The Big Homie "Maniak" Passed Away...(Psycopath Records)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SpenDoe

The Movement
Feb 2, 2004
California
linktr.ee
I am posting this in the B.A.R.T. Forum because this is bay rap related. A close friend of mine passed away after going into Cardiac Arrest in Oklahaoma this week. I met Maniak after relocating to the valley as a late teen. Him and his brothers put me on their record label, as an Artist for a couple years. He will be greatly missed. He loved music so much, but due to other things that were going, it was hard for him to pursue his dream. I called him Wednesday to talk about music plans, this is when i found out. We will continue to push forward for Maniak.

Maniak was a Rapper/Producer and Co-owner of "Psycopath Records". Originally from Pasadena, CA, He eventually moved to Westside of San Jose, CA. It was in San Jose, where Maniak, his brother Filthy Phil, and friend Bolo aka All da time started Psycopath Records, and formed the rap group M.I.A. (Mental Institution Association). Prior to forming the group, they were briefly affiliated w/Halfway House. He did his recording at Chinaz Cabinet Studios from the late 90's-2002.
He was featured on the track "San Jose" from Chinaz Big Gamezmen album. Other Artists he was affiliated with were U.T.G., Jiggalo, Young Heat, Persia, P.C.S., Madmann (younger brother), Playa-T, Midi & Nitti, and others..Anyone from the siccness who has attended any of the functions I've promoted or put together has possibly met Maniak.

His only group release was an E.P. titled "Da four Banga", consisting of four tracks off of the unreleased album "Mentally Disturbed". We will be releasing the album soon to share this man's talent with the world. There will also be a benefit concert soon.

Below is a new Youtube Link of MANIAK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAGuNjTxigg