a group called Stockton 187 with some other rappers from school: Gangsta-D, T-Spoon, Boss, A-Bomb, Gonzo, Walnutt & KG. The group recorded underground tapes & sold them at school and from the school bus, making a name for themselves in a town still unheard of in the music business. As time progressed, it was clear that the other members of the group weren't taking it too seriously, so Brainwash decided to "go solo" and began making his own songs, recording three underground tapes, "Welcome 2 Stockton", "Polterguiest" & "Death Around The Corner", all with horrible sound & quality, using terrible & cheap equipment. But there was talent somewhere buried beneath the hideous quality & as Brainwash watched T-Spoon, Gonzo, A-Bomb, KG & Gangsta-D all go to prison for charges ranging from murder to carjacking and seeing friend Walnutt & Plan-B die over the course of the next few years, Brainwash decided to get serious & make his hobby a career before he ended up like the rest of his circle of friends; dead or in prison.
In 1993, Brainwash hooked up with another underground rapper, Koid, and the two of them began working together. They were using a studio in Northside Stockton when they met another up & coming rap duo, Black Rhino, who Braimwash & Koid began to collaborate with as well. By 1996, Brainwash was in a professional, digital recording studio finishing up his debut CD, "Skitsofrenic", a gangsta-rap/horror-rap combination piece featuring guest performances from Koid & Black Rhino, as well as production from soon-to-be Bay Area super-producer Crazy-8, as well as himself. The end result was an original & trendsetting underground classic, featuring hits like "Slippin' In The Darkness" & the controverisal "Russian Roulette", a song in which Brainwash kills himself at the end of & one which started a rumor throughout the town of Stockton that Brainwash was really dead.
That year, Brainwash also formed his X-A-Q Shunn Muzick record company & mass produced 2,000 copies of "Skitsofrenic" and hit the road, stopping at every record store from L.A. to Washington state, personally placing his music in the stores with consignment deals & with nothing more than word-of-mouth promotion, the units began selling out. Brainwash established himself with a strong & loyal local fan base and laid the foundation for what would become his Sykadelik Entertainment company.
Following the sucess of "Skitsofrenic", Brainwash recieved a phone call from independent filmmaker Ronny Wyatt, who's credits also include writing for TV shows like "Married with Children" & "Saturday Night Live". Wyatt asked to use "Slippin' In The Darkness" in his upcoming indy movie and also wondering if Brainwash would want to audition for a minor role in the picture. Brainwash showed up to the casting call & not only impressed Wyatt, he changed the production line-up & ended up being cast as the movie's lead, a spoiled, wanna-be thug & troubled youth named Quasi. Brainwash also performed two other songs for the soundtrack, including the movie's title cut, "Lost".
"Lost", the movie, was hailed by independent movie critics as an excellent film, the highlight being Brainwash's debut acting performance. The film was also showcased in many international film festivals, including the prestigious Ed Wood Memorial Film & Video Festival.
In 1998, Brainwash decided to try his own hand at filmmaking. He recruited friends, family & some of the stars from "Lost" as well, and began work on his debut movie-making project, "Smoked Out", a comedy about a couple of losers who want nothing more than to get high all day. Aside from writing, directing & producing the film, Brainwash also co-starred in the movie as Kevin, a trash-talking lightwieght who convienently passes out in several scenes (Brainwash had a lot of behind-the-scenes work to do on this low-budget feature, so he couldn't actually be in too many scenes himself). Brainwash also performed over 30 songs for the soundtrack as well, and performed nearly every backstage duty on the film set, from running the cameras to supplying the catering to taking the still photographs for the movie's cover-box.
"Smoked Out" was another sucess for Brainwash, and won him a Best Director award at the Troy W. Skidmore Film Festival in late 1998. It is available on VHS from Sykadelik Entertainment & will soon also be available on DVD, with additional footage deleted from the film, interviews with cast & crew, music videos & behind-the-scenes looks at the making of the movie as well.
In 1999, Brainwash returned to the studio to begin working on his long-awaited follow-up album to 1996's underground classic, "Skitsofrenic". This time around, Brainwash introduced a new style of rap, which he's called "Alternative-Rap", along with a Spoken-Word Poetry style as well, combining them with his trademarked gangsta-rap & horror-rap style. He also handled nearly all the music production himself, with one track done by Bay Area super-producer j. TRU of the Fusion/Hip-Hop band Planet Mongrel. The end result was a 19-track album called "Posthumous", which also featured many of the previously unreleased songs heard in the "Smoked Out" movie. But the highlight of the project was the hit song, "Chemistry", a rap song dedicated to Brainwash's girlfriend & featuring R&B vocalist Mad-Cel on the chorus. "Chemistry" recieved local airplay & helped push copies of "Posthumous" and was subsequently released as a CD single as well.
As 2000 approached, Brainwash began work on his book of poetry, "Cocktail Napkin Poetry", and a few other music projects, but found himself the target of local police & could find little time to complete any projects in between his 15 arrests that year. Brainwash was being "brought-in" left & right by grudged police officers in the town and it wasn't long before he ended up being sentenced to serve a year in jail. He scurried to complete his "Eclectic Fusion" compilation, an experimental combination of musical genres as diverse as Rap to Jazz to Punk to Spoken-Word Poetry. The compilation was regaurded as a masterpiece for fans of versatile originality, but was unfortunately never promoted or distributed as it should have been, due to Brainwash's incarceration that year.
2001... Brainwash is released from his imprisonment with an arsenal of new material & a plate-full of upcoming projects. He has just completed "The Velvet Hour", a collection of Spoken-Word Poetry set to original backround music done completely by Brainwash himself. Fans of his work on "Eclectic Fusion" & "Posthumous" will no doubt appreciate it. For the fans more into his original rap style, Brainwash has also compiled together a collection of previously unreleased tracks recorded between 1990-2000, called "Razor Blades & Bloody Bathwater", hoping it will satisfy his fans' thirst until he can complete yet another rap-project in the works, his new album "Politics", guaranteed to be his best rap album to date.
Brainwash is also finally completing "Cocktail Napkin Poetry", as well as working on projects for Sykadelik artist Koid, on his two upcoming releases: "Left 4 Dead" & "Loved By Few, Hated By Many", as well as a collaboration project with Koid called Connected - "Twenty-Four Felonies"... Brainwash's next film project is the mafia-drama "This Thing Of Ours", which will also be released with a hard-hitting soundtrack & a written novel as well. Other projects in the near future include working with Self-Made Records rapper/vocalist Mad-Cel, jazz/fusion band Four Feet Projects, rapper Crazy-8, hip-hop band Hemp Nation, music manager-turned-comedian Vic "the Jew" Goldstien & a newly signed alternative rock band: Social Insecurity, of which Brainwash will try his hand at vocals himself.
2002 looks promising for the artist currently known as Brainwash, a man of many hats...

Props: Freeway Rich
I have both Brainwash cds burned, (cause i cant find the ogs anywhere)..."skitsofrenic" is a tight cd,every song is tight...

I just wanted to know is Brainwash a white guy..???

my friend had the cover to "skitsofrenic" but he lost it,and he doesnt remember what the cover looks like,can somebody scan the cover ,or does anyone have a picture of brainwash they can post up...?

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Good looking out on that info about him. I have both of his albums ( real copies ) I coped them at tower records in stockton, back in the day.

At the end of all that it says "2002 looks promising for the artist currently known as Brainwash" wonder whats been up with dude since?????

All of us in AOD always wanted to work with cat, but ain't nobody know how to get ahold of him.

View 1 of the AOD-ORG.....

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.AOD-ORG.COM
THIS IS SOME GOOD NEWS....

@Foul Mouth:If there is any contact info...let us know folcx...an were did you get this info?-SinnCerly Sinn
@View-1:good look'n out folcx...hopefully we get the contact info...that would be real nice...i know you know!-SinnCerly Sinn

Dec 21, 2002
Fa sho, if anyone has the contact on Brainwash, hook it up, we've been trying to collab with this cat for a few now.......1

Jul 9, 2004
THE BAD MOTHA F***A SPEAKZ

WHAT'S HAPPENIN' PEOPLE? - THIS BE BRAINWASH...

THANKS 2 EVERYBODY 4 THE COMPLIMENTS AND RECOGNITION ON YA BOY'S ART THRU THE YEARS - I TOOK SOME TIME OFF AFTER GETTIN' OUTTA THE CAGE THEY THREW ME IN BUT I'M BACK...

WHAT'S UP TO MY HOMIEZ FROM A.O.D. FOR THE LOVE THEY PUT DOWN FOR ME ON THIS FORUM - AND IF YALL DON'T BE KNOWIN' ABOUT THEY SHIT - GO FIND OUT ABOUT IT CUZ IT'S HOT - BUY THAT "NONCOMPOSMENTIS" CD - IT'S HARD AS HELL.. I LOOK FORWARD TO WORKIN WITH YOU CATS SOON.

EVERYBODY ELSE - GOOD LOOKIN' ON THE WORDS OF POSITIVITY AND BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR MY NEW SHIT AND THE RE-RELEASE OF MY OLDER SHIT, TOO... YOU CAN ORDER DIRECT THRU ME @ SYKADELIK ENTERTAINMENT:

BRAINWASH - SKITSOFRENIC CD 1996 XAQ001
BRAINWASH - RAZOR BLADES & BLOODY BATHWATER CD 1997 XAQ002
BRAINWASH - POLITICS CD 1998 XAQ003
BRAINWASH - POSTHUMOUS CD 1999 SYK001
BRAINWASH's - ECLECTIC FUSION Compilation CD 2000 SYK002
BRAINWASH - COCKTAIL NAPKIN POETRY CD 2000 SYK003
BRAINWASH - REANIMATED CD 2001 SYK004
BRAINWASH - HITS & CONTRACTS CD 2001 SYK005
BRAINWASH - SYMPATHY FOR THE DAMNED CD 2004 KEV001
BRAINWASH - EUTHANASIA CD 2004 KEV002
BRAINWASH - 14 DAYS & A WAKE UP CD 2004 KEV003
KOID - LEFT 4 DEAD CD 2000
KOID - FIVE TA LIFE CD 2001
SMOKED OUT - THE MOVIE (DIRECTOR'S CUT) VCD 1998/2003 THC420
LOST - THE MOVIE VCD 1997 REG001

ALL RELEASES ARE $10 each (PLUS $2.50 each for SHIPPING).
BUY 5 or MORE AND GET FREE SHIPPING! OR BUY THE WHOLE CATALOG FOR $125 (including SHIPPING). HOLLA @ ME

BRAINWASH
SYKADELIK ENTERTAINMENT

[email protected]

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.AOD-ORG.COM
danm...

@Brainwash...yeah,good to see you up in here folcx!...an thancx for lett'n these cat'z know about that AOD SHYT! we goin to do some sic colao's together real talk folcx!but they anit know'n...what hide's with'n the darkness...SinnCerlySinn

Mental illness...do you know some cat named "OSCAR" a short cat?...he said he wrote for a mag called "str8 laced"...crazy 8's mag...he had play'd me some of your shyt ...
ya'll got heat folcx...you still talk to this cat...he had put me up on some thing's...that i found out was tru...i lost touch with this cat a while ago...but stay up an keep doinyour thang-SinnCerlySinn

Jul 1, 2004
naw the only people that wrote for str8-lace were myself, some female and crazy-8. i know a oscar from sacramento. but if he gas our shit than 1 of us knows him. good lookin on the feedback bro!

Jul 9, 2004
BRAINWASH IS BACK ONCE AGAIN

NO THANKS TO THE CHP, FBI, SPD, S.J. CO. SHERRIFFS, PROBATION/PAROLE DEPT, DMV, JUDGES, JURIES, D.A.s AND EVERY OTHER CROOKED MOTHA FUCKA OUT 2 GET ME - YA BOY BRAINWASH HAS ONCE AGAIN RETURNED...

WHAT UP YALL? GLAD 2 SEE SOMEBODY KEPT MY NAME ALIVE WHILE I WAS "UNAVAILABLE" - MUCH LOVE TO ALL
THE "FANS" AND MEMBERS OF THE S.M.C. WHO KEEP HAVIN' YA BOY'S BACK WHEN THE HATERS ARE TRYNA STAB ME IN IT.. MATTER OF FACT - FUCK THE TERM "FANS" - THAT'S SOME EGOTISTICAL SHIT - YALL MOTHA FUCKAZ MY HOMEBOYZ AND THAT'S REAL.

GOT A NEW CD 'BOUT 2 DROP AND A NEW WEBSITE - CHECK IT OUT

www.sykadelik459.com

ONE LOVE

BRAINWASH

Jun 23, 2004
Brainwash is back - all albums finally pressed professionally and available for purchase - a shitload of them.

Brainwash - Skitsofrenic (+ 15 year anniversary collectors edition from 2011)
Brainwash - Politics
Brainwash - Razor Blades & Bloody Bathwater
Brainwash - Posthumous
Brainwash presents - Eclectic Fusion Compilation
Brainwash - Reanimated
Brainwash - Hits & Contracts (backordered - coming again soon)
Brainwash - Cocktail Napkin Poetry
Brainwash presents - Koid - Left 4 Dead
Brainwash - Sympathy for the Damned
Brainwash - Euthanasia
Brainwash - Rebel Without a Cause
Brainwash - Lyrically Speaking
Brainwash - Leftovers (Volume One)
Brainwash - Current Events
Brainwash - Quatrains
Brainwash - Entropy
Brainwash - Amnesia
Brainwash presents - Social Insecurity - Mood Swings
Brainwash - Birth Control (Leftovers V2) <- backordered, coming again soon>
Brainwash - Sleeping thru the Mourning
Brainwash - Face the Music
Brainwash - The Washgate Tapes (Welcome 2 Stockton, Poltergeist and Death Around the Corner 1990-1993 underground tapes all on one CD)

and more - get at me! [email protected]

- Brainwash

May 9, 2017
HARDLINERECORDS.COM

I NO BRAINWASH THRU BLACK RHINO

Attachments

Brainwash new album!

What's up everybody? Forgive my few & far between posts.

My newest album dropped in May, FYI - "Amygdala" is now available on CD and mp3 download at my website: Home | Sykadelik Entertainment and at CD Baby. And will be available everywhere (Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, etc etc etc) as of the end of this week as well.

Show some love and support ya boy as I get back into this shit for the 1st time in over a decade. New album's hot - got 21 dope songs on it and features from my bro The Black Rhino (RIP Crazy-8-Ball) - who also produced 5 tracks as well as spittin' on 2 of 'em... And other features include Nutt-So from The Outlawz on 2 trax, MC Eiht on 1, RBX on 1, Domino spittin' a hook on 1 and Prodeje from South Central Cartel on 1 as well. Shit's dope and I'm hella proud of it. I originally promoted the fact that Mad-Cel, D-Cal and N-Sane of Mental Illness were gonna be on it as well but unfortunately, for various reasons, those planned features didn't work out in time for this album - but I'm definitely doing a couple with Mad-Cel on the next one (already working on it) and I'm still hoping to get down with N-Sane and the Mental Illness crew on the next one as well, we shall see.

NOTHING BUT ALL THE LOVE AND RESPECT IN THE WORLD FOR MY FELLOW 209 ARTISTS AND ALL THE UNDERGROUND INDEPENDENT CATS DOING THEIR THING! IT'S 2018 AND NO DRAMA, NO FUNK, NO PROBLEMS, NO STRESS AND ONLY GOOD THINGS!!!

"Amygdala" track listing:

1. The Upside Down (intro)
2. The Golden Age (featuring Prodeje of SCC)
3. Ten & Sumthin (featuring The Black Rhino)
4. You'll Love Me When I'm Gone
5. Plot 2 Get Rich (featuring MC Eiht)
6. Fort Knocks
7. We Can Get It On (featuring Nutt-So)
8. Take Me 2 Ur Leader (interlude)
9. Greenlight
10. 1.21 Gigawatts
11. Who You
12. Sleeper Cell (featuring RBX)
13. Vicious Groove (interlude)
14. A Tu Lado
15. Irish Brawler (interlude)
16. Kill 4 Me (featuring The Black Rhino)
17. Dying Breed (featuring Nutt-So)
18. A Mile To Go
19. In The Eyez
20. Young & Restless (featuring Domino)
21. Musical Mercenary

Also, be on the lookout for ya boy Brainwash on the upcoming compilations:

Mr. Blacc (from Spice-1's Thug World Music Group) - "Man Down"
and
Nutt-So (Outlawz) - "MOB: My Outlaw Brothers"

and a slew of new Brainwash Sykadelik Entertainment releases are also in the works.

Much love to everyone who digs my shit and supports the real! Home | Sykadelik Entertainment

Get at me any time - [email protected] - but only if you've got some love and positivity for me. Later for anything negative or hateristic.

One love

oh and if anyone knows how to contact Sonny Black let me know! I've been lookin' for him. We got down on a track on my 2005 underground CD "Lyrically Speaking" and I've been wanting to holler at him to get down on another track sometime soon as well.

Brainwash