ARTIST INTERESTED IN OPENING UP FOR TOO SHORT IN PETALUMA CA ON 8/17.........

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2007
Go holla at the homie Crazie Locs.

He got mad spitz. Here he is on Wild 94.9

[video=youtube;ySqB_Sk97fU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySqB_Sk97fU[/video]

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
LOL. LOOOOONG gone are the days of paying an opening act...and long gone are the days where opening acts actually brought a crowd that made them worth paying.
no doubt, just poking at this thread a little my bro, and the funny thing is its artist out there that will pay for those spots lol...id rather work hard and create a actual legitimate buzz. Can anyone name a currently successful artist from the Bay that is paying or did pay for there spots to perform ? Successful as in makes a actual living off there music career .

May 8, 2011
dont pay for spots, if you got money to do that then you might as well throw your own shows. Find the right promoter and make some money off it. Figure out where your fanbase is strong or could be and hit those spots hard.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
Artist(s) Who Pay For Spots Are Basically Looking For The Opportunity To Attatch Their Brand To A Different Crowd!! Sometimes In Order To Progress In The Industry You Need To Spend A Little Money Due To The Heavy Politics And Built In Groups In The Bay Which At Times Makes IT Hard Even For A Up And Coming Artist(s) To Perform With Someone That Has Some Credibility. Im Sure Everyone Would Love To Get Paid And Asked To Perform For Such Artist(s) But In General Terms Its Unlikely To Happen Everyone Seems To Be Unsure On Sales!! And Unsure Where That Next Dollar Will Come From And If Their Is Justification On Why I Should Or Should Not Pay For This Event Then As A Aritst, Manager, Producer Whatever The Case May Be I Must Make The Rational And Logical Choice On If It Will Help My Brand!

Just Two Cents From a Different Point Of View

May 8, 2011
And without puttin anybody on blast I know one artist who is in heavy radio rotation right now that definitely paid for it and definitely spent big money getting to the point they are at now. The radio aint letting your shit go farther than some hometurf spins without gettin paid. I know too much now. Just seems to me that you are paying somebody eventually if you wanna bust thru the politics of the music game wether it is for a marketing team which will get you shows and further your brand or a publicist that can do the same thing you are still paying for bigger shows and industry help to further your brand. You are still paying somebody eventually to get to the top no matter what you say, if thats your goal.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
They Key Word Is INVESTMENT!!! you Are Investing In Your Brand Its Not Like your Giving Them 1,000 To Perform Just To Do So Unless Thats Your Intentions Every Move You Make Is A Investment For Your Brand.....People Need To Start Looking At The Pluses Then The Minuses Nobody Owes Anyone A Damn Thing lol

Apr 7, 2004
And without puttin anybody on blast I know one artist who is in heavy radio rotation right now that definitely paid for it and definitely spent big money getting to the point they are at now. The radio aint letting your shit go farther than some hometurf spins without gettin paid. I know too much now. Just seems to me that you are paying somebody eventually if you wanna bust thru the politics of the music game wether it is for a marketing team which will get you shows and further your brand or a publicist that can do the same thing you are still paying for bigger shows and industry help to further your brand. You are still paying somebody eventually to get to the top no matter what you say, if thats your goal.
You r right bro. Hit me up & let me know what you know. I wanna know who & how much $$$.

Sep 12, 2002
www.sohnup.com
From a business standpoint, I've never been a big fan of artists paying to get on shows. Often times, the shows are shitty and aren't well promoted. Take your bread and invest it into something thats going to provide a return on your investment (ROI) i.e. setting up your own shows/tours and so on. How does paying to get on a show benefit you as an artist? Some promoters run game as if they are providing you with exposure to a "new" audience but couldn't you do the same if you invested that same amount of money into promotion, marketing, and branding? Point blank, if an artist(-s) brings a decent crowd and adds value to the show, he/she/they should be paid accordingly.
Learn the business and find your own lane. Make dope music and put out A+ product. Build your fan base and relationships organically.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
From a business standpoint, I've never been a big fan of artists paying to get on shows. Often times, the shows are shitty and aren't well promoted. Take your bread and invest it into something thats going to provide a return on your investment (ROI) i.e. setting up your own shows/tours and so on. How does paying to get on a show benefit you as an artist? Some promoters run game as if they are providing you with exposure to a "new" audience but couldn't you do the same if you invested that same amount of money into promotion, marketing, and branding? Point blank, if an artist(-s) brings a decent crowd and adds value to the show, he/she/they should be paid accordingly.
Learn the business and find your own lane. Make dope music and put out A+ product. Build your fan base and relationships organically.

If You Pay To Get On A Show And your Believe This Will Help You!!!.... In What You Are Putting Fourth Is Your Face To The People. Giving A Visual To A Voice, Sharing A Moment With Future Fans, Remember Music Is Bigger Then Money. Money Cant Buy You Fans It Simply Can Just Buy Memories!!! But At The Same Time Sharing A Moment With Someone When Music Is A Very Personal And Reflection Of Someones Character To Be Able To share That And Hopefully Get The Respect In Return Is Priceless!!!Dont Get Caught Up In The Money Hype Trust We All Would Love To Make A Dollar Here And their But In Respect To The Art Being Able To Reach Out And Share My Thoughts And Expiriences With People Who Are Looking To let Loose And Get Away From Their Hectic And Stressful Lives At Times Is All Worth It To Spend $1, $100, $5000 If You Believe In Yourself Attatch Yourself With Like Minded People And Not Janky Promoters!! That Is The Most Important Rule Is Find People Who Actually CARE!!

Thank You Miss Lady For Your Feedback Respect & Appreciate