The Siccness Network

Go Back   The Siccness Network > >

User Tag List

Old 07-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Sicc OG

Propped 37 Times in 16 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to 6688846993
Tech N9ne - Special Effects [ALBUM]

My next album is called Special Effects. I aint ever told nobody that. Soon as I get through Therapy, Imma start getting beats. The rapper has no firm date for Special Effects as of now, but given his rigorous workflow, it may be sooner than later. You gotta keep moving, he said.

Tech N9ne Reveals Upcoming Rock EP and ‘Special Effects’ Album | MTV Hive

As news leaks lets fill this thread up. I know Something Else hasn't official dropped but Strange is talking about it already. Let's hope its not rushed!!!!
6688846993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
pinezall
Sicc OG

Propped 78 Times in 50 Posts
gotdamn...tech's grind is unfuckwitable
pinezall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
MysticOracle
si vis pacem para bellum

Propped 3,785 Times in 1,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinezall View Post
gotdamn...tech's grind is unfuckwitable
And the quality content continues to plummet
Tacos, Ass, Titties and Sluts or T.A.T.S can save most threads...take this page example...what looked and started out as a thread with pure faggot undertones has since been salvaged ...with the T.A.T.S. method we can accomplish so much working with so little
MysticOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To MysticOracle:
Old 07-29-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
L.D.S.
The Bakersman

Propped 2,290 Times in 1,078 Posts
Send a message via AIM to L.D.S.
I don't think he's suffering from quality issues, but I do get a little concerned how much info he's giving media.

A little mystery helps.

But I don't have the talent or the position he does, so I'm sure he's doing exactly what he needs to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDiamondFDC View Post
I'm sure you put it the fuck down for 10's of people every weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousICON View Post
Gotta come in here and hide from the faggotry going on right now. I just saw a little asian guy with DD's and a giant sack, my eyes need some of that tiddie medicine.
L.D.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To L.D.S.:
Old 07-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
BTNH187
Sicc OG

Propped 6 Times in 3 Posts
Tech's work ethic>>>>>>>>
BTNH187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
casperog
Sicc OG

Propped 48 Times in 42 Posts
Send a message via AIM to casperog Send a message via MSN to casperog
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.D.S. View Post
I don't think he's suffering from quality issues, but I do get a little concerned how much info he's giving media.

A little mystery helps.
Agreed.

Its all quality releases but I get the feeling he wants to be doing more normal generic hiphop then the different sound we have grown to love. And the more he releases new shit the more I hear the generic hiphop ideas slowly slipping in..

Some could argue an artist "evolves" but I dont consider generic hiphop a step forward.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
MasZive
Sicc OG

Propped 8 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MasZive Send a message via Yahoo to MasZive
I agree somewhat, Tech has overfilled our cups with tons of music.. Shit I remember the fuss when he left us hanging for almost 2 years for a album, but he's doing what he needs to do for his Fans and not trying to reinvent himself, just keep pumping out Live show worthy music while at the same time saying Fuck the Industry.. Either way, Tech is good (financially, career-wise).. While I always think "Damn, Tech coulda went commercial with this track and fucked the game up!" I also gotta remember his devotion to making the Industry go Tech!

MasZive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To MasZive:
Old 07-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
casperog
Sicc OG

Propped 48 Times in 42 Posts
Send a message via AIM to casperog Send a message via MSN to casperog
I wish he would just focus 2 years on releasing unreleased old songs

Vintage Tech Vol 2/3 <

I want sleeping beauty!
Old 07-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
siccone420
Smokers Only

Propped 976 Times in 386 Posts
Gee I wonder how you found this out.....
siccone420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #10
MysticOracle
si vis pacem para bellum

Propped 3,785 Times in 1,266 Posts
the strange sound has suddenly switched to a very generic sound..its no longer different..if anyone follows tech/strange on facebook or twatter than you know also know tech went all commercial and though he might say FTI what he really means is he finally gave in to get more money...which is acceptable to me..however the whole sound has changed a tech n9ne album now days is a fuckin big name collabos album with a few people that you wish never made the final cut...a fucking rock EP? i thought that was what "something else" was for the most part...and i dont even want to begin thinking about what laser tag fireworks show special effects will be
Tacos, Ass, Titties and Sluts or T.A.T.S can save most threads...take this page example...what looked and started out as a thread with pure faggot undertones has since been salvaged ...with the T.A.T.S. method we can accomplish so much working with so little
MysticOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
p.ellz
Sicc OG

Propped 193 Times in 83 Posts
Send a message via AIM to p.ellz
shit if i made as much money as he did id work all day every day too

definatly lookn forward to the new music tho
Old 07-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
rmillerpacers31
Sicc OG

Propped 36 Times in 20 Posts
Gotta release all he can now. He isn't getting any younger, and won't be releasing albums forever. I'm sure he is saving all the old unreleased stuff to keep the money coming in after he is kicked back in his slippers living the retirement life.

Check my youtube:
DragonFro Productions Videos
rmillerpacers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To rmillerpacers31:
Old 07-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
pinezall
Sicc OG

Propped 78 Times in 50 Posts
^^^
tech's said himself that he doesnt have tons of unreleased shit, he puts out pretty much everything he records.

tech/strange have done an amazing job of keeping the quality up while being insanely prolific.strange is responsible for the 4 standout albums of the year so far (imo-something else, war within, believers, life&times of johnny valient) i would be beyond bored w/new hiphop if it wasnt for their work ethic/talent

that said, i really hope tech decides to change up his formula for his next project.everything since "everready" has been plagued w/shitty features destroying what could be classic albums.he is way too concerned w/featuring mainstream artists on his shit.i dont understand how "mainstream goes tech" translates to him grabbing every famous rapper he can for his album, while none of these people want him on their shit (besides the wayne feature)

if tech limits the features on "special effects", i have no doubt it will be incredible
pinezall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #14
Theezy
Sicc OG

Propped 210 Times in 77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticOracle View Post
the strange sound has suddenly switched to a very generic sound..its no longer different..if anyone follows tech/strange on facebook or twatter than you know also know tech went all commercial and though he might say FTI what he really means is he finally gave in to get more money...which is acceptable to me..however the whole sound has changed a tech n9ne album now days is a fuckin big name collabos album with a few people that you wish never made the final cut...a fucking rock EP? i thought that was what "something else" was for the most part...and i dont even want to begin thinking about what laser tag fireworks show special effects will be
So fuckin bitter. lol chill out bro its not that serious...

Have you heard Something Else yet? If you have, there is no way in hell you can sit there and say that it is in any way generic or not different. Show me another rapper that is puttin out music like this. Whether its good or bad, it sure as hell is like nothing else you hear other rappers doing and FAR from generic. I do agree with you in saying I dont understand why we are getting ANOTHER rock EP. I consider SE basically a rock album already. I dont need another 9 rock songs from Tech. But for you to automatically write off Special Effects already without knowing anything more than a title is way to premature. Hopefully by that time, which Im sure is at least a year from now, Tech will get both Jay-Z and Nas on some tracks and those aint no bullshit filler artists. Im just sayin, wait til we have more before you just say fuck the album already lol
Old 07-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #15
Infantry Elite
Sicc OG

Propped 241 Times in 99 Posts
So...is "Special Effects" different than "Therapy" which is promoted in the new album artwork?
Infantry Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #16
Sicc OG

Propped 37 Times in 16 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to 6688846993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantry Elite View Post
So...is "Special Effects" different than "Therapy" which is promoted in the new album artwork?
Yeah Therapy will be a rock EP & Special Effects is the next album.
6688846993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:34 PM   #17
Infantry Elite
Sicc OG

Propped 241 Times in 99 Posts
Oooh. for some reason i read the original post as him literally being in therapy lol

no idea why that didn't click.
Infantry Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #18
UGT
Sicc OG

Propped 64 Times in 38 Posts
Tech sounds dope over rock beats....he sud collab with RAGe....slayer....metaliica..the whole group of system..tool...i cud go on and on tech wud sound dope with them
UGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #19
UGT
Sicc OG

Propped 64 Times in 38 Posts
on another note from those samples of son of sam krizz may just beat tech again for strange album of the year his last one was better than all 6's and 7's minus the few epic tracks
UGT is offline   Reply With Quote