Bay Area Hook Singers Who Never Really Dropped Anything Of Their Own

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I've always wondered about some of the Singers who Appeared on a lot of popular Bay Area Albums and Singles over the years but never really dropped anything of their own.

Obviously the one that would come to most people's minds first is Levitti. We all know the paths he's been down, so we'll skip that one.

How about

Otis & Shug (Dropped 1 Album over seas, never released in U.S.)

Ephriam Galloway

Iyesha Johnson

Missippi (I think he has a couple solo albums out now though)

Dee Dee

Harm From Da Rich

and alot of others

There has been a lot of dope songs over the years, wish some of these singers would have dropped some of their own material. A few of them had a song here and there on compilations back when that was big.

Mar 21, 2013
Shima has that one album on YBB. Forget what its called.

But I'd say Harm and Levitti are the ones I was waiting to hear.

Harm - All Angles and Levitti's Mobbin My Funk and Too Fly unless they're the same and he changed the name

Otis had that self titled album (O. Cooper). It was like a brownish cover with 40 on it and I think 40 even produced a track on it

Props: C-4 and C-4

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Levitti never had a solo i think
Matt Blaque solos are hard to find
Harm probably would have had the best of them all
I don't know if Matt Blaque has a full solo. He has a few group projects, one with Guce, one with Nutt-So

Yea I wish Harm would have dropped his back in the day, he told me years ago, that he had some huge names he had worked with for his solo projects. He's still working on stuff. You can catch him with B-Legit a lot these days doing shows.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I don't know if Matt Blaque has a full solo. He has a few group projects, one with Guce, one with Nutt-So

Yea I wish Harm would have dropped his back in the day, he told me years ago, that he had some huge names he had worked with for his solo projects. He's still working on stuff. You can catch him with B-Legit a lot these days doing shows.
Harm gotta be up there for being featured on the most tracks

Apr 25, 2002
He's definitely dope but I wouldn't really count Allen Anthony as someone who hasn't dropped stuff of his own though. He was signed to Roc-A-Fella / Def Jam and dropped with the group Christion. Plus he's had solo projects, and he has his rock group A Band Called Pain
yeah i guess i was talking about "Oakland International" more than anything

May 31, 2006

i think Matt Blaque had one when he went by the name "Fatback." it might've been a mixtape, been a while since i saw it

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California

Matt Blaque had a solo before he linked up with Mess. I copped off of CD Baby. it was cool if you into R&B. Mess also presented a mixtape that he featured on.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
He has these ones as well, although I know nothing about the third one because I've never seen nor heard it:

Attachments

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
yeah

Iyesha started doing stuff again recently, and she has her single out and is working on her project

Harm is active

Levitti is locked up and probably won't see daylight for a long time

Otis & Shug were on almost every song on the new Poohman album, they were also on the new E-40 album, so hopefully they'll get active again

Toya Gaines from Pittsburg is working on stuff with DeWayne Wiggins from Tony Tone Toni, she's been on a lot of projects out of Pittsburg

not sure about some of the others

Singers these days seem to get popular like the hot rapper of the moment then everybody wants them on their album, like when Nate Dogg had his run for a couple years and was on everything, when Matt Blaque got popular after the Jacka song and he was on everything, or R.O.D., and now Rayven Justice is having his run