ANT BANKS - THE BIG BADASS Appreciation Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
This is the 20 year anniversary of this classic album, and my personal favorite bay area album. The production on this album is that classic Ant Banks sound, and Banks always sounded smooth as fuck. I like this album way better then his first album. It just sounds way more polished, and had all the Dangerous Crew members out there. I wish Banks would come back and produce one more album for Short or Spice 1, or maybe just a comp. I just want some more Ant Banks funk. But this album is his best IMO.

Other classic bay area albums from 1994:
The Coup-Genocide & Juice
Dru Down-Explicit Game

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
Dope album. All his albums are good in different ways. Sittin on something phat was ahead of its time, big bad ass was dangerous crew at their prime doing their signature sound, big thangs was really polished banks and him branching out musically and with lots of outside guests.

Mar 5, 2007
I remember copping this album back in 94... Had it bumping in my Walkman everywhere I went! It has the classic timeless bay sound to it. It's one of those albums that I can still bump today and still sounds dope! The production doesn't sound dated to me... Even in 2014.

I liked this album much better than Do Or Die and Sitting on Something Phat... But both those albums are very good also.

@ Mixerr... you'd probably know but what is Banks up to these days?! I heard he's out here in Arizona fucking with Real-estate. Is this true... Does he still produce music or is he retired from the music biz?

May 5, 2002
1993-1994 SITTIN ON SOMETHIN PHAT AND THE BIG BAD ASS.... SLAPPIN IN MY 1975 CORDOBA AND MY 1973 MONTE CARLO WITH THE SWIVEL BUCKETS....HELLA BEAT IN THE BACK AND A CAR FULL OF HOMIES AND YAMPS....SOME OF THE BEST TIMES OF MY LIFE....REAL WESTCOAST MUSIC....REAL TALK.