7 Years After His Death-Will Tupac Return?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2002
TODAY! marks the seventh anniversary of the death of rap star Tupac Shakur. Although a lot of folks won't admit it publicly, trust me, some will be looking for him to return from the dead.

Yes, I know it sounds crazy. But if the rumors about him faking his death, which emerged shortly after the November 1996 posthumous release of his Makaveli album ``The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory,'' are true, then Tupac should surface today.

After all, here's a man who, while alive, sold 6 million albums but since his death has sold more than 30 million.

To this day, he remains one of the most admired figures among young people around the world.

It's hard for many to believe that he recorded all the material released since 1996 before passing away.

A Tupac album has been released every year since then, and they have included dozens of popular songs that sound as if they were recorded yesterday. The fact that you can turn on the radio and hear him rapping in new songs alongside Nas and 50 Cent has only heightened the speculation.

In recent years there have been books, Web sites, documentaries and an ABC "Nightline'' show exploring the rumors and theories that Tupac faked his death to escape his record contract or hide from government officials or pull the ultimate publicity stunt.

The "7-Day Theory'' links the number 7 to significant events in Tupac's life. For example, he was shot on Sept. 7 and survived for seven days. The time of death was 4:03 (4+0+3=7). He starred in seven movies and recorded the album "Don Killuminati'' in seven days. There have been seven albums by him released since 1996.

All this is accentuated by the fact that Tupac often rapped about dying and returning from the dead, a la Makaveli.

In his song "God Bless the Dead,'' released in 1998, Tupac says, "Rest in peace, Biggie Smalls, referring to his rival, the Notorious B.I.G., who died six months after Tupac. In another song, he makes an off-color reference to Jay-Z, whom he hardly knew but who was getting a lot of criticism from fellow rappers when the album was released.

In any case, on Saturday the Tupac album title "All Eyez on Me'' will take on new meaning.

Did he fake his death? If he didn't, a lot of folks who have been anxiously waiting and studying him will have to find another passion -- or hustle -- depending on how you see all this.

Dec 2, 2002
Alot of people stated, "let the man r.i.p."...well shit, let a man have an opinion without dick face's posting bullshit afterwards...

i dont know wether 2pac is dead or alive and neither does anyone else, except for maybe suge or afeni and they aint sayin shit. so until i see 2pac alive in the flesh on the big screen or see his real corpse(that autopsy picture isn't enough, being that it only showed like a 3rd of his body and didn't show his face)...then its still a mystery thats yet to be solved. i dont like to assume like alot of you on here, so im keepin it a mystery until i see some acual proof. thats just me.....

Jan 20, 2003
MC_PM$ said:
I don't know if he is dead or alive. What I want to know is who (supposedly) capped his ass?
ya kidding me? orlando anderson, this shit has been on hella different shows. some crip from l.a. who they fought in the lobby before he got shot. now he's dead too. they matched the car used in the shooting to him, etc etc.

Feb 19, 2003
NICKpro RM said:
Peep the new XXL - they just buried his ashes. Let him RIP once and for all.
Agreed. Nick, your statement reminds of a statement John Lennon (RIP) once made about the Beatles. I think it's relevant for Tupac as well:

"If The Beatles or the '60s had a message, it was LEARN TO SWIM. Period. And once you learn to swim, SWIM. The people who are hung up on the Beatles' and the 60s' dream missed the whole point when The Beatles' and The '60s' dream BECAME the point. Carrying The Beatles' or the '60s' dream around all your life is like carrying the 2nd World War and Glenn Miller around. That's not to say you can't enjoy Glenn Miller or The Beatles, but living in that dream is the twilight zone. It's NOT LIVING NOW. It's an illusion."

I love Tupac as much as the next man, and everybody has a right to their opinion, but I prefer to remember the man for what he did, but at the same time we all should try to live in the present (being hung up on nostalgia makes you old before your time, IMHO. LOL!).

PEACE!