Bay area rap and the prison industrial complex

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
According to this article, the powers that be had a secret meeting where they decided to purposely promote violence and drugs in rap music in order to increase the number of convicts in the new corporate run "for profit" prison system. I ain't preaching because 80% of what I listen to is gangsta rap, but I felt I should share this with my brothers on the siccness.

Crazy shit...

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/2076...ged_Rap_Music_And_Destroyed_A_Generation.html

I hope so. This shit is real though. Whether or not this article can be verified or not, it's public information that prisons make a profit off of modern day slavery, and I would even say that the music we listen to feeds into that shit. I was lucky enough to recognize that before I got jacked.

Nov 21, 2007
Back in 1991 there were hardly any private prisons in California, the prison guards union was harder to break back then. Private prisons came into the picture later

and its not the music that contributes to the rise in prison inmates, crime actually decreased in the 90's. It has more to do with the restructuring of laws to give non-violent criminals longer sentences, the incredibly high recidivism rate due to dick head parole officers and parole boards, and the labeling of youth as gang members, which increases their chances of being arrested and harshly convicted.

But the end goal is the same, to fill up the prisons, which removes competition for jobs from society and looks good on the resume of up and coming politicians...not to mention the slave labor inmates provide. there is hella shit involved and there is no single factor that is creating this problem

Dec 8, 2006
www.myspace.com
Back in 1991 there were hardly any private prisons in California, the prison guards union was harder to break back then. Private prisons came into the picture later

and its not the music that contributes to the rise in prison inmates, crime actually decreased in the 90's. It has more to do with the restructuring of laws to give non-violent criminals longer sentences, the incredibly high recidivism rate due to dick head parole officers and parole boards, and the labeling of youth as gang members, which increases their chances of being arrested and harshly convicted.

But the end goal is the same, to fill up the prisons, which removes competition for jobs from society and looks good on the resume of up and coming politicians...not to mention the slave labor inmates provide. there is hella shit involved and there is no single factor that is creating this problem
REAL SHIT

AND LAST I HEARD THEY GETTIN LIKE 60 RACKS FOR EACH HEAD IN PRISON AND NOT SPENDING NOTHING CLOSE TO IT ON THAT PERSON HMMM

Oct 31, 2007

That pretty much sums it up

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
So 'they' decided to promote it...but who decided to MAKE it?
I'm not a rapper, but those who decide to make it do it for the money. what gangster rapper can legitimately say they do it for the love of music? is gangster/mob rap music? backpack rappers i could say make music because it has a meaning, a point, gangster rap is more like a battle cry or something.

anywayz, my 1/2cent.

Agreed. This is a complex situation with more than one factor involved.

People want to call you paranoid or a conspiracy theorist when you talk about this shit, but I don't believe for a second that the music I love so much doesn't support that whole structure. The laws and economic realities have more to do with. It's a multi-pronged attack. Those who think the government isn't waging war against the minorities and lower classes need to look at the numbers.

I'ma still bump Mob Figaz, Messy Marv, Too Short, etc.. all day... but to think that this shit doesn't have an impact on the minds of kids is bullshit. I'm glad Short, E-40, J. Stalin etc are putting subliminal positive messages in their music. I'd like to see more artists do this, and use their influence as a tool to the extend they can without losing their fanbase.

I saw Chuck D speak one time and he pointed out that there aren't any TV shows aimed at collegiate blacks (now you got The Game, and maybe more but this was a few years ago). Also, the numbers of hip hop artists on TV don't reflect the actual racial demographics of those doing it. Our media companies are projecting one particular version of "blackness" which reinforces prison culture and makes these private prisons money while they send our jobs overseas.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Agreed. This is a complex situation with more than one factor involved.

People want to call you paranoid or a conspiracy theorist when you talk about this shit, but I don't believe for a second that the music I love so much doesn't support that whole structure. The laws and economic realities have more to do with. It's a multi-pronged attack. Those who think the government isn't waging war against the minorities and lower classes need to look at the numbers.

I'ma still bump Mob Figaz, Messy Marv, Too Short, etc.. all day... but to think that this shit doesn't have an impact on the minds of kids is bullshit. I'm glad Short, E-40, J. Stalin etc are putting subliminal positive messages in their music. I'd like to see more artists do this, and use their influence as a tool to the extend they can without losing their fanbase.

I saw Chuck D speak one time and he pointed out that there aren't any TV shows aimed at collegiate blacks (now you got The Game, and maybe more but this was a few years ago). Also, the numbers of hip hop artists on TV don't reflect the actual racial demographics of those doing it. Our media companies are projecting one particular version of "blackness" which reinforces prison culture and makes these private prisons money while they send our jobs overseas.
So you think the world would be a better place with positive music only? U think jeffrey dahmer was bumpin brotha lynch?
Cmon bro. People are responsible for their own actions at the same time people can also be products of their environment has nothing to do with the subliminal messages in music.

So you think the world would be a better place with positive music only? U think jeffrey dahmer was bumpin brotha lynch?
Cmon bro. People are responsible for their own actions at the same time people can also be products of their environment has nothing to do with the subliminal messages in music.

I didn't say that. I don't think the world would be a better place, because there's always negativity and positivity, and I probably woulda killed someone if I didn't have negative music to calm me down when I was going through it. I DO think the black community would be in a better place if damn near every rapper wasn't talking about pimpin and selling drugs, and killing. Brotha lynch don't even have anything to do with it. He's one example, and his music is mostly a novelty to the world with the horror themes and all that. It's mostly angry white boys I seen bumpin that shit. I'm referring to the pervading themes that are so present in most gangsta rap, often glorified and without redeeming qualities or talking about the negative reality that comes as a result of that lifestyle. Individuals are ultimately responsible for themselves if they want to succeed, but it doesn't mean they aren't subject to the influence of the media.

My real point though was about how sinister that shit is that they had an ACTUAL MEETING to orchestrate this movement targeted at urban communities as a way to harvest workers for their private prison systems.