Albums done by one producer ...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 4, 2003
www.bayundaground.com
nawh, not true; check out releases from C-Dubb, he makes his own beats and releases projects that slaps from front to back; check out Sav It Out projects - they got their own producer Kev Knocks who drops beats like its nothing; check Filthy Fill and his beats on Nasty North projects; as far as I remember Pakslap & Bandit did one or two projects (from Joe Blow? Berner? I dont remember right now) with all the beats from them.
nevertheless I miss that old classic production; I was lately listening to some old albums (from mid 90s) from JT, Dubee, San Quinn... shit was 100 times better back then;

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
One producer or one composer? Producer = the guy calling the shots, dictating how the song will be structured, what key the song will be in, what type of instruments, etc. He doesn't have to play. Composer = the person making the beat/music. Due to rap fuckin shit up the two became synonymous when they shouldn't be.

And to get the flow you're speaking of you need a little bit more to it than just having the same beat maker. You need to have the right sequence and the right fades.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
One producer or one composer? Producer = the guy calling the shots, dictating how the song will be structured, what key the song will be in, what type of instruments, etc. He doesn't have to play. Composer = the person making the beat/music. Due to rap fuckin shit up the two became synonymous when they shouldn't be.

And to get the flow you're speaking of you need a little bit more to it than just having the same beat maker. You need to have the right sequence and the right fades.
I think mac mall's first album is one of the best produced albums ever. It sure doesn't sound like a indy album, didn't jay king teach khayree how to make beats?

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
1 producer maximum 2 is the way to do it. Find a producer who matches your sound and finish an album. That every song a different producer shit sounds garage as fuck, I agree
all those old bay albums had alot of street money behind them, free use of samples, it will never be like that again.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Real talk but on another note sumone need ta bring back real instruments like shorty b klou an the rest sum1 bring the bay funk bak fuk it's a drought. Suckas and faggots robbed the game blind
I'm probably the only cat out the bay right now where 99.9% of the album is live. But my audience, musically, is metal, nu metal, grunge, etc. And then I have shit in my archives that's straight up mob, RnB and funk based but that's my preview pack just to show what I can do.

I actually played or had my guys get down. We can put together an album with live instrumentation but it's gonna cost. One of the lead players on my album did six tracks for Beyoncé and we recorded some pianos at my spot like 9 months ago for the brother of one of those HBK guys (don't know his name.) Then another one of the players toured with John Lee Hooker Jr. and Little Feat while we were recording my shit and the lead bassist for my album has a shit ton of tracks on movies (Star Wars, Independence Day for example.) So we can definitely do someone's album but on the real man, a lot of cats don't have the budget. Live bass, live guitars, live drums every now and then, some keys, shit even some real strings. A lot of cats ain't got the money for that and if they do got the bread they ain't spendin it on production like that.

"Why I gotta pay him for a track when I can get one for free from the little homies?" - A very well known Bay Area rapper, 2015.

Apr 20, 2005
I'm probably the only cat out the bay right now where 99.9% of the album is live. But my audience, musically, is metal, nu metal, grunge, etc. And then I have shit in my archives that's straight up mob, RnB and funk based but that's my preview pack just to show what I can do.

I actually played or had my guys get down. We can put together an album with live instrumentation but it's gonna cost. One of the lead players on my album did six tracks for Beyoncé and we recorded some pianos at my spot like 9 months ago for the brother of one of those HBK guys (don't know his name.) Then another one of the players toured with John Lee Hooker Jr. and Little Feat while we were recording my shit and the lead bassist for my album has a shit ton of tracks on movies (Star Wars, Independence Day for example.) So we can definitely do someone's album but on the real man, a lot of cats don't have the budget. Live bass, live guitars, live drums every now and then, some keys, shit even some real strings. A lot of cats ain't got the money for that and if they do got the bread they ain't spendin it on production like that.

"Why I gotta pay him for a track when I can get one for free from the little homies?" - A very well known Bay Area rapper, 2015.
Why don't y'all just make the music first and if it blows up, u will get ur money?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Why don't y'all just make the music first and if it blows up, u will get ur money?
Because with a lot of musicians they need the money now. Forget the ones that are playing to support their habits. You have to maintain your equipment which isn't cheap, get from studio to studio which takes gas and toll, eat while you're recording (which can be up to ten hours a day if the studio is booked for a day) and all types of other shit. One of the guys on my project has his own studio so he makes a bit of money on the side doing that. Another offers guitar and piano lessons and another repairs and mods guitars and guitar amps on the side.

So I look at it like this. Do you get a sack, try it and then pay the D-boy only if you got high?