BART vs the Shameless Self-Promotion Forum

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 27, 2008
honestly, just cuz you're in the bay doesnt mean you're music has earned its place in the BART forum.

i expect to see topics about established artists in here. the bay has plenty, & they're the one's worth reading about..

..yet many choose to post their bullshit in here, just because they're from the region.

its funny how someone like slapmaster can occasionally make half the topics on the front page his own, & SPAM every user without getting banned (for obvious reasons, i guess). this section is diluted.

this thread is half RANT, half a call for ORDER.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
thing is, its a new age breh..granted, a lot of boolchit artists are just that, there are a handful that are actually dope. this is the new trunk slanging as too short started, only most of the time its going to have to be free nowadays.

but dont get it twisted, i feel what your saying, i just think that it should still persist as long as it doesnt get annoying. then again, if its not liked just ignore it

Oct 27, 2008
i think if people are looking forward to your music to the point theyre making topics about it too, thats one thing. but if you're the only one making topics about your music, how does that belong outside of self-promotion?

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
good point..

then again on the flipside, if you was making music..spending time and money on the shit and no one rings your name, wouldnt you try and keep it lit for yourself?

i think some artists just dont get the point, which is why they flood the masses when the masses are already drowning

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
good point..

then again on the flipside, if you was making music..spending time and money on the shit and no one rings your name, wouldnt you try and keep it lit for yourself?

i think some artists just dont get the point, which is why they flood the masses when the masses are already drowning
That's what ads are for

Dec 3, 2009
They don't get the point... and yeah talk about Mac Mall and E 40
and good rappers like that.. no more threads about weak rappers..
anyways it's time to get drunk..

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
but really, who clicks adds? and when there are adds i think there is more backlash about them then praise..hell, e40s add turned into some funny shit talking from what i remember..

i think ads in general are seen by the consumer as constantly shoving your product in my face..IMO

Oct 27, 2008
lol i like that last line though.. (edit: i meant that "masses drowning" line)

i just look @ people like HD, sellin out the trunk, slangin mixtapes... & he's not a big name, but he's got the talent & hustle that gets him a certain buzz that gets people posting topics every time a new video comes out, just waiting on his new shit. he doesnt post here, but we still hear about him all the time. IMO if you have talent, it wont take you long to reach that point.

DIE RICH mixtape was the only artists i've seen on here recently who made me glad they posted theyre unknown music.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
see, and because he got it i know his name..shit, if it wasnt for the brehs who keep his name in the air i wouldnt have a clue about HD an shit like that. i come here to check whats instant hot right now..i dont got time to wait until that shits on the radio or in HD local type case slappin in someones car talking about who is that? "oh, thats that old shit"

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
but really, who clicks adds? and when there are adds i think there is more backlash about them then praise..hell, e40s add turned into some funny shit talking from what i remember..

i think ads in general are seen by the consumer as constantly shoving your product in my face..IMO
Then what's the point of commercials on tv then?
Ads work, subliminally, but they work.

Apr 24, 2011
lets do a weekly thread "to rap or not to rap" 2 rappers every friday each one song take it to the polls an if the masses say stop rapping or keep at it type thing everyone is givin an equel chance

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
since the dawn of commercials/ads, there have always been complaints..but thats what pays for our main programming..so, chicken or the egg? pick or chose..

and i take my own advice, i just ignore it if i aint feelin it.

and they do though rasan, i been singing that stupid fuck when i get older strong for a couple weeks now

fuck you android

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
I believe artists should only post news, album info and new videos. Fuck posting every single you make. Although there are a few that do it regularly (and you know who you are), it's enough to flood the board with shit nobody cares about.

Aug 17, 2002
i just don't like it when artists complain that no one is checking for their shit. they can promote all they want i don't care but when they start complaining it gets annoying.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I think when artist over bump there threads its annoying.. maybe on or two times ok

but when I see like 3 pages, and 90% of all the post is from the same team - its dumb

Its one thing to be involved in your thread, its another thing to be talking to yourself

Feb 11, 2006
anyone complaining and crying about people promoting there music and tryna hustle there product on a gangster rap site needs to just.....

nigga its the yay area mayne, northern cali niggaz get there hustle on,gafflin niggaz or what ever tryna get noticed by any means,ya cant hate on some one puttin music out there ,alot of ya'lls favorite rappers have used this site directly or indirectly to promote there music previously,or currently...,if u aint feelin it like alot of shitty rappers out there make it be known in the threads ya complaining about (i'll tell a rapper my opinion on his music quick and talk shit like everybody else) but makin a thread sayin promoting music on here should be policed is batty bwoy shit