[Music Video] Iamsu! ft. P-Lo - HBKJoe Beat

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 4, 2011
Su is the most talented artist to come out of Richmond since Erk... there's a lot of similarities between the two (rappers/producers, soulful production style, street-conscious styles) but unlike Erk he has the streets, the radio and the clubs listening. I've literally had days where I'm going to a party and I hear mothafuckas slappin "Igloo", "Got Em Goin'", etc. all over the Town, and when I get to the party they're playing "Function", "Swaggin", etc. And unlike some Bay rappers, it's obvious he has an appreciation of music other than rap... he's a fan of music first and a rapper second. He understands what good music sounds like, not just what a good verse and beat sounds like.

He also has a hell of a lot more mainstream appeal than most rappers... his persona is likeable and it's obvious he's intelligent. He hustles like a mothafucka... going from being a Bay Area freshman to doing songs that get remixed by the likes of 50 and TI and getting cosigned by every major Bay rapper takes some real dedication.

His only real problem is that most of his group is frankly not as talented as he is... other than that, he has the rap industry in his palm and by now I'm sure he knows it. I'm happy to see Richmond getting shine, they got a lot of talent right now and most of them seem to understand that hustle is key to success in the industry. Honestly they haven't had an opportunity like this since the No Limit days... I'd love to see Richmond be recognized as one of the epicenters of the New Bay movement, they've always been overshadowed by Oakland and not as recognized as Vallejo or SF.