The Bay Area is always the underdog how to overcome ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 29, 2012
The way the Bay Area can get to where it deserve is to show case the talent. There is so much talent there but the individuals who aren't doing good music should take a back seat. Listening to the music that comes from different regions we have just as much talent. I think the visuals that are coming from the Bay Area artist is great because it allows people outside the Bay Area to match a face with a voice. Also it is great that the Bay Area artist are working with LA artist six hours away but for the longest we were distance cousins. Hint the question how many songs do Snoop Dog and E 40 have ? Some but not the number they should have. The artist I feel that the Bay should push is Phil thy Rich,V White and Politician , Mistah Fab, Livewire ,Young L,Casual, Jacka , T Nutty,Joe Blow,Danny From Sobrante,Davanni ,Lee Majors, Erk The Jerk, Young Boo, and Droop E. That not to even include the legends like Mac Dre (RIP),Cellski, San Quinn, V White , Too Short, Andre Nickatina, E 40, and C Bo which are still relevant in the Bay Area music screen. There are many more who are weren't named but feel it will only be a matter of time until there is a break through . I think this time around we can show how diverse the music talent is in the area. Just a observation from a life long Bay Area music fan.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
cali is to worried about pride and egos then helping each other. too many cheifs, not enough soldiers but thats how the leaf crumbles.

Sep 25, 2008
Some of the artists mentioned in the OP shouldn't be on the list. Not to mention this sort of topic has been covered a few times already.

There's some Bay Area artists signed with majors, but still haven't dropped an album or gotten nationwide exposure. New artists with a new sound is what's sought out for. Last time the bay had something like that was The Pack with the Vans song. Now it's Kreashawn.

There's some Bay Area artists I believe should be getting nationwide exposure, but TBH they don't have anything groundbreaking.

SF TRAXX

Composer / Producer
From what I've noticed [this is my opinion] its not about being "innovative" or "groundbreaking", its about working together building relationships with the right people, supporting your peers, building a strong core fan base and having good [practical] business sense. The recipe for success isn't some "hidden" formula, its there, right in front of most of these guys faces but at one point or another because of no fault but their own [9 times out of 10] opportunity evades them. At some point these cats that are in these "key" positions are gonna have to wise up and build sh*t right instead of looking for "a quick come up"...

Slow and steady wins the race.

Shortcuts are just that... Short.

$.02

Dec 14, 2011
From what I've noticed [this is my opinion] its not about being "innovative" or "groundbreaking", its about working together building relationships with the right people, supporting your peers, building a strong core fan base and having good [practical] business sense. The recipe for success isn't some "hidden" formula, its there, right in front of most of these guys faces but at one point or another because of no fault but their own [9 times out of 10] opportunity evades them. At some point these cats that are in these "key" positions are gonna have to wise up and build sh*t right instead of looking for "a quick come up"...

Slow and steady wins the race.

Shortcuts are just that... Short.

$.02

Ding Ding Ding.. we have a winner, sir!

cali is to worried about pride and egos then helping each other. too many cheifs, not enough soldiers but thats how the leaf crumbles.
LOL How many times am I gonna see this cheifs and soldiers line on here?

Too many people wanna rap period.. Theirs no filter for the shit and it doesn't help that you have the more established artist (eg: The Jacka) who legitimize alot of these non wannabe rappin ass cats buy selling them verses..

Too many rappers not enough fans in the bay.. that is all, sir..

Apr 25, 2002
Bay area artists have not demonstrated a solid combination of creative music, good marketing and good public relations / reputations.

If you can name artists that have all three of those you'll see some success: E-40, Zion I, Too $hort, Hieroglyphics.

Most Bay artists are missing one if not two of those three factors. The main two factors missing in my opinion are creative music and reputations.