Ascap or Bmi

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Both at the same time? I wanted to do both at the same time but it looks like you can only do one or the other for the length of the contract?
Are you trying to do it as a writer or publisher? If as a writer you can't. If you're publishing 3rd party material like we're in the process of doing then you can belong to more than one PRO.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Are you trying to do it as a writer or publisher? If as a writer you can't. If you're publishing 3rd party material like we're in the process of doing then you can belong to more than one PRO.

I signed up as a writer for BMI, but id like to do both...$150 for publisher right? Some one said that if you just sign up for either writer or publisher you only collect 50% of what you could be collecting...is that tru?

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
There is no value of either if you have no significant work to collect royalties from. I suggest researching the topic (not saying you haven't) more in depth before falling for a belief that you need either out the gate.

i feel you bro....id just hate to be that artist that was on a hot song and didnt get shit from it. now whether or not you can sign up and get yours after the fact i dont know....me personally right now im just tryin to get all my ducks in a row and cover my bases so i dont have to play catch-up later.