Best of the bay today

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
The only "new school" bay rappers I listen to are Young Gully and Mumbls, but I mainly stick to the og artists
I talked to Gully once when he started rocking Freemason chains. We had a conversation on his Instagram about it and he went off on me talking about how he wears it to make fun of Freemasons, he said its like how people who don't believe in Jesus wear Jesus Chains to make fun of him. I was like yea whatever man and he deleted the whole conversation. Now he has pictures with all kinds of Masonic shit on it... he slaps tho. He's gone blow up for sure, he has the connections..

Jun 3, 2008
408/916
I talked to Gully once when he started rocking Freemason chains. We had a conversation on his Instagram about it and he went off on me talking about how he wears it to make fun of Freemasons, he said its like how people who don't believe in Jesus wear Jesus Chains to make fun of him. I was like yea whatever man and he deleted the whole conversation. Now he has pictures with all kinds of Masonic shit on it... he slaps tho. He's gone blow up for sure, he has the connections..

Haha I've never heard of anyone rocking a cross to mock jesus. Once on Gullys live ig, someone asked him about it, and he said something like, "it's something you can't look up online, you need to read it from books" lol pretty sure there's plenty of info online about freemasons

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
Haha I've never heard of anyone rocking a cross to mock jesus. Once on Gullys live ig, someone asked him about it, and he said something like, "it's something you can't look up online, you need to read it from books" lol pretty sure there's plenty of info online about freemasons
That's the reason he gave me for wearing a freemason chain.

I messaged him saying something like, ima fan of your music and I noticed u started wearing a masonic chain now, hope your good spiritually. N he went off on me talking about how hes not Masonic and he wears it to mock masons. N I was giving him shit saying that that doesnt make sense but ok n he deleted everything after.

I know enough about masons to notice when you're a mason. He was saying hes not, again this was like 2 to 3 years ago. Seems like he was getting tempted and fell into it. But I haven't seen anything he's done since then

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
lol

I'd bet you'd never notice my father being a mason...

If he isnt walking around with a Masonic chain posting pictures covering one eye in everything he's in now of course I wont. But I know enough symbolism to realize when somebody else is aware of what they are doing.

You act like it isnt straight forward with most rappers.

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
lol

I'd bet you'd never notice my father being a mason...
And I'm gona clarify because I'm sure u think I meant just by looking at somebody in general u can tell if they're a mason.

Im saying it like, how can u tell someone is a Norteno or a Crip if theyre not wearing colors?

I'm talking about the words that they decide to use, look at Apathys new album; its called The Widows Son.. Masonic. Every song title is Masonic.

The jewels they rock, that masonic chain, masonic ring like shaq always showing it off.
Their tats, shit most masons ive talked to have obvious ass tattoos. One asian dude I met had the logo blasted on his forearm, am I supposed to not know that he's a mason? Lol

My black neighbors are masons n I knew cuz they had that badge on their license plates of every car they drice.
Its obvious when somebody is a mason, IF you know the symbolism.

So unless ur dad isn't blasted with a tattoo, rocking the jewels and trying to hide it, in sure ill never know

Last edited:

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Hayward and Pittsburg are both underrated. Where the fuck is Richmond? You would think they would have more impact, but they don't.
this still slaps:

almost at a million views with no promo or radio play...of course it's from 2015, but I think it was sitting a way lower number until last year. I was hoping he would follow up with something catchy

I still got hope for Ezale:

he needs to put out more music imo

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
And I'm gona clarify because I'm sure u think I meant just by looking at somebody in general u can tell if they're a mason.

Im saying it like, how can u tell someone is a Norteno or a Crip if theyre not wearing colors?

I'm talking about the words that they decide to use, look at Apathys new album; its called The Widows Son.. Masonic. Every song title is Masonic.

The jewels they rock, that masonic chain, masonic ring like shaq always showing it off.
Their tats, shit most masons ive talked to have obvious ass tattoos. One asian dude I met had the logo blasted on his forearm, am I supposed to not know that he's a mason? Lol

My black neighbors are masons n I knew cuz they had that badge on their license plates of every car they drice.
Its obvious when somebody is a mason, IF you know the symbolism.

So unless ur dad isn't blasted with a tattoo, rocking the jewels and trying to hide it, in sure ill never know
I guess you are talking about some different masons. No tattoos, no jewelry, no chains, etc., kinda goes against what they stand for...